Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting Offense and Defense « previous next »
Page: 1

wyla86

Second String

: June 02, 2010, 08:44:41 PM

Whos starting whos not?

Offense

M. Williams                         Trueblood  Joseph  Faine  Zuttah  Penn   Winslow                                          A.Benn

Freeman

Graham

Caddy

Defense

Talib                            K.Moore       Miller    G.Mccoy     Stylez                          Barber

Hayes                    Ruud                      Black

Sabby                               TJ

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 02, 2010, 09:02:52 PM

Jones > Sabby

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 02, 2010, 09:13:23 PM

Jones > Sabby
Same. I agree with everything wyla86, except I think that Jones wins the SS job.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 02, 2010, 09:14:28 PM

We could always replace Trueblood with Clayton

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : June 02, 2010, 09:18:49 PM

Williams                               Penn Zuttah Faine Joseph Trueblood       Winslow          Brown              
 Â                                                           
 Â                                                               Freeman
 Â         
 Â                                                                Graham
 Â   
 Â                                                                Caddy

Talib                                    Moore McCoy Price White                                            Barber
 Â                                     
 Â                                        Black   Ruud   Hayes

Â                                        Jones        Tjack

lowlife

Starter
#5 : June 02, 2010, 09:30:19 PM

I expect a marked improvement.
If Jones is just handed the job, I'd be disappointed.
He was below average as an Eagle.

wyla86

Second String

#6 : June 02, 2010, 09:32:30 PM

Looking at the possible starters the team looks better. How well they do depends on how well Freeman improves and how good the D-line improves.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 03, 2010, 08:23:53 AM

61 tackles and 2 INTs in 9 starts. not sure thats below average.

how is Jones going to be handed the job? Jones and Sabby are already splitting 1st team reps. thats about as competitive as you can get.

its also not like Sabby has done anything to make anyone think he can beat out Jones in the first place.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 03, 2010, 09:56:30 AM

I think you'll end up seeing a rotation of Sabby and Jones at least through the first 4-6 games. Same with the WR's, I suspect we'll see a lot of Stovall and Brown in addition to Williams and Benn.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

lowlife

Starter
#9 : June 03, 2010, 11:02:17 AM

how is Jones going to be handed the job? Jones and Sabby are already splitting 1st team reps. thats about as competitive as you can get.

its also not like Sabby has done anything to make anyone think he can beat out Jones in the first place.

Handed as in how some people are just expecting him to start no matter what.
Like I said, I expect a marked improvement from Piscatelli.

Stats are hardly an indicator of play.
I have friends who are Eagle fans who hated the guy for missing assignments and and whiffing on tackles and others who don't even remember the guy after I mentioned the Bucs signed him.
It took him 7 games to beat out Macho **CENSORED**ing Harris for a starting job.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 03, 2010, 11:27:53 AM

Jones was playing out of position in Philly. He's too big to be a FS.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#11 : June 03, 2010, 11:30:06 AM

I think Sabby, Jackson and Jones will all split starter reps depending on the defense called and down and distance.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 03, 2010, 02:37:16 PM

Handed as in how some people are just expecting him to start no matter what.
Like I said, I expect a marked improvement from Piscatelli.

Stats are hardly an indicator of play.
I have friends who are Eagle fans who hated the guy for missing assignments and and whiffing on
tackles and others who don't even remember the guy after I mentioned the Bucs signed him.
It took him 7 games to beat out Macho freaking Harris for a starting job.

well the fans dont decide who starts so they can't hand him the job. He was playing out of position and has been known to miss a tackle here and there. He's also a big hitter. Sabby has been know to miss a lot of tackles, not a big hitter, and get toasted on a regular basis. I hope he improves, but he didn't progress at all during the season so I don't expect him progress much more in the offseason. Jones by stats and film outplayed Sabby last year, that's why many are penciling him in as the starter. Even then the bucs use a rotation and whoever is the backup will get at the dry least decent playing time.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Island Buc

Rookie
#13 : June 03, 2010, 11:30:44 PM

Crowell seems like a surer tackler than Black.  If his arm and his knee are indeed healed, he could move Black out of the starting SAM position.  What do you fellows think???
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting Offense and Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools