Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

wyla86

Second String

: June 09, 2010, 04:07:56 AM

Ive been reading articles around the web on the Bucs. I've come across one fact that has me a confused.

Why does Buc fans blast Raheem? What reason's? Why Radio?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 09, 2010, 04:10:07 AM

Ive been reading articles around the web on the Bucs. I've come across one fact that has me a confused.

Why does Buc fans?    Try "Why do Buc fans"?   That would be proper english.   It's no wonder you are a Raheem fan.   

Just kidding...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 09, 2010, 04:11:40 AM

This thread is like tossing chum to sharks.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#3 : June 09, 2010, 04:12:09 AM

To sum it up:

A lot blast Raheem due to him being percieved as being unready for the HC position, a number will point to his abysmal HC performance last year as reasons why. As for Radio, it's a name of a movie character who I assume was either slightly dumb or had a mental problem, you'd have to ask the folks who've seen the movie to explain.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 09, 2010, 04:13:04 AM

I don't like Heemy because he's not ready to be an NFL head coach.   He reminds me of a teenage kid.    

They call him radio because he reminds them of that retarded character in the movie Radio starring Cuba Gooding.

wyla86

Second String

#5 : June 09, 2010, 04:13:13 AM

Why does Buc fans?    Try "Why do Buc fans"?   That would be proper english.   It's no wonder you are a Raheem fan.  

Just kidding...

haha funny...

wyla86

Second String

#6 : June 09, 2010, 04:19:16 AM

i understand that he's young and had a horrible 1st year as a coach. But the man had no help! they got rid of alot of good players and had no true quarterback. anyone that got tossed that kinda team wouldnt of done much better. you gotta look at the bigger picture and stop hating on a guy thats making strides for the future. look what hes done so far with 2 drafts and 1 season. Theres alot of excitment in the air and "radio" has put in alot of that work. So once again why blast him for having one simple year under his belt and 2 drafts?????????????

wyla86

Second String

#7 : June 09, 2010, 04:25:02 AM

Another thing.... Who expects to have a phenomena first season as a head coach? Look in to what the dude did in just one season of losing. He found his starting QB , fired a crappy Defensive O. And took the bucs defense and made it better. And set his team up for a better year in 2010. So i ask again why hate on a dude that making the team better?

#8 : June 09, 2010, 04:47:32 AM

Because he sucks
/Thread

wyla86

Second String

#9 : June 09, 2010, 04:53:53 AM

Because he sucks
/Thread

Good one guy

any real reasons besides haters that dont like to give people a chance?

#10 : June 09, 2010, 07:46:39 AM

Sometimes, common sense doesn't apply - hell, we're Buc fans, not rocket surgeons...  :)

In todays society, people want instant gratification, Coach Morris wasn't that - no where near it.  Those who chime in loudest against him are only using him as the target for their frustrations either over the way the Owners got rid of Gruden (I was pissed on the way they did it...) or have unrealistic expectations for a guy who (in my opinion) has the best qualities to lead a group of football players, but needs experience (which takes time) to be successful.

Last year's horrible season provided what I'd consider the missing experience (for the most part.)  It also didn't help that they didn't readily admit they were in the base year of a complete rebuild (hence some of the heinous errors.)

Someone brought it up before (Vince?) that they didn't admit the rebuild, and I responded the moment that Coach called Mark in London and said I want to put in #5 (a franchise decision) that is where the rebuild began.

Most are now starting to 'get it', Morris may not have an english major's command of the language - but he makes his point - and if you really listen to him, he's quite the strategist/coach (but you have to add in points from his other discussions a lot of the time.)   Thus far this offseason, all we hear is how tough practices are, how expectations are high and how they are all pushing to be the 'absolute best self' (that's a Coach Gardi term).

This year is the telling one.  By any stretch of logic, all things considered (and with a little luck and few injuries) this team should be competitive in all their games and playing .500 ball.

CBA gets signed this next offseason, FA is then full of talent (that contractually they must take advantage of) and another decent (at a minimum) draft - that should polish this apple just about right and if the fan's can hang in there until the 2011 season (and they will) we are going to have a 5-10 year contender.

Coach Morris was in an untenable position last year.  This year - there is no excuse for bad coaching.  Growth, Timing and Execution by the youngin's will come by the end of the season.

That might sound like a lot of kool aid, Hell, it probably is at this point...   it's logical and there is a plan.

pewterpirates

Starter
#11 : June 09, 2010, 07:57:12 AM

1. He had a bad first year(this has been well-documented) and he's recieving strong criticism from fans which is deserved BUT only to an extent.
2.you have your gruden lovers who still are clamoring for his "return" to the bucs
3.you have your other group of gruden lovers who defended gruden soooo much during his tenure,that they now have to continue to defend gruden and bash raheem just because they feel as if they have to save face or credibility on this message board,and will probably never fully admit to any positives raheem may be doing or has done because they have co-signed this anti-raheem campaign so much that if they admit to any positives that raheem is doing they'll end up looking foolish.
4.you have your trolls....by 3 or 4 posts you'll know if you should take this person and their posts seriously,mind you a troll can also fall into one of the other categories.
5.people want instant gratification (ex. gruden 1st year with bucs,rex ryan,jim harbaugh) and are blind to the fact that we weren't talented like those teams,with those expectations raheem never had a chance in those peoples' minds,and probably never will

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 09, 2010, 08:44:20 AM

Another thing.... Who expects to have a phenomena first season as a head coach?

Gruden won a superbowl his first year in Tampa.

#13 : June 09, 2010, 08:48:18 AM

I....can....not....do....it....

lol.

obuc

Starter

#14 : June 09, 2010, 08:57:56 AM

Morris is a good defensive guy. His weakness is speaking tothe public. He needs to cheerlead and run the defense. Let someone else run the offense and drafts.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools