Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Fantasy Football league « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 26, 2010, 10:35:12 PM

I like the PPR idea. It gives people who have Slot guys and Posession receivers like Welker and Boldin more competition

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 27, 2010, 01:10:19 AM

Anyone have any spots available? I'm interested. PM me.

#32 : August 03, 2010, 12:36:55 PM

Id like to join if any room is left or someone quits.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 09, 2010, 02:31:14 AM

Doug09 and legend I can add two more spots to the league...but will have to add in the PPR system...to make things competitive across the board...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 09, 2010, 02:40:23 AM

Updated the scoring settings...going to get some insight from some of those who use the PPR format regularly to see how scoring should be adjusted.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 14, 2010, 04:57:22 PM

hey bizkit I just sent you a PM to see if there are still any slots available. let me know.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 14, 2010, 05:40:49 PM

Can this just a be a 12 man league? It gets kinda boring and dumb when there is 14-16 teams.  I want to have decent players not back ups. Just my .02

burger40

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 15, 2010, 05:33:15 PM

Updated the scoring settings...going to get some insight from some of those who use the PPR format regularly to see how scoring should be adjusted.
i like the PPR idea but what do people think about the current .5 points per carry. i guess that will help narrow the edge between elite running backs and the average ones who get as many carries but can't do as much. But I wonder if that won't make RBs too powerful, just a thought would love to hear from people with experience in PPR.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

burger40

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 15, 2010, 05:38:41 PM

Can this just a be a 12 man league? It gets kinda boring and dumb when there is 14-16 teams.  I want to have decent players not back ups. Just my .02
I joined to make the 13th team with one more slot left open. If a majority thinks 14 is too many I could drop out and let you guys keep a 12 teamer, but I would really like to play on a PR one so I hope we'll keep it at 14 and find one more player.

With PPR though it will allow for more parity in WRs from what I've heard.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 15, 2010, 06:29:07 PM

i like the PPR idea but what do people think about the current .5 points per carry. i guess that will help narrow the edge between elite running backs and the average ones who get as many carries but can't do as much. But I wonder if that won't make RBs too powerful, just a thought would love to hear from people with experience in PPR.

It definitely makes guys like AP, CJ, and Ryan Matthews who are going to get the bulk of the carries much more powerful. .5 per carry over a season for guys who get over 300 carries can equate to over 150 points.

fortydeuce

Rookie

#40 : August 15, 2010, 06:45:13 PM

Not a huge fan of a pt/carry scoring. Case in point, Ward would have gotten points for getting punked in the backfield last night. IMO you are putting a value on something that does not carry a value in itself. A catch generally implies something positive, which is why I can see the value, especially in a league this size. My vote would be against the pt/carry, but I am just one person.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 15, 2010, 07:00:48 PM

It definitely makes guys like AP, CJ, and Ryan Matthews who are going to get the bulk of the carries much more powerful. .5 per carry over a season for guys who get over 300 carries can equate to over 150 points.

The league is open to suggestions on the PPR. I have never made a PPR league before. I've always based my stuff off of your prototypical yahoo settings. I just set the .5 per rushing attempt and .5 per reception. It also has things for completions as well. I could reduce the fractional points by half making it to where it takes 4 carries to equal one point and so forth. If you guys would prefer that as opposed to where it's at now let me know. Only a few people have responded to the things I had asked, in the OP I mentioned it and had a few people respond. So I went with what they asked for.

I originally wanted the league to be 16 teams. So I'd like to keep it close to that number.

If anyone has had exp. with the PPR format could respond to give me some insight as to what the settings work the best at it would be greatly appreciated.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 15, 2010, 07:05:55 PM

We basically have 10 days to figure out the settings for scoring. I have no problem changing things to what the league wants. I want everybody to have fun and enjoy playing against fellow board members.

fortydeuce

Rookie

#43 : August 15, 2010, 10:50:05 PM

We basically have 10 days to figure out the settings for scoring. I have no problem changing things to what the league wants. I want everybody to have fun and enjoy playing against fellow board members.

I have played in the same league with a bunch of guys I went to UCF with in the 90's for a while now and we have been running at 14 teams for the last 3 years. We added a full point/catch PPR the same year we expanded to 14 teams and have been extremely pleased with the results. With a league that size it provides good parity and made waivers and trades more fun because there was a greater talent pool.

We never messed around with the per completion or per carry because we wanted to stay as close to traditional FF scoring but try to make it competitive and fun for everyone.  That's my suggestion.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 15, 2010, 11:59:24 PM

after thinking about it I think taking the ppc is a little much...I just want to kind of break away from having it dominated by the QB's. Usually if you get lucky enough to get a top 4 qb you tend to do well in your league.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Fantasy Football league « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools