Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Coaches Poll Out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
: October 25, 2007, 07:08:32 AM

Let us know where you'll be.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2007, 10:17:36 PM

I don't like to waste time repeating myself over and over again.

Seriously, I just shot Zephyrhills Spring Water through my nose on that one ...

#2 : October 24, 2007, 10:20:10 PM

I don't like to waste time repeating myself over and over again.

Seriously, I just shot Zephyrhills Spring Water through my nose on that one ...

Good, now clean it up and move on.

Or you can keep following me around with your little mob, doesn't matter to me. 

Just so you and your buddy Olaf know, I'll be taking a couple weeks off fairly soon.  So if I come back and it just so happens USF has just lost, it's merely a coincidence.  Just wanted to get that out there ahead of time so you don't make another asinine assumption.

#3 : October 24, 2007, 10:05:14 PM

I applaud your ability to make statements without using profanity this time, but your arguments still leave something to be desired......

Keep trying.

Seeing that you didn't even try to rebut any of those arguments shows that I;m on the right track ..... You NEVER miss an opportunity to try and impress with your football "knowledge" so, obviously, you came up empty this time.

I had already made my points, no reason to keep going around in circles.  I don't need to try and pad my post counts because I don't care.  Rather than  sit there and keep debating something we have both said our peace on, I'd rather applaud your ability to at least make your point without use of profanity and move on.  Really, everything you said in that post I have already addressed.  I don't like to waste time repeating myself over and over again.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2007, 06:36:30 PM

USF beat WVa.  They have the SAME record.  Why is WVa ahead of USF?

College football's system is TRASH.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2007, 11:01:57 PM

I applaud your ability to make statements without using profanity this time, but your arguments still leave something to be desired......

Keep trying.

Seeing that you didn't even try to rebut any of those arguments shows that I;m on the right track ..... You NEVER miss an opportunity to try and impress with your football "knowledge" so, obviously, you came up empty this time.

#6 : October 23, 2007, 08:19:23 PM

I must say, when you call peopel names it makes your argument very strong!

You mean like calling people "homers", like homers are a bad thing ....?

By on paper I am talking caliber of players and coaches.  WIth all due respect to Coach Leavitt I think Carroll is the top coach in CFB.  As for players, I don't think many would disagree that USC has superior athletes. 

As I said before, however, paper doesn't win games.  How long were our Bucs "paper champions?"  What did that mean exactly?  That meant, on paper, TB looked to be the team to beat annually.  Didn't always work out that way did it?  Teams at every level, every sport, lose games all the time to inferior teams.  It happens often in CFB.   Look at the NFL, same thing.  But the problem is with CFB there is no playoff system so when judging teams it often doesn't come down to play on the field but peoples opinions.  This is a sad truth of the system, but it is what it is.

You can babble and go off on pointless tangents all you want but your statement that USF couldn't hang with USC, at this point in time, has NO basis in reality, on paper or on  plastic, considering Stanford hung with them and beat them .... I'll now await you trying to blow smoke up our butts about Stanford being better than USF.

I await the next response from you where you make your point with such words as "stupid" and "dumbass."

Some things just fit ..... and those fit your pompous comments perfectly.

Keep trying.

#7 : October 23, 2007, 05:56:16 PM

Nuff said.

LOL, not quite sure why it hasn't gotten through to you yet, but I couldn't care less what you say or post about USC.  You think posting a video about a loss to Stanford is going to make me whine and cry like you?  Not gonna happen, sir.  I don't think you are in any position to start posting wins and losses when it comes to our teams.  I think you need to step back, look at the big picture, and get a big dose of reality there chap.

#8 : October 23, 2007, 05:53:29 PM

USF has WV number, plain and simple.  Certain teams have other teams they seem to own, and USF has WV.  It appears Rutgers has USF.  Auburn has Florida.  There are a lot like that.  But you can't take it like if X beat Y and Y beat Z that Y > Z.  It just doesn't work that way.  Football is about matchups, and you can have a team match up very well against one team but can't beat any other teams.  That's the "beauty" of the game.

And if you think USF could hang with USC you need a serious reality check.  I suspect you'll be getting that over the next few weeks.....

LOL!!! Your spend your first paragraph explaining perfectly why your second paragraph is total bullsh�t ..... You have no realistic idea how USF and USC will matchup until they actually played. That's the beauty of the game.   ;)

1st paragraph refers to those comparing teams that played same teams, and basing results on that.

Saying USF can't hang with USC isn't based on that.  We don't have that same comparative analysis, so it really doesn't hold.  All we have is paper, and on paper, USC is the far superior team.  Paper doesn't always work out but that's what we have right now.

On paper, really? Show me ...... Both teams have one loss. USF has the 8th rated schedule, USC the 91st. We're talking about right now and to say that USC is a far superior team is total bullshít. This may change down the line but right now there is NOTHING "on paper" to back up your claim.

I think it is funny these USF homers that came from nowhere and now THINK the rest of the country should respect and fear their team.

Respect isn't too much to ask ........ but the fact you mention fear is stupid, even for you. I think most of the USF homers you're dealing with now came out because of all the bashing, some waranted and some unwarranted .... that's what homers do, dumbáss .... They defend their team. 

By on paper I am talking caliber of players and coaches.  WIth all due respect to Coach Leavitt I think Carroll is the top coach in CFB.  As for players, I don't think many would disagree that USC has superior athletes. 

As I said before, however, paper doesn't win games.  How long were our Bucs "paper champions?"  What did that mean exactly?  That meant, on paper, TB looked to be the team to beat annually.  Didn't always work out that way did it?  Teams at every level, every sport, lose games all the time to inferior teams.  It happens often in CFB.   Look at the NFL, same thing.  But the problem is with CFB there is no playoff system so when judging teams it often doesn't come down to play on the field but peoples opinions.  This is a sad truth of the system, but it is what it is.

I await the next response from you where you make your point with such words as "stupid" and "dumbass."  Really goes to change the impression you try to defend about USF fans.....

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 24, 2007, 10:30:25 PM

I have a mob??? .......... Cool! 

Just so you and your buddy Olaf know, I'll be taking a couple weeks off fairly soon.

Heading back to Tampa for a visit?

#10 : October 24, 2007, 10:33:28 PM

I have a mob??? .......... Cool! 

Just so you and your buddy Olaf know, I'll be taking a couple weeks off fairly soon.

Heading back to Tampa for a visit?

Maybe so....I'll make sure I give you a call so we can hangout!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 23, 2007, 06:46:55 PM

You mean like calling people "homers", like homers are a bad thing ....?

You can babble and go off on pointless tangents all you want but your statement that USF couldn't hang with USC, at this point in time, has NO basis in reality, on paper or on  plastic, considering Stanford hung with them and beat them .... I'll now await you trying to blow smoke up our butts about Stanford being better than USF.

I await the next response from you where you make your point with such words as "stupid" and "dumbass."

Some things just fit ..... and those fit your pompous comments perfectly.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 23, 2007, 09:22:15 AM

USF has WV number, plain and simple.  Certain teams have other teams they seem to own, and USF has WV.  It appears Rutgers has USF.  Auburn has Florida.  There are a lot like that.  But you can't take it like if X beat Y and Y beat Z that Y > Z.  It just doesn't work that way.  Football is about matchups, and you can have a team match up very well against one team but can't beat any other teams.  That's the "beauty" of the game.

And if you think USF could hang with USC you need a serious reality check.  I suspect you'll be getting that over the next few weeks.....

LOL!!! Your spend your first paragraph explaining perfectly why your second paragraph is total bullsh�t ..... You have no realistic idea how USF and USC will matchup until they actually played. That's the beauty of the game.   ;)

1st paragraph refers to those comparing teams that played same teams, and basing results on that.

Saying USF can't hang with USC isn't based on that.  We don't have that same comparative analysis, so it really doesn't hold.  All we have is paper, and on paper, USC is the far superior team.  Paper doesn't always work out but that's what we have right now.

On paper, really? Show me ...... Both teams have one loss. USF has the 8th rated schedule, USC the 91st. We're talking about right now and to say that USC is a far superior team is total bullshít. This may change down the line but right now there is NOTHING "on paper" to back up your claim.

I think it is funny these USF homers that came from nowhere and now THINK the rest of the country should respect and fear their team.

Respect isn't too much to ask ........ but the fact you mention fear is stupid, even for you. I think most of the USF homers you're dealing with now came out because of all the bashing, some waranted and some unwarranted .... that's what homers do, dumbáss .... They defend their team. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 23, 2007, 08:34:42 AM

Nuff said.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 22, 2007, 09:54:12 PM

1. Many many many schools wanted Noel Devine but his grades were so horrible not even programs like FSU could accept him. I'm still not sure how he actually made it in.

2. Congrats on the current #20 class. With 3-4 more of those WVU may be able to field a championship level defense but we're talking right now so I can't go that far.

3. Think about the last few national championship teams. Florida had 4 defensive linemen picked in the first 4 rounds in April (Jarvis Moss, Ray McDonald, Marcus Thomas, and Joe Cohen) and Derrick Harvey will make it 5 next year. Texas had Brian Robison, Tim Crowder, and Rod Wright on their championship team. USC had Kenechi Udeze, Mike Patterson, Sean Cody, Manny Wright, and Frostee Rucker on their title teams. LSU had Marquise Hill, Chad Lavalais, and Marcus Spears. Coincidence? No Big East team can come close to that kind of talent up front. It would be like Louisville having 3 Amobi Okoyes. And when he leaves getting another one.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Coaches Poll Out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools