Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Is the Concensus Among Fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1954papa

Rookie

: May 30, 2010, 06:43:16 PM

How many of you feel there will be a lockout in 2011?  Does it wipe out the entire season, or is resolution likely before that happens?

REMEMBER - Light travels faster than sound....that's why some people appear to be bright until they open their mouth and speak.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#1 : May 30, 2010, 06:45:12 PM

Personally.. not a chance in hell. I think there is a deal eventually. Theres too much money involved for both sides to have a lockout. I just cant see it happening.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 30, 2010, 06:50:14 PM

The owners are prepared to make it happen. the war chests are full to the brim.  If the players don't make big concessions there will be no 2011 season...IMO

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 30, 2010, 06:53:28 PM

It'll probably go down to the wire and effect preseason/free agency....but there is just too much money to be lost. There is no chance of a lock out disrupting the actual season. This ain't hockey. This is the NFL. It is way bigger than the NBA or MLB. It is Amercia's sport. They all want thier money and will eventually get it done.

pewterpirates

Starter
#4 : May 30, 2010, 07:34:47 PM

It'll probably go down to the wire and effect preseason/free agency....but there is just too much money to be lost. There is no chance of a lock out disrupting the actual season. This ain't hockey. This is the NFL. It is way bigger than the NBA or MLB. It is Amercia's sport. They all want thier money and will eventually get it done.
+1 couldn't agree more.

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 30, 2010, 07:47:26 PM

The owners are prepared to make it happen. the war chests are full to the brim.  If the players don't make big concessions there will be no 2011 season...IMO

The owners have the power. And they are getting ready. They're going to break the player's union, and the rookie salary structure is going to be modified, along with other changes that will benefit the owners financially, or there will be no football. And then, most of the players will break. Either way...

The players need to get an accurate picture of the situation they are in here, and come to the table with more realistic expectations.

foosballpele

Practice Squad

#6 : May 30, 2010, 09:43:27 PM

Honestly, this is the first I have heard of any lockout talks, but I would find it hard to believe that it would happen

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 30, 2010, 09:55:01 PM

Who knows.

Certainly not even the people RESPONSIBLE for the mess know...how the hell can any of us?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 30, 2010, 11:12:13 PM

All those greedy people need to realize that while they sit in thier mansions with tens of millions of dollars in the bank, we the fans are what make them. Without us they aren't crap. Right now with so many struggling just to get by, it's not a great time to make the fans suffer because the NFL, owners, and players want to fight over greed.

All I can say for certain, is that if there is any stoppage at all, even for one regular season game....I will not spend one penny on NFL merchandise for the entire year of 2011. I won't watch a single game untill 2012. I might even get a website going and try to make it a national movement. We need to send a strong message to these jerks that WE the fans hold the power and we won't put up with thier bullcrap.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#9 : May 30, 2010, 11:13:58 PM

The players are the ones who need to come down from their demands.. they have no leverage.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 30, 2010, 11:14:43 PM

Have you guys ever noticed that the richest people are often the cheapest people?

That is why they are rich.  

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#11 : May 31, 2010, 02:34:30 AM

Have you guys ever noticed that the richest people are often the cheapest people?

That is why they are rich. �

If I was a player like Ruud I would be HEATED at the union right now for not getting a new deal done and and costing me millions of dollars while rookies who havent proven a damn thing are getting bigger contracts than I will ever see.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 31, 2010, 10:40:46 AM

Who knows.

Certainly not even the people RESPONSIBLE for the mess know...how the hell can any of us?

I believe the people responsible for the current situation know exactly what is happening and why.  I also believe the Ownership group is far better prepared for the conflict - and that they intend to win - regardless of the impact on the season.  The only thing the owners don't know is if the union will fold, or if the government will intervene (they shouldn't beyond the courts - but who knows).

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JM2

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 31, 2010, 11:09:19 AM

I doubt this gets resolved until the 12th hour. I remember seeing an interview with Jerry Jones after the last CBA contract talks which were resolved on the last day IIRC, and he said that in business negotiations there is no point in resolving things early, it is always best to wait until the very last if you are the group with the leverage, and the owners see themselves as having the leverage.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 31, 2010, 11:55:56 AM

Think once the union get off their ridiculous demand for the owners to open their books, things will move along.

IMO, the union has zero leverage.

Also think it will come at the last minute-sometime in March.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Is the Concensus Among Fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools