Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pac-16 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 08, 2010, 06:04:18 PM

When Texas, Oklahoma, and USC dominate this conference every single year are you still going to putting Oregon in the same breath? Come on man. 2nd rate program compared to those, this is horrible for Oregon. Ducks are better off capitalizing on SC's down years.

look where Oregon ranks the last 10 years overall.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 08, 2010, 07:10:33 PM

Colorado I guess is suppose to have a PC tomm, and people think its to announce they are going to the pac-10

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#32 : June 08, 2010, 08:05:18 PM

When Texas, Oklahoma, and USC dominate this conference every single year are you still going to putting Oregon in the same breath? Come on man. 2nd rate program compared to those, this is horrible for Oregon. Ducks are better off capitalizing on SC's down years.

We'll see how they are 10 years from now. Still behind USC, Texas, and Oklahoma.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 09, 2010, 12:44:26 AM

We'll see how they are 10 years from now. Still behind USC, Texas, and Oklahoma.

we'll see.

lowlife

Starter
#34 : June 10, 2010, 02:12:56 PM

USC, Texas, and Oklahoma will dominate recruiting like they always do.

Oregon is a very good program who also recruits very well and are still the favorites to win the PAC-10 next season even without the USC's sanctions.

The PAC will be the deepest conference in the nation once it comes together.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#35 : June 10, 2010, 02:19:41 PM

I'm interested in seeing if recruits are turned off by the 2 year ban.. I dont anticipate it being a problem as they are going to be here for 4 years, but it is interesting nonetheless.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 10, 2010, 06:01:58 PM

USC, Texas, and Oklahoma will dominate recruiting like they always do.

Oregon is a very good program who also recruits very well and are still the favorites to win the PAC-10 next season even without the USC's sanctions.

The PAC will be the deepest conference in the nation once it comes together.

agree with this. Oregon will never consistantly recruit with the Texas etc of the world, but with Kelly they have definately improved recruiting.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#37 : June 12, 2010, 03:08:18 PM

Seems like some Utah people think that A&M isn SEC bound and that the Utes will take their spot in the PAC 16.  However, who does the SEC invite with A&M: the Sooners?  Justin Pawlowski had some cat on his WDAE show saying that the SEC will go 16 with A&M/OU in the west and UNC/Duke in the east....  Interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/404948-why-utah-to-the-pac-10-is-a-done-deal

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 13, 2010, 01:23:52 AM

"A&M/OU in the west and UNC/Duke in the east"

man, thats a little skewed. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 13, 2010, 01:27:48 AM

Seems like some Utah people think that A&M isn SEC bound and that the Utes will take their spot in the PAC 16.  However, who does the SEC invite with A&M: the Sooners?  Justin Pawlowski had some cat on his WDAE show saying that the SEC will go 16 with A&M/OU in the west and UNC/Duke in the east....  Interesting.

and bleacher report said Texas is demanding if they join the pac-10 that they dont play Oregon or Oregon state more then once every 7 or 8 years. OU will be in the pac-10, the commish is meeting up with them

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 13, 2010, 10:59:47 AM

IF the SEC expands and if they grab 2 ACC teams, it will be 2 of FSU, Ga.Tech. Clemson. Those 3 already have yearly games vs SEC opponents and they bring more TV market and money wise to the table. NC might have some appeal, with the Charlotte TV market, but Duke really brings nothing but BBall and one UF/FSU game brings in as much $$$ as a season of Duke BBall. The way the NCAA tourney slices up the $$, Tourney appearances (even final 4) are a drop in the bucket compared to a major bowl game.

The more I think about it, if the SEC expands and if FSU wants in, they are in. FSU has a huge TV following and a large fan base and they already play 1 and often 2 SEC teams every year anyway and FSU/UGa, FSU/Bama, and FSU/Auburn would quickly become big rivalries.

matt

Starter

#41 : June 13, 2010, 11:18:48 AM

Texas makes the most sense in the SEC.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 13, 2010, 10:02:16 PM

and Texas will never join the SEC.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 13, 2010, 11:13:40 PM

and Texas will never join the SEC.

Never??

Texas wants their own network and PAC rules forbid such, but the SEC encourages team networks. Plus the SEC has 2, yes 2, major network contracts (CBS and ABC/ESPN). Plus Texas used to have a decent rivalry with Arkansas that would be renewed. And LSU, Ark, both Ms's, are much closer than any PAC X school (it's not about how far the team travels, but how far those rich alumni in their $100k+ tricked out Orange and white RVs have to travel and most of them live in East Texas) Plus Texas's biggest rival, OK, can be easily swayed to the SEC too.

The PAC may beat the SEC in Academics and some other areas, but when the check books come out, it's more like Dan Snyder vs the Glazers.

Everyone thinks the SEC is a powerhouse "football" conference. They're not. They are a powerhouse money conference that realizes football=money.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 14, 2010, 10:14:51 AM

I go away for a week and CFB goes nuts.

Being attached to the PAC-10 doesn't excite me as a football fan. Bad west coast football coupled with a crippled USC, wow. I get that from a TV $$$$ standpoint controlling TX and CA will give the conference leverage on a deal and obviously this is about money.

I've read the PAC-16 or whatever it'll be won't even have a conference title game, which stinks, and even if it does where will they hold it? The Texas schools won't go for a CA host and the CA won't go for the Death Star here.

I don't get why the Big-12 doesn't replace Colorado with Utah - Utah is a much better football school than Colorado and have done so w/o the BCS $$$$ and then frankly you could replace UN with darn near anyone since since whole population of Nebraska is fairly small.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pac-16 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools