Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy / Price « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 26, 2010, 06:45:16 PM

I predict Price to be better than McCoy. All I went off of was video but I thought Price was the best DT behind Suh

What I saw in his vids, was a guy that ALWAYS seems to have a forward push. Looked a bit undersized, but used it to his advantage. He may not always get the QB, but he should be a constant disruption. If he can do the same at the NFL level, teams will want to stop him from pushing in, allowing McCoy to do his thing.

I think a time will come that we may all argue the question "Who is better than the other?" (after the season) or "Who really is the backbone?" Because both of them (in most cases) are first round talent.

But I do predict that McCoy will get the win on the sack stat. Among these two, that's all I can be sure of at this point. Price will help with that a great deal though imo.

Perfect way to describe Price.. he is constantly disruptive. He struggles changing direction but he is very strong and there were alot of games at UCLA where he was just unblockable.

From what you know and have seen, can these two be interchanged on different downs?

I think they definitely could, but I would like another perspective.

Something that makes me really excited is that McCoy, Price, and Miller can play on every single down and can play both NT or UT. I'm just as excited to see Miller play with Price as I am to see McCoy with Miller or McCoy with Price. Miller at NT and Price at UT is going to give interior lineman fits.

I think so too, but wouldn't discount McCoy one bit (he's nearly a perfect fit for a T2).

Another question I had was, would they consider MLB blitzes if Price and Miller are in? As disruptive as they could be in the middle, sneaking in a MLB blitz occasionally might prove quite beneficial.

(Which BTW is Price's absolute specialty. His TFL is stupid for a PASSING conference.

Price plays large, no questioning that. The guy is a flatout bulldozer. Watch his clips if no one believes me.

I figured Hayes could play the blitz up the middle very rarely. In combo with Ronde, Quincy, Miller, McCoy, and Price, I think this defense becomes a very quick-strike defense up the middle. Ruud is pretty quick for his size, so it's still possible Rah tries blitzing with him anyway. We'll have to wait and see about that, but Imvho, we're already a bit better for getting Hovan out of there regardless.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 26, 2010, 08:31:55 PM

I predict Price to be better than McCoy. All I went off of was video but I thought Price was the best DT behind Suh

What I saw in his vids, was a guy that ALWAYS seems to have a forward push. Looked a bit undersized, but used it to his advantage. He may not always get the QB, but he should be a constant disruption. If he can do the same at the NFL level, teams will want to stop him from pushing in, allowing McCoy to do his thing.

I think a time will come that we may all argue the question "Who is better than the other?" (after the season) or "Who really is the backbone?" Because both of them (in most cases) are first round talent.

But I do predict that McCoy will get the win on the sack stat. Among these two, that's all I can be sure of at this point. Price will help with that a great deal though imo.

Perfect way to describe Price.. he is constantly disruptive. He struggles changing direction but he is very strong and there were alot of games at UCLA where he was just unblockable.

From what you know and have seen, can these two be interchanged on different downs?

I think they definitely could, but I would like another perspective.

Something that makes me really excited is that McCoy, Price, and Miller can play on every single down and can play both NT or UT. I'm just as excited to see Miller play with Price as I am to see McCoy with Miller or McCoy with Price. Miller at NT and Price at UT is going to give interior lineman fits.

I think so too, but wouldn't discount McCoy one bit (he's nearly a perfect fit for a T2).

Another question I had was, would they consider MLB blitzes if Price and Miller are in? As disruptive as they could be in the middle, sneaking in a MLB blitz occasionally might prove quite beneficial.

(Which BTW is Price's absolute specialty. His TFL is stupid for a PASSING conference.

Price plays large, no questioning that. The guy is a flatout bulldozer. Watch his clips if no one believes me.

I figured Hayes could play the blitz up the middle very rarely. In combo with Ronde, Quincy, Miller, McCoy, and Price, I think this defense becomes a very quick-strike defense up the middle. Ruud is pretty quick for his size, so it's still possible Rah tries blitzing with him anyway. We'll have to wait and see about that, but Imvho, we're already a bit better for getting Hovan out of there regardless.

i love prices youtube clips i have watched.  guy just has it

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy / Price « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools