Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden - In Their Own Words « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: June 02, 2010, 09:56:25 PM

Too bad the people he surrounded himself with refused to change, and were terrible in the draft. I think he will learn to change...

Huh?

So which is it? The people around him that need to change, or he needs to change?
It is not that hard to figure out really.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 02, 2010, 10:34:51 PM

Too bad the people he surrounded himself with refused to change, and were terrible in the draft. I think he will learn to change...
Huh?

So which is it? The people around him that need to change, or he needs to change?
It is not that hard to figure out really.
For some it is hard to figure out.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#2 : May 31, 2010, 12:08:38 PM

Not trying to steal your thunder shivver, just didn't see it posted yet and thought people would enjoy.

Watch Warren go through the dummies in the first one. Looks a lot stronger and faster than when McCoy goes through.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/137370/in-their-own-words-jon-gruden-part-1#s-p11-so-i0

http://www.hulu.com/watch/137390/in-their-own-words-jon-gruden-part-2#x-4,vepisode,1,0

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 31, 2010, 01:57:36 PM

Part 2 he was giving Chris Simms all kinds of crap. I wonder if that was early on in Chris' career or if that was pretty much how it was the entire time he was here?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 31, 2010, 03:49:26 PM

How do you get it to work?  I get the commersh, and then nothing plays...and I have an account...

JC510

Practice Squad

#5 : May 31, 2010, 03:54:45 PM

Part 2 he was giving Chris Simms all kinds of crap. I wonder if that was early on in Chris' career or if that was pretty much how it was the entire time he was here?

When Chris missed some stupid 3 yard checkdown it was the end of the world but when Griese was throwing game changing picks all over the place he would say this...

"He warrants being a starting quarterback in this league, period,"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#6 : May 31, 2010, 04:23:11 PM

When Chris missed some stupid 3 yard checkdown it was the end of the world but when Griese was throwing game changing picks all over the place he would say this...

"He warrants being a starting quarterback in this league, period,"

That's because Gruden thinks he knows good QB's... He may have at one point... but that was many many many years ago.

donny77

Starter

#7 : May 31, 2010, 05:51:45 PM

He also said coaches ride the talented player more because they want them to be great. Maybe he was admitting he knew what Griese was. I think he thought Chris could be special, he also did not like what was between the ears though. He rattled off names of guys who picked up his verbage in one season in between shots of Chris not getting it. Chris also didn't seem to have command of the huddle at all.

Smoke

Practice Squad

#8 : May 31, 2010, 07:53:17 PM

Love ya Bro

Seriously though, do you think Raheem works our boys this hard?

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#9 : May 31, 2010, 08:07:00 PM

And we gave up Gruden for Radio?  God help the Buccaneers.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 31, 2010, 08:13:58 PM

Love ya Bro

Seriously though, do you think Raheem works our boys this hard?

What good does it do to ride them that hard if they are all petered out in December when the big games are on the line?

Smoke

Practice Squad

#11 : May 31, 2010, 08:22:06 PM

"We Salute you Jon Gruden, best coach in the National Football League"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : May 31, 2010, 08:25:56 PM

Haha you and Mean D are both clueless.... Gruden was barely top 20 in the league at the end of the 2008 season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 31, 2010, 08:29:49 PM

Agreed.   None better.

Smoke

Practice Squad

#14 : May 31, 2010, 08:42:58 PM

Haha you and Mean D are both clueless.... Gruden was barely top 20 in the league at the end of the 2008 season.
What changed Paul?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden - In Their Own Words « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools