Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Israel attacks Gaza-bound aid flotilla in international waters; 70+ kill/injured « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 31, 2010, 04:33:56 PM

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=126433&sectionid=3510203
Obama to fund Israel's missile system

US President Barack Obama wants Congress to pay Israel more than $200 million to fund a new missile system, the White House spokesman says.

Obama has asked Congress to approve the aid so that Israel could deploy a controversial missile system called the "Iron Dome."

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 31, 2010, 04:58:47 PM

Many forget about the U.S.S. Liberty too.
Don't forget about the Lavon Affair and also the Jonathan Pollard spy case.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 31, 2010, 07:36:15 PM

One of these days, that entire region is just going to sh**!
One of these days?

I think today is the day man.  It has been like that for as long as you have been alive.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 31, 2010, 06:40:32 PM

If people watch the video rather than dipping into their anti-semitic rants

Wow! I guess I missed the anti-semetic ranting. I'm having a hard time finding it, would someone please help me out? Would you mind defining antisemitism for me Dalbuc. Do you think being anti-semetic means that you disagree with Israel's policy making?

RonDiazlol

Starter

#19 : May 31, 2010, 06:53:06 PM

Here is the original boarding:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d3b_1275323514

Edit n/m this is included in the YT video.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 31, 2010, 07:02:07 PM

If people watch the video rather than dipping into their anti-semitic rants they'd see that the Israelis were attacked as soon as they set foot on the boats. Oh well I've lost so much respect for people that I can't lose much more.

The blame can go both ways, I believe boarding a vessel in International waters is called piracy. Aren't blockades considered illegal/inhumane too?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 31, 2010, 07:03:23 PM

If people watch the video rather than dipping into their anti-semitic rants

Wow! I guess I missed the anti-semetic ranting. I'm having a hard time finding it, would someone please help me out? Would you mind defining antisemitism for me Dalbuc. Do you think being anti-semetic means that you disagree with Israel's policy making?

Apparently, if anyone criticizes or disagrees with the Israeli Government and their heavy-handed militarism, they are "anti-semetic". If you condemn a government that repeatedly has shown a "shoot first" diplomatic philosophy and is known as one of the most racist regimes in the world, you therefore "hate" all people of a certain religious or ethnic background even though you have made no such indications.

See, if you don't like North Korea, that doesn't mean you hate all Koreans or if you disapprove of something Austria does that doesn't mean you hate all Germans, but if you criticize Israel you are automatically anti-semetic.

Or maybe the anti-semetic label is the only (ad hominem) argument Israel's supporters have to justify that countries actions.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 31, 2010, 08:42:03 PM

If you missed it then you don't read very hard when you see all the "zionist" this that and the other nonsense up above.

In the end, there's two sides in this conflict. Israel and Hamas. Hamas are know Islamic nutjobs who want a totalitarian state - this is basically the people who love Iran. Then there's Israel who is really the only functioning democracy in the region. Seriously, there's only one reason people are as worked up about Israel given the relative merits of the two sides and anti-Semitism is at the root of most of it. Deny it, lie about it, do whatever makes you feel better but if you hate Israel then by your measure we are 100x worse than they are so start rolling out the horrible comments about the USA.

So if someone disagrees with how Israel handled this particular instance, does that make them an anti-semite? Just from that incident alone.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 31, 2010, 08:15:51 PM

If you missed it then you don't read very hard when you see all the "zionist" this that and the other nonsense up above.

In the end, there's two sides in this conflict. Israel and Hamas. Hamas are know Islamic nutjobs who want a totalitarian state - this is basically the people who love Iran. Then there's Israel who is really the only functioning democracy in the region. Seriously, there's only one reason people are as worked up about Israel given the relative merits of the two sides and anti-Semitism is at the root of most of it. Deny it, lie about it, do whatever makes you feel better but if you hate Israel then by your measure we are 100x worse than they are so start rolling out the horrible comments about the USA.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 31, 2010, 08:29:06 PM

dal, you are in Buenos Aires?    I recommend Cattos there.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 31, 2010, 08:39:24 PM

dal, you are in Buenos Aires?    I recommend Cattos there.

Not currently although I'll be back shortly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 31, 2010, 08:45:04 PM

The blockade is wrong.  Boarding in international waters was wrong.  The soldiers had no alternative but to use deadly force.  endof. 

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 31, 2010, 08:50:09 PM

The blockade is wrong.  Boarding in international waters was wrong.  The soldiers had no alternative but to use deadly force.  endof. 

Sums it up pretty well.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 31, 2010, 08:54:41 PM

So if someone disagrees with how Israel handled this particular instance, does that make them an anti-semite? Just from that incident alone.

No, why they didn't just wait until the vessel forced Israeli waters is tone deaf to the PR ends that this whole thing was built to do.

Still, when you see the sort of talk about Jewish cabals running/manipulating our government like you get and view the grossly differential response to this vs say when we shot down an Iranian passenger jet you start to see that there's a pattern that isn't about "good government".

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 31, 2010, 08:55:32 PM

Why is the blockade wrong? We ran a blockade of Saddam for years because his government was awful and nasty and there's no sane person gonna argue that Hamas is anything less than as nasty.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Israel attacks Gaza-bound aid flotilla in international waters; 70+ kill/injured « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools