Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

nybucsfan

Rookie

#15 : June 09, 2010, 09:35:41 AM

Ive been reading articles around the web on the Bucs. I've come across one fact that has me a confused.

Why does Buc fans blast Raheem? What reason's? Why Radio?

Morris is inexperienced and people want a superbowl now, not in 3 or 5 years. I like Morris not because he is a great coach but because i think he can be a great coach in 2-3 years and could stay with us for 10 more.

Radio was a stupid nickname someone came up with on the TBBBB last year. The nickname was deemed racist or offensive to the MR and the poster was got a vacation and the nickname was banned. I hope that ban will continue here although i'm not sure how strict the mods around here are.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 09, 2010, 09:46:58 AM

Â    Every head coach I'm aware of is much more into either defense or offense, or even special teams. Even Lombardi and Shula were great offensive minds and realistically ran their respective offenses, hiring defensive gurus to totally run their defense. Oh they had their 'input', but Arnsparger (Dolphins) and Bengston (Packers) ran the defenses...
 Â    Raheem is clearly a nuts-and-bolts defensive guy, as was Dungy, but Raheem (or is it Dominik ;D?) at least realizes the offense needs more juice and is addressing it in the draft. Dungy never seemed to 'get it' while here. Firing our first reasonably successful OC cooordinator (Les Steckel) was kinda the last straw...
 Â    And we all know Gruden left the keys to the defense in Monte Kiffin's hands...
 Â    OK, actually Tom Landry was the Giants Defensive Coordinator when Lombardi was their Offensive Coordinator before Lombardi went on to coach the Packers. I believe he switched to being more offensive-minded with the Cowboys. I'm too lazy to research it... ;D...
 Â    Both Raheem and Dominik look much more comfortable with the media this off-season. Amazing what just a year experience does for you...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 09, 2010, 10:00:04 AM

The nickname was deemed racist or offensive to the MR

How can calling someone a retard be racist?    I believe the mod on that site has a retarded child so they get upset about any reference to a retard.   Try calling someone (anyone) a retard over there (regardless of race) and see what happens.    It's ridiculous.

calicojack

Starter
#18 : June 09, 2010, 10:14:40 AM

I thought the nickname came from "Do the Right Thing".  Radio Raheem...  Blaring music...

The Dream Team

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 09, 2010, 10:17:13 AM

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 09, 2010, 11:33:33 AM

Not everyone is blasting him. I'm giving him this year to be successful. I'm supporting him.

RM may not have been ready to be a HC... but thats no reason to hate him.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would turn down an opportunity like that.

Can't fault him for accepting.

The Bucs sucked last year... but you can't put that on RM. Look at what he had to work with. Look at the mess he was thrown into.

Towards the end of the season, he took over the D and it was instantly improved. That says a lot IMO. It says that he's a capable coach. He knows football and despite his premature promotion to HC, he just might bring us a quality product this year.

Attacking him personally, relentlessly whining and doubting him is not doing anybody any good. He's gonna be here for at least one more year. Might as well hope for the best.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 09, 2010, 11:39:28 AM

Might as well hope for the best.

great speech, but exactly what "good" does this do for anyone?

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 09, 2010, 11:51:49 AM

What good does whining and bashing the man do for anyone? Its not gonna change anything. He's here for another year no matter what happens. No amount of pessimism is gonna change that.

Whats good about hoping for the best? I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out. If the fans get behind the guy, it may give him more confidence and more of a reason to work hard for us. Its also easier on the fan to hope for the best rather than live in a gloomy world of doubt.

If he sucks this year, he WILL be gone... so just have a little patience.

If he sucks, he'll be replaced. If he succeeds, we have a good HC. Win Win.

#23 : June 09, 2010, 12:03:48 PM

What's the old saying...

"...expect the worse, hope for the best..."

I honestly believe that some people either like being miserable or do not know any other way...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : June 09, 2010, 12:09:14 PM

I thought the nickname came from "Do the Right Thing".  Radio Raheem...  Blaring music...

Nope... some clown on Bucschat named him after the Radio character. The Radio character from Do the right thing was never in the equation.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 09, 2010, 12:20:55 PM

What good does whining and bashing the man do for anyone? Its not gonna change anything. He's here for another year no matter what happens. No amount of pessimism is gonna change that.

Who said it was going to change anything?  Just people expressing their opinions, that's my  point

Whats good about hoping for the best? I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out. If the fans get behind the guy, it may give him more confidence and more of a reason to work hard for us.

Seriously?  You're kidding right.  he's going to work harder and get confidence because the "fans are behind him" ..... if this is true, then we're in really deep doo doo   

pewterpirates

Starter
#26 : June 09, 2010, 12:21:08 PM

Whats good about hoping for the best? I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out. If the fans get behind the guy, it may give him more confidence and more of a reason to work hard for us. Its also easier on the fan to hope for the best rather than live in a gloomy world of doubt.

+1 Winner winner chicken dinner

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 09, 2010, 12:23:33 PM

Its also easier on the fan to hope for the best rather than live in a gloomy world of doubt.

I honestly believe that some people either like being miserable or do not know any other way...

The way the Bucs go really effects your lives that much.   I'm pretty happy about my life even though I'm not too thrilled with the way the Bucs have gone about things.  I doubt that Java's "miserable" although I could be wrong.  You guys crack me up.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 09, 2010, 12:24:12 PM

+1 Winner winner chicken dinner

lol, no it's not ... not even close

#29 : June 09, 2010, 12:28:34 PM

Olaf - Bucs are entertainment...  my preferred sporting entertainment.  Life is good.

and the cracking up thing (although not as humorous to me - I guess) goes both ways.

Java IS funny.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools