Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Coaches Poll Out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : October 22, 2007, 05:13:30 PM

If we are playing the injury game, as to why Auburn lost to USF, then WVU lost to USF since Pat White didn't play the entire 2nd half.   

Also, don't sit there and say WVU has no defense when they have the #5 defense in the nation.

What great offenses has WV stopped to attain that high ranking?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 22, 2007, 11:15:45 AM

I think AU falls into that category of a team that just seems to matchup well with another (UF). Just as USF seems to have WV number.

As for the rest, USC has proven to be a big time team, and should they win out I think that will be proven. Point is they will play that schedule and have the opportunity, yet USF won't.

I know you are a homer and all, I just didn't think you'd honestly try to say that USF could go through the SEC with 1 loss.

Way to try and look like a football fan.  You play down the Auburn win and the by saying that Auburn was without players and that Auburn only beat UF because they "have their number."  Then you say that USC not being able to go through a less then stellar three game stretch is ok because of the name on their school.  USF lost to a good Rutgers team while USC lost to a bad Stanford team.  USF should be above USC but USC has more name recognition.  It is bogus that the name on a jersey in college football means more then winning.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 22, 2007, 02:44:16 PM

Everybody said that USF would be unable to stop a great WV O what makes you think that Oregon would roll over them?  I do not see Oregon's O being that much better then WV if it is better at all.  It is easy for people to think they will walk over USF because their name hasn't been talked about for 15 years.  The problem is that "NAMES" don't win football games. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 22, 2007, 02:23:01 AM

So tell me, how do you think USF would fair in Pac10 or SEC?  I say at least 2-3 losses.  Your thoughts?

I think they lose 1 in the SEC and 0 in the PAC10 ...

Yeah they would come out west to Autzen Stadium and slow down Oregons offense... if you cant go to flippin Rutgers and beat a 1 dimensial offense with an AWFUL QB... what makes you think you will slow down a better RB, a way better QB and do it at one of the loudest stadiums in the country? USF wouldnt beat Oregon, USC or Cal, and probably ASU

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 22, 2007, 02:20:12 AM

The only good thing the Pac 10 has done alllllllll year was Oregon beating Michigan when they were obviously in a funk at the beginning of the year.

So tell me, how do you think USF would fair in Pac10 or SEC? I say at least 2-3 losses. Your thoughts?

Oregon, Cal, USC every year. ASU and UCLA when those teams are at home

#35 : October 21, 2007, 11:14:14 PM

I think AU falls into that category of a team that just seems to matchup well with another (UF).  Just as USF seems to have WV number. 

As for the rest, USC has proven to be a big time team, and should they win out I think that will be proven.  Point is they will play that schedule and have the opportunity, yet USF won't. 

I know you are a homer and all, I just didn't think you'd honestly try to say that USF could go through the SEC with 1 loss.

Well, I did ....... doesn't mean they would but they ARE capable based on what's transpired so far.

We'll see.

As I said just a few days ago, a lot of football left to be played.

USF could easily win out or easily lose 2 more games. If it is the latter, I wonder how many will come and say USF was overrated.

Probably just Krazy ....... Overrated is really a stupid word in the context being used. You earn whatever rating you get at THAT time and there are enough voters/computers to keep it fairly accurate...... Overrated would be on an individual basis where a voter would rate someone ridiculously high .... like Spurrier and his Duke vote. He overrates Duke every year.

I think in the end it all balances out.

Looking back, OSU was overrated last year.

USF may be this year.

Michigan certainly was this year.

Notre Dame was vastly overrated this year.

Many, many more.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 21, 2007, 10:47:53 PM

I think AU falls into that category of a team that just seems to matchup well with another (UF).  Just as USF seems to have WV number. 

As for the rest, USC has proven to be a big time team, and should they win out I think that will be proven.  Point is they will play that schedule and have the opportunity, yet USF won't. 

Well, I did ....... doesn't mean they would but they ARE capable based on what's transpired so far.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 21, 2007, 10:01:15 PM

So tell me, how do you think USF would fair in Pac10 or SEC?  I say at least 2-3 losses.  Your thoughts?

Interesting.

So they can beat USC, Oregon, Cal, ASU, UCLA, maybe all in a row when they can't even navigate a stretch of FAU, UCF, Rutgers?

They could win 5 of 6 of this stretch, LSU, UK, UGA, Vandy, FAU, SC? 

I wish we could see that.

And because you can't see it, there is no way to accurately predict how it would come out...

#38 : October 21, 2007, 09:55:23 PM

Interesting.

So they can beat USC, Oregon, Cal, ASU, UCLA, maybe all in a row when they can't even navigate a stretch of FAU, UCF, Rutgers?

They could win 6 of 7 of this stretch, AU, LSU, UK, UGA, Vandy, FAU, SC? 

#39 : October 21, 2007, 10:53:12 PM

We'll see.

USF could easily win out or easily lose 2 more games. If it is the latter, I wonder how many will come and say USF was overrated.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 21, 2007, 11:06:48 PM

We'll see.

Probably just Krazy ....... Overrated is really a stupid word in the context being used. You earn whatever rating you get at THAT time and there are enough voters/computers to keep it fairly accurate...... Overrated would be on an individual basis where a voter would rate someone ridiculously high .... like Spurrier and his Duke vote. He overrates Duke every year.

#41 : October 21, 2007, 10:02:39 PM

Interesting.

And because you can't see it, there is no way to accurately predict how it would come out...

Well that is what CFB is all about isn't it, speculation? 

You honestly believe USF could navigate AU, LSU, UK, UGA, Vandy, FAU, and SC all in a row losing just once? 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 21, 2007, 09:29:10 PM

<yawn>

Good answer.  Very intelligent debate.

That's because there's nothing to debate with you on this .... "Rutgers beats WVU it's because WVU is overrated" .... "Stanford beats USC it's because the conference is tough from top to bottom" .... It would be like trying to debate with my 9 yr old.

#43 : October 21, 2007, 10:39:39 PM

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 21, 2007, 10:31:47 PM

Interesting.

Well that is what CFB is all about isn't it, speculation? 

You honestly believe USF could navigate AU, LSU, UK, UGA, Vandy, FAU, and SC all in a row losing just once?

Could they? ..... Absolutely. They've beaten two teams of that caliber this year, which means they CAN do it.

They beat Auburn, when Auburn had no running game due to their best back being out and Cox trying to do way too much as a result.  And even then it was an OT win.  WV isn't the caliber of half those teams right now, they have no defense.

No offense but this is why it does absolutely no good to try this with you. No one knows if WVU is the caliber of those teams because they haven't played any of them .... but the biggest joke is your reasoning for downplaying USF's win at Auburn. Auburn's best back was also out for the game AT UF, and their best defensive player was a non factor in the second half yet how did that game turn out for Auburn??

There is a difference between getting "up" for 1 or 2 games and getting up for 6 or 7 in a row.  You get beat up and worn down. Again, USG couldn't navigate FAU, UCF, and Rutgers without a loss, my money says they couldn't get through that 7 games stretch without at least 2.

And USC couldn't navigate Washington, Stanford, and Arizona without a loss ...... Not sure how that means anything. Every game stands on its' own and once a team has shown they are capable of beating good teams, there's no reason to believe they couldn't continue to do it on a regular basis.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Coaches Poll Out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools