Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are any of you really excited about this comming season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 27, 2010, 01:03:10 PM

I�ve never gone into a Buc season like I did last year and this year knowing the team is going to finish last, the owners saying we�re going to finish last. I�ve never seen anything like it.�

Guess you haven't been a Buc fan very long. Some of us spent a few decades with that feeling every year.

Exactly.. We have regressed to the Culverhouse years. This is exactly like it was. Go into every season knowing the team is going to suck...knowing you have a terrible coaching staff and knowing your owners are cheap SOBs.

Soon we will see Bucs tickets being placed under people's windshield wipers because you wont be able to even pay anyone to take them. You have to give them away when people arnt looking.

Bash

Practice Squad

#31 : May 27, 2010, 01:06:45 PM

I wish the season started today. I am looking forward to the Bucs being more competitive in their second season of rebuilding. I'm curious to see how our second-year players do, and eager to see our rookies get on the field.

I like a lot of the players as well as the coach, and I am rooting for them to do well.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 27, 2010, 01:11:59 PM

Remember last year when the NFL season kicked off and you knew the Bucs didn�t stand a chance?� You ever think about this year and realize the Bucs still don�t stand a chance?� Pretty hard to take if you ask me. A wasted NFL season.� At least with Daddy Glazer and Gruden we fielded a team that could or should compete, whether we finished 0-16 or not.� I�ve never gone into a Buc season like I did last year and this year knowing the team is going to finish last, the owners saying we�re going to finish last. I�ve never seen anything like it.� It�s not Doom and Gloom but� aren�t you pissed� they didn�t bring in vets to even try and compete?� I know you love me, you don't have to say it.

What kinda thread is this? I ALWAYS, ALWAYS look forward to the upcoming football season. I could care less about hockey and baseball, basketball or nascar for that matter. It's the only thing I really get geared up for. The only thing that concerns me this year is whether or not I'll be able to watch the games on TV with this whole black out debacle. I can't afford to get season tickets, so going to a lot of games isn't an option.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 27, 2010, 01:12:35 PM

Remember last year when the NFL season kicked off and you knew the Bucs didn�t stand a chance?� You ever think about this year and realize the Bucs still don�t stand a chance?� Pretty hard to take if you ask me. A wasted NFL season.� At least with Daddy Glazer and Gruden we fielded a team that could or should compete, whether we finished 0-16 or not.� I�ve never gone into a Buc season like I did last year and this year knowing the team is going to finish last, the owners saying we�re going to finish last. I�ve never seen anything like it.� It�s not Doom and Gloom but� aren�t you pissed� they didn�t bring in vets to even try and compete?� I know you love me, you don't have to say it.

What kinda thread is this? I ALWAYS, ALWAYS look forward to the upcoming football season. I could care less about hockey and baseball, basketball or nascar for that matter. It's the only thing I really get geared up for. The only thing that concerns me this year is whether or not I'll be able to watch the games on TV with this whole black out debacle. I can't afford to get season tickets, so going to a lot of games isn't an option.
Agreed.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 27, 2010, 01:13:39 PM

Cyber you said it all right there. Those were dark days. I guess I'd consider myself "cautiously optimistic" at this time. But all that could change a minute into the first regular season game and things aren't going so well. There really is no reason the bucs shouldn't beat Cleveland in that first week.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 27, 2010, 01:17:58 PM

and curling.

I will say curling is more exciting than the current Bucs team.   But normally it's quite boring.

Well, it was until the blonde Johnson sisters retired from the U.S. Olympic Curling Team. Now, its back to boring.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 27, 2010, 01:32:59 PM

I wish more people used condoms.   

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#37 : May 27, 2010, 02:24:03 PM

Im excited for sure. Im not really looking for them to wow me but I am looking forward to seeing improvements. A good percentage of who is on our roster now is going to be our future. I am mostly going to watch these guys as they will most likely be here for the long haul.

Freeman
McCoy
Price
Talib
Benn
Williams
Stroughter
Winslow
TJack
M. Lewis
Hayes
Moore
Miller

Guys who could be
Penn
Ruud
Black
Joseph

Its not so much about what the teams record is for me this year as it is the improvements I see. Of course anything close to this year would be considered a failure though.

The NFL is about winning the Super Bowl, not watching players develop.�

So 1 team is good and 31 are all the worst.

The ultimate goal is to win a super bowl but me as a fan have accepted that they arent going to win a super bowl next year. Anything close to a playoff game will make me ecstatic. The average age for this team is very low. To win a super bowl you have to experienced players and talent. Right now our team only has talent and potential. Talent and potential doesnt get you a superbowl. The Saints had talent and potential for all those years until they got experience. Once they got experience they were always considered a contender. Right now this team needs to grow and get that experience. Experience is never pretty and looks pretty damn bad at times. However its what has to happen to get to that place where you are the best in the league.

Now are we saying as fans that we always want our team to grow and build? No, of course not. There is no better time for it right now though. Give it 2-4 years and if the team doesnt have that continuity of being a contender then you failed. As much as I like Gruden but he failed. He could never get our team to have that continuity. Blame it on the Glazers or bad drafting but Gruden had a lot of say in how he wanted his team to look, at least from a drafting perspective. If you cant draft well, meaning get good players to grow with each other for a long time, then you will not have continuity. That is what this team is striving for right now. Of course the ultimate goal never changes but there is only one team that wins that Super Bowl like the poster above stated. It means that you have to continue to get better every year until you do win that super bowl.

Right now I dont think you have a lot of people who think we can win a super bowl next year, even the players & coaches. Even the biggest homers in Tampa will admit that they dont see us winning super bowl next year. You know why? because its unrealistic. Unrealistic goals are a waste of time, emotionally and energetically. Thats why you see a lot of fans, like me, who are looking forward to seeing this team IMPROVE. Improvement is a realistic goal. What we mean by improvement is seeing the team getting in the right direction so that someday, hopefully within the next 3 years, we are a contender. As a fan, you have to be able to have hope and to believe there is something to be excited for. If you dont have hope or believe there is something to be excited for then why be a fan at all?

lowlife

Starter

#38 : May 27, 2010, 02:30:37 PM

I'll be following Carrollwood Day School.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 27, 2010, 02:43:02 PM

Im excited for sure. Im not really looking for them to wow me but I am looking forward to seeing improvements. A good percentage of who is on our roster now is going to be our future. I am mostly going to watch these guys as they will most likely be here for the long haul.

Freeman
McCoy
Price
Talib
Benn
Williams
Stroughter
Winslow
TJack
M. Lewis
Hayes
Moore
Miller

Guys who could be
Penn
Ruud
Black
Joseph

Its not so much about what the teams record is for me this year as it is the improvements I see. Of course anything close to this year would be considered a failure though.

The ultimate goal is to win a super bowl but me as a fan have accepted that they arent going to win a super bowl next year. Anything close to a playoff game will make me ecstatic. The average age for this team is very low. To win a super bowl you have to experienced players and talent. Right now our team only has talent and potential. Talent and potential doesnt get you a superbowl. The Saints had talent and potential for all those years until they got experience. Once they got experience they were always considered a contender. Right now this team needs to grow and get that experience. Experience is never pretty and looks pretty damn bad at times. However its what has to happen to get to that place where you are the best in the league.

Now are we saying as fans that we always want our team to grow and build? No, of course not. There is no better time for it right now though. Give it 2-4 years and if the team doesnt have that continuity of being a contender then you failed. As much as I like Gruden but he failed. He could never get our team to have that continuity. Blame it on the Glazers or bad drafting but Gruden had a lot of say in how he wanted his team to look, at least from a drafting perspective. If you cant draft well, meaning get good players to grow with each other for a long time, then you will not have continuity. That is what this team is striving for right now. Of course the ultimate goal never changes but there is only one team that wins that Super Bowl like the poster above stated. It means that you have to continue to get better every year until you do win that super bowl.

Right now I dont think you have a lot of people who think we can win a super bowl next year, even the players & coaches. Even the biggest homers in Tampa will admit that they dont see us winning super bowl next year. You know why? because its unrealistic. Unrealistic goals are a waste of time, emotionally and energetically. Thats why you see a lot of fans, like me, who are looking forward to seeing this team IMPROVE. Improvement is a realistic goal. What we mean by improvement is seeing the team getting in the right direction so that someday, hopefully within the next 3 years, we are a contender. As a fan, you have to be able to have hope and to believe there is something to be excited for. If you dont have hope or believe there is something to be excited for then why be a fan at all?

The Browns have had that same philosophy for years now. So have the Lions and Rams. And these teams end up going nowhere.

And the Saints went out and got a lot of their pieces in free agency. If they stayed to a draft-only strategy. Brees would not be on that team. Shockey would not be on that team. And they would not have won the Super Bowl, that's for sure.

You cannot build a team only through the draft. Even teams that draft well only have about half their draft picks succeed in any given year. This plan by the Glazers to build a team only through the draft is going to fall flat on its face.

The Glazers have set Morris up to fail. He wont survive another bad year and there is no way he can succeed with this roster.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#40 : May 27, 2010, 02:49:14 PM

People still play the lottery even though they have about a 1 in 5 billion chance of winning the thing.  The Bucs are only 100/1 shots according to Vegas.  Thats almost a sure thing in comparison.  

Just give me some more wins and show me some improvement and I'll be excited.  I'll probably delude myself into thinking they have a shot to make the playoffs until they are mathmatically eliminated.  Just the fun of being a fan, we all know these guys have little chance of being really good.  

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#41 : May 27, 2010, 02:51:39 PM

Freeman
McCoy
Price
Talib
Benn
Williams
Stroughter
Winslow
TJack
M. Lewis
Hayes
Moore
Miller

Guys who could be
Penn
Ruud
Black
Joseph

The Browns have had that same philosophy for years now. So have the Lions and Rams. And these teams end up going nowhere.

And the Saints went out and got a lot of their pieces in free agency. If they stayed to a draft-only strategy. Brees would not be on that team. Shockey would not be on that team. And they would not have won the Super Bowl, that's for sure.

You cannot build a team only through the draft. Even teams that draft well only have about half their draft picks succeed in any given year. This plan by the Glazers to build a team only through the draft is going to fall flat on its face.

The Glazers have set Morris up to fail. He wont survive another bad year and there is no way he can succeed with this roster.

You are showing examples of some bad franchises. The problem with those teams is that they drafted poorly. Look at the Patriots, Steelers, and Colts. All great drafting teams. Used a very small amount of free agency.

The patriots won all their super bowls by drafting. The one year they go out an get a bunch of people via free agency they lost in the super bowl to the giants who were a very good drafting team. Am I saying to avoid free agency, no but you have to be a good drafting team, not a bad one aka the lions or browns.

I think once you see draft picks work out you will see more help from the Glazers because the investments will be a lot better than buying players to put on a bad team. You draft well first and then add the pieces you need to win the championship. Look at the way our very own team did it. We drafted tremendously and then added the players we needed to throw on top of those great draft picks. Its how you do it my friend.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#42 : May 27, 2010, 02:59:07 PM

What's funny is how low the expectations are being set. It's almost scary.

People are saying 5 wins and Raheem should keep his job. 5 wins? With this schedule we should have 8 wins easy!

I dont get why everyone is fine and dandy with Raheem getting 5 wins when Gruden was slaughtered for only getting 9.

When can we start expecting Raheem to win? Someone give me a year...

Find me a poster that said that. Find that guy and thats someone who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Its not about wins this year. Whether some of you like it or not, its all about developing and growing these players to get them to the next step. Raheem's job is tied directly to how well Freeman progresses this season, probably moreso than Greg Olson.

Some of you walk around and say that "supporters are in denial" when the reality is the ones who complain every single day are the ones in denial. You keep complaining about what this team looks like, you pray and pray for them to fail just so you can say "I told you so". It is sad, it really is.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#43 : May 27, 2010, 03:03:35 PM

Some of you walk around and say that "supporters are in denial" when the reality is the ones who complain every single day are the ones in denial. You keep complaining about what this team looks like, you pray and pray for them to fail just so you can say "I told you so". It is sad, it really is.

and that is what is happening. I think there are very few doubters on here who would be happy to be wrong about it. Yes, very sad indeed.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#44 : May 27, 2010, 03:06:00 PM

Only Java has the balls to admit he isnt a fan anymore and that he cheers for other teams, the rest of them start threads like "bring back Gruden when Raheem fails!!!" which is one of the dumbest suggestions I've ever heard on this board.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are any of you really excited about this comming season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools