Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Stratobuc

Starter
#90 : August 25, 2010, 07:49:53 PM

"I predict Morris will break Gruden's record for most team wins, and it won't take him seven years to do it."

I predict he won't last three seasons.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#91 : August 25, 2010, 08:12:26 PM

Towards the end of the season, he took over the D and it was instantly improved. That says a lot IMO.

Didn't he also take over the D towards the end of the previous season? What does that say? Oh that's right, you only look at the evidence that supports your view.

Clearly mommy dropped you on your head one too many times when you were a baby.

bucmoon

Second String
#92 : August 25, 2010, 11:01:45 PM

Going from Dungy and Gruden ...to Morris was a huge drop off.... Dungy had alot of experience as a DC for alot of good teams and Gruden was already a proven Playoff Coach for the Raiders ...Morris had never even been a DC in the NFL ... i mean even Sam Wyche had led a team to the Super Bowl .. Leeman Bennett had Taken to Falcons to the Playoffs a few times .. Ray Perkins was head coach for Alabama ..Mckay a great college coach .....so most people were not going to be pumped up when he has nothing on his Resume /experience for people to go ''he is gonna be a good one''.......I am a diehard and would like for him to fool everybody , this season will answer alot of questions about his ability to Coach.

General Alstott

Rookie

#93 : August 25, 2010, 11:42:38 PM

Sometimes, common sense doesn't apply - hell, we're Buc fans, not rocket surgeons...  :)

In todays society, people want instant gratification, Coach Morris wasn't that - no where near it.  Those who chime in loudest against him are only using him as the target for their frustrations either over the way the Owners got rid of Gruden (I was pissed on the way they did it...) or have unrealistic expectations for a guy who (in my opinion) has the best qualities to lead a group of football players, but needs experience (which takes time) to be successful.

Last year's horrible season provided what I'd consider the missing experience (for the most part.)  It also didn't help that they didn't readily admit they were in the base year of a complete rebuild (hence some of the heinous errors.)

Someone brought it up before (Vince?) that they didn't admit the rebuild, and I responded the moment that Coach called Mark in London and said I want to put in #5 (a franchise decision) that is where the rebuild began.

Most are now starting to 'get it', Morris may not have an english major's command of the language - but he makes his point - and if you really listen to him, he's quite the strategist/coach (but you have to add in points from his other discussions a lot of the time.)   Thus far this offseason, all we hear is how tough practices are, how expectations are high and how they are all pushing to be the 'absolute best self' (that's a Coach Gardi term).

This year is the telling one.  By any stretch of logic, all things considered (and with a little luck and few injuries) this team should be competitive in all their games and playing .500 ball.

CBA gets signed this next offseason, FA is then full of talent (that contractually they must take advantage of) and another decent (at a minimum) draft - that should polish this apple just about right and if the fan's can hang in there until the 2011 season (and they will) we are going to have a 5-10 year contender.

Coach Morris was in an untenable position last year.  This year - there is no excuse for bad coaching.  Growth, Timing and Execution by the youngin's will come by the end of the season.

That might sound like a lot of kool aid, Hell, it probably is at this point...   it's logical and there is a plan.

Well said.

General Alstott

Rookie

#94 : August 25, 2010, 11:53:58 PM

Another thing.... Who expects to have a phenomena first season as a head coach?

Gruden won a superbowl his first year in Tampa.

Wow.

I'll be brief. Gruden is a good coach, but lets face it, that team in the early 00's was stacked. He came in right after Dungy put damn near all the pieces in place for a championship team.

When Morris got the job, this franchise was in terrible shape.

--My point about what you said: You know all of this, and yet you still post nonsense comparisons. Why?

Stratobuc

Starter
#95 : August 25, 2010, 11:58:28 PM

"When Morris got the job, this franchise was in terrible shape."

Its worse now.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have few questions for BUC fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools