Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn speaks, but doesn't really say anything. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 15, 2010, 02:41:36 PM

Penn speaks, but doesn't really say anything.

I thought it was supposed to be impolite to speak with food in your mouth?

#31 : June 15, 2010, 02:53:57 PM

the di**CENSORED**able-ness of this team continues.    $3 million for a solid LT like Penn is absolutely ridiculous.   I am so tired of this team's unwillingness to pay for talent.   the reason we are a semi-pro team is because our ownership/managers act like it.   this team disgusts me.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 15, 2010, 03:34:00 PM

the di**CENSORED**able-ness of this team continues.    $3 million for a solid LT like Penn is absolutely ridiculous.   I am so tired of this team's unwillingness to pay for talent.   the reason we are a semi-pro team is because our ownership/managers act like it.   this team disgusts me.

Snoooooooore, blah blah blah.

There's a reason Penn ballooned and then lost all the weight this year. What's he going to do after that FAT contract? No pun intended.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 15, 2010, 03:39:12 PM

Would you rather they pay this undrafted left tackle, who has never made a pro bowl, $10 million a year and raise your ticket prices again to compensate for it?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 15, 2010, 03:42:27 PM

Dominik blew over $40,000,000 in 2009 on other contracts. That's not the total amount of the contracts, just the cash paid in 2009.

That can't be true. The Bucs are cheap, remember? They don't pay anybody. It's funny how people shift the argument both ways just so they can have a reason to rag on the organization.

Opposed to what, defending Dominik's horrible 2009 off-season?

Kellen Winslow?

Michael Clayton?
Derrick Ward?
Ryan Sims?
Mike Nugent?
Byron Leftwich?
Angelo Crowell?
Franchising Bryant?

So you're saying the Bucs significantly overpaid 8 players last season, yet, it is continually blasted up and down this board that they are too cheap to sign any players. Which is it, folks?

Even with all those players we signed where were we in terms of the salary cap?????? The Bucs were forced to sign some players as it is league mandated to reach the salary floor which is exactly where we were at after the signings.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Exactly. As lousy as most or all of those free agent moves were, they had to pay someone, so it was either those guys or give Ruud $8M per year to dragged around like a shopping cart, give Penn $9M per to eat more twinkies, or keep Brrooks' broken body on the roster another year. All were losing situations.

Paying Penn and Ruud would have made him look like a genius compared to who he did give the money to on that list.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 15, 2010, 03:46:30 PM

Dominik blew over $40,000,000 in 2009 on other contracts. That's not the total amount of the contracts, just the cash paid in 2009.

That can't be true. The Bucs are cheap, remember? They don't pay anybody. It's funny how people shift the argument both ways just so they can have a reason to rag on the organization.

Opposed to what, defending Dominik's horrible 2009 off-season?

Kellen Winslow?

Michael Clayton?
Derrick Ward?
Ryan Sims?
Mike Nugent?
Byron Leftwich?
Angelo Crowell?
Franchising Bryant?

So you're saying the Bucs significantly overpaid 8 players last season, yet, it is continually blasted up and down this board that they are too cheap to sign any players. Which is it, folks?

Even with all those players we signed where were we in terms of the salary cap?????? The Bucs were forced to sign some players as it is league mandated to reach the salary floor which is exactly where we were at after the signings.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Exactly. As lousy as most or all of those free agent moves were, they had to pay someone, so it was either those guys or give Ruud $8M per year to dragged around like a shopping cart, give Penn $9M per to eat more twinkies, or keep Brrooks' broken body on the roster another year. All were losing situations.

Paying Penn and Ruud would have made him look like a genius compared to who he did give the money to on that list.
All they would have done is spend $10M more to go 3-13.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

player101

Starter
#36 : June 15, 2010, 09:04:47 PM

This Penn situation is a real concern. Penn and his agent have to know its is very, and I emphasize, very unlikely the Glazers are going to give him a new contract. Even if you neglect the fact that the Glazers throw around nickels like manhole covers, with the current labor situation no one can blame owners for not resigning guys who are under an RFA eligible contract. Hopefully he gets over it, but I kinda looks like he is going to make a stand, I for one am not comfortable with Dotson (or whoever) protecting Freeman's blindside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 16, 2010, 12:30:24 AM

This Penn situation is a real concern. Penn and his agent have to know its is very, and I emphasize, very unlikely the Glazers are going to give him a new contract. Even if you neglect the fact that the Glazers throw around nickels like manhole covers, with the current labor situation no one can blame owners for not resigning guys who are under an RFA eligible contract. Hopefully he gets over it, but I kinda looks like he is going to make a stand, I for one am not comfortable with Dotson (or whoever) protecting Freeman's blindside.

"Glazers throw around nickels like manhole covers" LMFAO!!

Penn has never played hardball with the Bucs. He was rumored to be on the verge of holding out for more money since after the first year he started. He has never done it until now. Now he is holding out, but he is still going to attend the fan fest. That doesn't sound like a player who is playing hardball. I really think he will report before the season starts..........it may not be until just before, or after the last pre-season game, or maybe after TC, but I do not see him missing any games because of his history the last few years of showing up and playing despite the fact that he is unhappy with his contract.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn speaks, but doesn't really say anything. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools