Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden - In Their Own Words « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

LifeLongBucsFan

Second String

#15 : May 31, 2010, 08:47:32 PM

Radio is an idiot.  Best we do is 3-13 again this year.  Let's hurry up and get it over with so Radio can get canned and we can get a real coach and staff in here.  Counting the days. . .

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 31, 2010, 08:53:22 PM

Radio is an idiot.  Best we do is 3-13 again this year.  Let's hurry up and get it over with so Radio can get canned and we can get a real coach and staff in here.  Counting the days. . .

Good post.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 01, 2010, 12:35:27 AM

You all do a great job of representing the Gruden fan base.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

pewterpirates

Starter
#18 : June 01, 2010, 03:30:44 AM

"We Salute you Jon Gruden, best coach  THATS NOT in the National Football League"
Fixed it for ya ;)

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : June 01, 2010, 01:39:27 PM

It didnt change overnight. He was never the best coach in the league.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 01, 2010, 03:29:00 PM

I think his time away from the game is going to make him a much much better coach.

And he was already a helluva a coach...just listening to the guy talk, you KNOW he loves the game, and more importnatly, UNDERSTANDS IT INTIMATELY.

Too bad the people he surrounded himself with refused to change, and were terrible in the draft.  I think he will learn to change...

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 01, 2010, 04:07:25 PM

I think his time away from the game is going to make him a much much better coach.

And he was already a helluva a coach...just listening to the guy talk, you KNOW he loves the game, and more importnatly, UNDERSTANDS IT INTIMATELY.

Too bad the people he surrounded himself with refused to change, and were terrible in the draft.  I think he will learn to change...
I think your right

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 01, 2010, 09:20:50 PM

I think you're right -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 01, 2010, 09:48:50 PM

He was already the best coach in the NFL.  But I agree that his time off will make him even better.

bucsfan76

Practice Squad
#24 : June 02, 2010, 01:45:58 PM

"We Salute you Jon Gruden, best coach in the National Football League"

Haha you and Mean D are both clueless.... Gruden was barely top 20 in the league at the end of the 2008 season.

Gruden also had the Lowest payroll in the league to work with By Far not only in 08, but in the 5 years prier..

The proof is in the pudding; Gruden was the Best coach in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and he has the ring to prove it.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : June 02, 2010, 08:22:16 PM

"We Salute you Jon Gruden, best coach in the National Football League"

Haha you and Mean D are both clueless.... Gruden was barely top 20 in the league at the end of the 2008 season.

Gruden also had the Lowest payroll in the league to work with By Far not only in 08, but in the 5 years prier..

The proof is in the pudding; Gruden was the Best coach in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and he has the ring to prove it.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 02, 2010, 08:28:22 PM

Huh?

So which is it? The people around him that need to change, or he needs to change?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 02, 2010, 11:57:08 PM

Too bad the people he surrounded himself with refused to change, and were terrible in the draft. I think he will learn to change...
Huh?

So which is it? The people around him that need to change, or he needs to change?
It is not that hard to figure out really.
For some it is hard to figure out.
Apparently it is.

So....uhhh....how ya been Dave?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#28 : June 03, 2010, 12:48:06 AM

Gruden was a great coach but I dont think he was the best in the league. Ill give him credit because he didnt have much to work with in terms of talent but he got people to play. Reasons why I dont think he was the best in the league was because his offense really had some limitation on it. Like if he didnt have the right players then his system sucked. His players had to fit his offense perfectly. Even our super bowl year he didnt have the greatest guys working it. There were times where you were like "oh ok, I see how his offense should look." I really liked his style and his love for the game. Wasnt many coaches who were more exciting to watch a micd up feature of.

With all that said, I hope Raheem becomes a coach that "fans" grow to love. Even Java, even though I think his ego would never allow him to do that. Hes not the only one who has to be right. I just hope he is the guy so we dont have to go through another coaching search. Plus I want to win. If he sux then I hope he does get fired, only because he deserves it. Last year was a tough year. I think even with Gruden coaching that team we still wouldnt have been a good team. I think we would have won maybe 3-4 more games with Gruden coaching our same players we had last year. Only because he had the experience that Raheem lacks. I think Raheem will learn alot from his mistakes last year and I think he will continue to make mistakes because you dont get it all down the second year of HC when your that young. Gruden was a young HC but he had tons of experience leading up to it. Raheem just had a little bit of experience before leading up to it.

I think if the team starts to come together this year then all the "heemy" haters should let go of Gruden. I mean how could you not cheer for the young guy then if he succeeds. Or do you have to stick to your ego and still be right? I think it makes you more of a man and fan if you can admit you were wrong and move on. Some just have a tough time in doing that.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 03, 2010, 12:52:47 AM

Or do you have to stick to your ego and still be right? I think it makes you more of a man and fan if you can admit you were wrong and move on. Some just have a tough time in doing that.

Maybe you forget.  I hated Chris Simms when he was first named starting QB for the Bucs.   He proved me wrong by playing very well at the end of 2005.   That changed my opinion of the guy and I admitted I was wrong about him at first.   
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden - In Their Own Words « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools