Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy / Price « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1954papa

Rookie

: June 01, 2010, 09:42:16 PM

Is this freshly drafted duo the sequel to Sapp / Culpepper when the middle of our d-line was dominant?

REMEMBER - Light travels faster than sound....that's why some people appear to be bright until they open their mouth and speak.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 01, 2010, 09:50:37 PM

Hopefully.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#2 : June 01, 2010, 10:14:06 PM

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 01, 2010, 11:23:45 PM

I predict Price to be better than McCoy. All I went off of was video but I thought Price was the best DT behind Suh

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 01, 2010, 11:49:09 PM

I think they'll be the first and last McCoy/Price duo.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 02, 2010, 01:33:38 AM

Man I love me some Suh...h eis going to be a monster for that defense...with all the guys they added to that line, the Lions might be legit this year.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : June 02, 2010, 02:14:02 PM

Price is underrated, if he was the only DT we drafted he would be getting alot more attention and praise. This defense is perfectly suited to his ability, he is strictly a 4-3 UT but he is a disruptive force.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 02, 2010, 03:38:38 PM

Even if we can get the production out of Price that we got out of Booger at nose tackle, I will be pleased. Booger didn't start to stink it up until Sapp was gone and he was moved to UT.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 02, 2010, 03:39:54 PM

Man I love me some Suh...h eis going to be a monster for that defense...with all the guys they added to that line, the Lions might be legit this year.

???

Lions message board this is not.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

obuc

Starter

#9 : June 02, 2010, 03:54:37 PM

Neither will be a Sapp. sapp was close to 300 and i think ran a 4.6 if i am not mistaken. Quick too  of course. But both should be better than Mcfarlin/Culpepper, who i think played above their heads.

I think I have said it before but if Price is allowed to play the 3 enough, I think he will prove out to be better than mcCoy.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 02, 2010, 03:56:16 PM

Neither will be a Sapp. sapp was close to 300 and i think ran a 4.6 if i am not mistaken. Quick too  of course. But both should be better than Mcfarlin/Culpepper, who i think played above their heads.

I think I have said it before but if Price is allowed to play the 3 enough, I think he will prove out to be better than mcCoy.

McFarlin didn't play above his head. Quite the opposite. He was just lazy and seldom played up to his potential.

joshie poo freeman

Practice Squad

#11 : June 02, 2010, 03:58:36 PM

I just hope they dont play like Dorsey or Ellis, neither really had an impact their rookie years.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 02, 2010, 04:16:22 PM

I predict Price to be better than McCoy. All I went off of was video but I thought Price was the best DT behind Suh

What I saw in his vids, was a guy that ALWAYS seems to have a forward push. Looked a bit undersized, but used it to his advantage. He may not always get the QB, but he should be a constant disruption. If he can do the same at the NFL level, teams will want to stop him from pushing in, allowing McCoy to do his thing.

I think a time will come that we may all argue the question "Who is better than the other?" (after the season) or "Who really is the backbone?" Because both of them (in most cases) are first round talent.

But I do predict that McCoy will get the win on the sack stat. Among these two, that's all I can be sure of at this point. Price will help with that a great deal though imo.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#13 : June 02, 2010, 07:02:08 PM

Im excited for these two. Dont know if they will be the next Sapp/Culpepper but I hope they turn out to be something fans are proud of. Hope they are the strength of our team for years.

obuc

Starter

#14 : June 03, 2010, 09:39:11 AM

Neither will be a Sapp. sapp was close to 300 and i think ran a 4.6 if i am not mistaken. Quick too of course. But both should be better than Mcfarlin/Culpepper, who i think played above their heads.

McFarlin didn't play above his head. Quite the opposite. He was just lazy and seldom played up to his potential.

I have to disagree with that. He was a bull in college but just didnt get better. that was his ceiling. He was just one in a long list of DT's on all teams that wasn't well scouted. If you have Sapp at your side and you can't take advantage of that then your more than lazy. You just lack moves and football intellect.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy / Price « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools