Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pac-16 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: June 03, 2010, 07:27:37 PM

Rumor is they will offer Texas, Texas Tech, A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State this week to join the conference. Power shift big time. But its probably just another rumor like the rest of them

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#1 : June 03, 2010, 07:40:19 PM

Where did you hear this?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 03, 2010, 07:48:11 PM

Where did you hear this?

all over the internet

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 03, 2010, 07:49:30 PM

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

if Mizzou and others bail I think there is a decent chance.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 03, 2010, 09:42:59 PM

WOW so USC and Oregon will be finishing what 5th or 6th yearly as Texas and Oklahoma would be the class of the conference.  USC will find out soon that Kiffen swallows and sorry but Oregon had a nice run but they will fall back soon.  I doubt Oregon will be able to keep pace with Oklahoma State and maybe even Texas A&M.  Also better watch out for Washington as Sarkisian looks like he can build a winner there.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 03, 2010, 10:41:45 PM

WOW so USC and Oregon will be finishing what 5th or 6th yearly as Texas and Oklahoma would be the class of the conference.  USC will find out soon that Kiffen swallows and sorry but Oregon had a nice run but they will fall back soon.  I doubt Oregon will be able to keep pace with Oklahoma State and maybe even Texas A&M.  Also better watch out for Washington as Sarkisian looks like he can build a winner there.

yeah because Oregon of the worlds recruiting wont go up with them being on TV every week. Texas/Oklahoma could be the class of the conference. Oregon will fade back soon? Really? Last I checked recruiting keeps going up, the facilities keep getting nicer, and the coaches are better then they have ever been before. Yeah Oregon cant keep pace with Oklahoma State... see 2 years ago. Better watch for Washington... they cant even get money raised to fix that ghetto stadium, they havent had a winning season with the best QB (in some opinions) in the country, and they out recruit 70% of schools. Since limits of athletes took place, and rules were sorta enforced UW has been nothing.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 03, 2010, 10:51:40 PM

If this came true they could have control of 60% of viewers in the USA. Have the largest TV markets.

How many projected it would go...
Arizona
ASU
Colorado
AM
Tech
Texas
OU
OKie State

Division 2
USC
UCLA
Oregon
Oregon State
Cal
Stanford
Wazzu
Washington

Ive also heard its a matter of time Boise State joins the MWC.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#7 : June 04, 2010, 08:14:00 AM

In Columbus, there is an email of where Gee had contact with UT and they stated they have a "Tech" problem.  While AM and UT have the Academic Association the B10 desires, Tech does not - hence the issue.  The Texas State legislature would most likely want all three programs to "stay together".  There might be something to this story - assuming the P10 gets their own network soon. 

Regardless, the rumor mill is working overtime which is fun for us CFB fans who have nothing to do until early August.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 04, 2010, 08:19:37 PM

In Columbus, there is an email of where Gee had contact with UT and they stated they have a "Tech" problem.  While AM and UT have the Academic Association the B10 desires, Tech does not - hence the issue.  The Texas State legislature would most likely want all three programs to "stay together".  There might be something to this story - assuming the P10 gets their own network soon. 

Regardless, the rumor mill is working overtime which is fun for us CFB fans who have nothing to do until early August.

yeah Tech is a joke.

I think it has legs because of the TV deals they both currently have and what they could have. they would instantly cover 60% of the country. And a buddy of mine went to a function in Portland where Scott the pac-10 commish spoke. The pac #1 goal is a new TV deal, and then they would look into expanding. 6 teams from the big 12 idk, but I could see a few join.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#9 : June 04, 2010, 09:00:40 PM

I read the same article, but remember that A&M and OU are also mentioned as SEC candidates to create a 14 school SEC, imagine if Bama and Auburn got bumped to the SEC East, a top 25 school could finish 5th in that division.....   

BTW: I know a few Mizzou fans, they are not happy about this at all........

Kansas fans must be gripping, Mountain West or CUSA would be their options with K-State, Baylor and Iowa State.....   

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 04, 2010, 09:58:37 PM

I read the same article, but remember that A&M and OU are also mentioned as SEC candidates to create a 14 school SEC, imagine if Bama and Auburn got bumped to the SEC East, a top 25 school could finish 5th in that division.....   

Kansas fans must be gripping, Mountain West or CUSA would be their options with K-State, Baylor and Iowa State.....   

what Ive read its pretty safe to say the Big 12 is over... thanks to Mizzou and KU

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#11 : June 04, 2010, 10:24:35 PM

what Ive read its pretty safe to say the Big 12 is over... thanks to Mizzou and KU
KU?  I think you mean the Cornhuskers?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 04, 2010, 10:38:00 PM

KU?  I think you mean the Cornhuskers?

haha yes.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 05, 2010, 01:18:19 PM

I was thinking Texas or A&M, who used to have a rivalry with Arkansas. If the SEC re-orgs, I think you'll see Vandy gone (they would be a good fit for the Big Ten academically and geographically). I also think they want to somehow bring in Ga. Tech.

I would think, since the SEC has 2 major network deals (CBS, ESPN/ABC) and a minor network, that they could outbid any conference for whoever they wanted if $$$ was the primary concern.

An SEC with Texas, OU, UTAM, and Ga. Tech (and sans Vandy) would be outrageous.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#14 : June 05, 2010, 04:04:30 PM

I'm shocked that nobody wants Kansas. They have a monster basketball program and an emerging football program, those are the 2 major cash cows.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pac-16 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools