Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

pewterpirates

Starter
#30 : June 09, 2010, 12:29:55 PM

hi
Might as well hope for the best.

great speech, but exactly what "good" does this do for anyone?

What good does whining and bashing the man do for anyone? Its not gonna change anything. He's here for another year no matter what happens. No amount of pessimism is gonna change that.

Whats good about hoping for the best? I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out. If the fans get behind the guy, it may give him more confidence and more of a reason to work hard for us. Its also easier on the fan to hope for the best rather than live in a gloomy world of doubt.

If he sucks this year, he WILL be gone... so just have a little patience.

If he sucks, he'll be replaced. If he succeeds, we have a good HC. Win Win.
+1 Winner winner chicken dinner

lol, no it's not ... not even close
how so?

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

#31 : June 09, 2010, 12:32:27 PM

I guess my 'miserable' comment should of read 'how can anyone NOT see some good things going on' (instead)

But it's more than likely just bangin my head against the wall   [banghead] with some - which I don't have a lot of patience with anyway...

hoo ha...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 09, 2010, 12:34:58 PM

Java IS funny.

I agree

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : June 09, 2010, 12:36:48 PM

How is it not a win/win?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 09, 2010, 12:40:00 PM

hi

What good does whining and bashing the man do for anyone? Its not gonna change anything. He's here for another year no matter what happens. No amount of pessimism is gonna change that.

Whats good about hoping for the best? I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out. If the fans get behind the guy, it may give him more confidence and more of a reason to work hard for us. Its also easier on the fan to hope for the best rather than live in a gloomy world of doubt.

how so?

first part didn't answer the question just asked another one, second part is ridiculous, third part is speculation, fourth part gets half credit because it'll be great if he's successful this year and that means a winning season, but if he "sucks" and is canned at the end of the season well we still don't get the two seasons back from our HC tryout.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 09, 2010, 12:40:57 PM

I guess my 'miserable' comment should of read 'how can anyone NOT see some good things going on' (instead)

What do the "good" things have to do with Raheem?  Were we not going to draft players under another HC?

pewterpirates

Starter
#36 : June 09, 2010, 12:48:57 PM

hi

how so?

first part didn't answer the question just asked another one, second part is ridiculous, third part is speculation, fourth part gets half credit because it'll be great if he's successful this year and that means a winning season, but if he "sucks" and is canned at the end of the season well we still don't get the two seasons back from our HC tryout.
awww we won't get our 2 years back...TOUGH COOKIE man up.....the world won't end i promise

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

#37 : June 09, 2010, 12:49:15 PM

Ok, Olaf you can quickly be lost to the discussion if you can honestly see both sides (and you, as well as I, know there are two sides to everything.)

I'll answer your question with a question...

What 'bad' things have to do with Coach Morris - right now? - Because we are discussing the present - yes?

Then answer your question:

Repeated reports from players about Coach Morris's expectations being high, him being tough, him being a leader, him being straight forward with the players, him improving the defense and him taking a hands on approach.  

Those are all good things that are happening right now, in the OTA's...  

One [might] think they are moving in the positive direction - one might think...

That's a few - your turn.  ;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 09, 2010, 12:53:49 PM

hi

how so?

awww we won't get our 2 years back...TOUGH COOKIE man up.....the world won't end i promise

nice come back .... surrender noted

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 09, 2010, 12:55:46 PM

Sometimes, common sense doesn't apply - hell, we're Buc fans, not rocket surgeons...  :)

I'm still trying to figure out what a "rocket surgeon" is.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 09, 2010, 01:01:36 PM

Ok, Olaf you can quickly be lost to the discussion if you can honestly see both sides (and you, as well as I, know there are two sides to everything.)

I'll answer your question with a question...

What 'bad' things have to do with Coach Morris - right now? - Because we are discussing the present - yes?

Then answer your question:

Repeated reports from players about Coach Morris's expectations being high, him being tough, him being a leader, him being straight forward with the players, him improving the defense and him taking a hands on approach.  

Those are all good things that are happening right now, in the OTA's...  

One [might] think they are moving in the positive direction - one might think...

That's a few - your turn.  ;)

I'm not sure of your question, but 3-13 is a bad thing.   Most people (even the opitmists) are saying 5 or 6 wins this year, which is another losing season = bad thing, and if he's replaced after this season then that means new HC, new coordinators and quite possibly new systems, which could be another bad thing.

As for those reports from OTA's, you hear many positive things out of team's camps during the offseason.   We heard plenty of positive things our of Gruden's OTAs.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 09, 2010, 01:05:14 PM

This thread is like tossing chum to sharks.

Der-dit... Der-dit.... Der-dit. Der-dit. Der-dit....

vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Nom Nom Nom...  
 Â ^^^^^^^

Seriously, what IS there to like on a 3-13 team? "Brightspots?" Maybe "youth?" Pretty words?

Right now, Mark Dom, Graham, Stroughter, Faine, Lynch(the new one), Peanut (Clifton Smith), Josh Freeman, Talib, and Ruud are the only guys worth a crap on the whole entire team. Rah is NOWHERE close in my mind. He's got a few years until he's worth anything, and by that time, we will have become disinterested and he'll be gone. BTW, the new guys don't count.

He's made bad playcalls time and time again (whether or not it was Olsen calling. Rah is still THE HC.) He continuously argued with refs to the point of embarrassment in one game. He had to CALL upstairs to see if he could put who he wanted in. He fired more guys than hired. Not to mention the fact they had less losses percentage-wise than he has had thus far. He started Leftwich when he had a first rounder sitting on the bench. (What??)

Clayton is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread right? Apparently, he likes him a lot... all the while though, fans know Clayton sucks. Both stats (offense and defense) are the worst we've seen in a long while. Combined, it's probably the worst statistical outing we've ever had. We get our running game going, and he chooses to continuously passcall afterward. Having a rookie throw 40 times a game is utter foolishness to begin with. Especially after he clamoured on about getting him used to the gamespeed, and not wanting to start him until next year. Bates and Jags should have stayed on until the end of season, not released all willy-nilly-whenever.

In a nutshell, "the inmates appear to be running the asylum." I don't totally agree with that statement, but it's good enough. lol.. Maybe college kid running the class would be more accurate?

Now, does that mean it CAN'T be turned around? No. Rah IS a smart guy. I've sat down and talked with him a couple of times, unscripted. He seems to be overzealous about the team and a bit to relaxed for a man in his position though. His main problem is most likely lack of experience (or lack of a prescription "downer"). I believe he can learn how to be a good, if not great HC, but patience is already wearing thin with fans, and it's only been one season. He's got to speed things up for himself.

And a inexperienced guy, hiring and firing at will does NOT bode well for players that have been there for years. Despite how they say they "love him", I have a hard time with that notion. How can you like, or "love" a guy that didn't have much power one day, got it, then fired many of your friends/co-workers/mentors in one felt swoop?

An after that, you have to wonder about yourself as well, when there is constant talk of what "direction" we're going... The stability just isn't there to win many games. And yes, Rah is to blame for that, at least to some extent. Last years foul up wasn't JUST Rah's fault, Glazers helped....

Now that I've given my answer and will have to endure a written beat-down soon, I have a question for you, or anyone here for that matter.

What positives has Rah brought to the team? Besides youth.

#42 : June 09, 2010, 01:06:45 PM

It's just like a "Brain Scientist"

Mix up the words...   ;)

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 09, 2010, 01:20:35 PM

What positives has Rah brought to the team? Besides youth.

- A young talented QB with real potential
- The players respect, support and love him
- Good drafting
- Enthusiasm
- He took over the D and did a good job
- K2

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 09, 2010, 01:24:26 PM

Another thing.... Who expects to have a phenomena first season as a head coach?

Gruden won a superbowl his first year in Tampa.

that wasnt his first year as a HC. your reading comprehension gets worse and worse old man.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools