Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the posters that say the only thing that matters is W & L « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: October 22, 2007, 09:51:55 AM

Would note that yuccaneers and caveat do very poor imitations of Dalbuc. 

Picked a pretty stupid time to denigrate the buccs.  It is all about wins and losses in this league and the team lost.  But the team did not fall off the face of the earth, they did not stink it up. 

All those thinking this team had the talent to be much better than .500 need to step back from the kool aid bucket.  All those thinking .500 is not improvement for this team need to take a step forward to the kool aid bucket.

The young players on this team had some ups and downs yesterday - but it was a couple of stupid mistakes that did the team in - a good lesson for this team. 

But talk about overreacting to the loss- my goodness - do you think the buccs could win another game this year? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 22, 2007, 09:57:49 AM

It will be "But the team is rebuilding while winning" or some kind of crap like that. I notice some of those moron's aren't around today. Looks like their theory was dead wrong in todays game.

Assuming you were looking for morons - I'm here - well at least I am one of those who believes w and l are the determining stats. for any team.  And you have what question for me?  Did the buccs winning the stat sheet impress me - no. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 22, 2007, 10:02:13 AM

Remember how TBF made a big deal about the time of possession stat?

Well, the Bucs won that MEANINGLESS stat yesterday!

Hooray!

Hit-55

Starter

#3 : October 22, 2007, 10:41:33 PM

Not what I asked for, I want improvement, clear direction and a bright future while the team being competitive and scoring points, which was what was told to the fan base by Gruden himself. " You aint seen nothing yet" " The future so bright you got to wear shades"

What is so bright about the future?
A 37 year old QB, 35 year old WR, the running game, the lack of pressure, maybe it is the center position?
No real future qb, no real threat at wr if Galloway goes down, no pressure for two years now and the coaching staff only talked about getting pressure all off-season, and the center position is a mess.

No tell me in those quotes that Gruden has said where you see any of that?

What you asked for was better QB play and we have it. What you asked for was less INT's you got that. What you asked for is more wins, you got it. What you asked for was a better running game, until the injuries we were 8th and Graham did ok sunday. What you asked for was a better D play and you've gotten it. We gave up 23 points and 17 of them off of TO's. I believe NE gave up 21 so how about take a chill out on the crying already. If you're gonna jump ship, SHUT-UP and jump already. I think it is crazy to have to listen to all this crying after a loss. This is a growing TEAM, no they are not flashy, and they are not gonna make your head spin, but maybe you have forgot who you are pulling for. Can you think of the last time a Bucs QB threw for 300+ yds. Can you think of the last time a Bucs QB had played 7 straight games without a INT. I doubt it, so give it a rest. We played terrible yesterday, and you are NOT gonna win when you give up 17 pts. on turnovers, not us not Indy not NE. That's football, this ain't your Madden 08', losing is a part of the game and if you can't take maybe you should start pulling for NE, and don't forget you SUNGLASSES!

Fire the cannons!!!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 22, 2007, 09:55:19 PM

This is ridiculous thread.  We still have a winning record.  Yucc, I'd watch it, you may be eating some crow soon.  The way you have talked about this team we should be 0-7.  I should turn this around on you and say 4-3, we're looking pretty good compared to how you thought we'd do.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 22, 2007, 01:46:21 PM

But you don't suppose it's possible that Detroit snuck away with a win from the Buccs?

A fair enough statement.

Just more fuel to the argument that they aren't a great/good team, just pretty middle of the road. Losing games they should win, winning games they should lose, etc.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2007, 04:53:07 PM

The Jags are always competitive against the Colts.  With that said you are correct that they may be worn out with a short week to prepare for the Bucs.  We shall see.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#7 : October 22, 2007, 04:32:32 PM

The Jags will need two weeks to recover after tonights game.   It'll be a donnybrook.    The Bucs will get Jax on a short week.   Those Monday night games are very hard on teams emotionally.   You can't stay pumped up for two straight weeks.   You could tell Tampa's win over Tenn sapped them and they were pretty flat emotionally in the Lions Den.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : October 22, 2007, 11:08:01 AM

Snook.. some people will be completely happy that he is gone because of some personal garbage they have against him. If he is sent outta here and goes on and has a few good seasons elsewhere then I will be happy for him. But the fact is Bellichik would never have been nearly as good as he is had he stayed in Cleveland.

#9 : October 22, 2007, 03:21:52 PM

But you don't suppose it's possible that Detroit snuck away with a win from the Buccs?
A fair enough statement.

Just more fuel to the argument that they aren't a great/good team, just pretty middle of the road.

Which is a big improvement from last year, and all that we were hoping for at the beginning of the year. Now, though, for some reason, we have people bashing the team because they don't measure up to the Colts or Patriots. This team still has problems and holes to fill. But, they are improving and that's what most reasonable people wanted and were expecting to see. Reasonable, though, seems to be an uncommon attribute around here.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 22, 2007, 11:04:51 AM

Maybe Gruden will need a change of scenery to become the great head coach so many here think he is.

He IS a good coach.  He proved that in Oakland.  He proved that in 2002 when he rallied a team to a Super Bowl.  And he'll prove it again.

And sadly, I think Gruden will be done after this season, I really do.  I think the Bucs are headed to 8-8 or 9-7 and I don't think that'll be enough for the Glazers.  I just don't know who's out there to bring in.  THAT'S my biggest fear. 

And we'll get to watch another former coach go on to have success somewhere else.

The interesting part will be if the Gruden haters will be happy at first with his replacement.  Or will they just continue to complain?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 22, 2007, 02:22:18 PM

In the end, wins and losses are all that matters. But this thread is so ironic. In 2000, we had to worry about obnoxious Rams fans coming to buccaneers.com after they beat us. Then for two years it was Eagles fan until we shut them up. Now, you have one part of the fan base against another. The smugness of this thread shows such an apparent hope that we WILL lose that it's sad. We moved the ball, which is what you asked for, right? We'll be higher in total offense, time of possession and all that bogus stuff that means diddly. But we lost.

It's all about "I told you so".

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 22, 2007, 10:56:48 AM

Maybe you have no clue what you are talking about.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#13 : October 22, 2007, 10:51:06 AM

If you are reffering to me Biggs, no i didnt have a crystal ball, I was wearing my pewter sunglasses while reading the schedule....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : October 22, 2007, 10:53:59 AM

It will be "But the team is rebuilding while winning" or some kind of crap like that. I notice some of those moron's aren't around today. Looks like their theory was dead wrong in todays game.

Assuming you were looking or morons - I'm here - well at least I am one of those who believes w and l are the determining stats. for any team.  And you have what question for me?  Did the buccs winning the stat sheet impress me - no. 
We had improvement by the Graham. The rest of the younger players regressed, made mistakes. Even the younger players on our defense regressed. I'm watching the Patriots and jealous of being able to draft correctly and make the correct free agent signings. I know Bellichik bombed in Cleveland, and now he is a hall of fame head coach. Maybe Gruden will need a change of scenery to become the great head coach so many here think he is.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the posters that say the only thing that matters is W & L « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools