Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the posters that say the only thing that matters is W & L « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

gharen

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 22, 2007, 12:00:57 AM

One advantage we have going into the Jags game is they are an exact carbon copy of the Titans and we played pretty good against them. It will be another defensive slugfest, but we can pull it out if we limit the turnovers and create a few ourselves.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 21, 2007, 11:06:05 PM

So Garcia's the reason we lost? OK, we need a QB of the future. So that means we should fire Gruden, right?
How many holes did we have a year ago? So until we fill EVERY hole, the Bucs stink right?
We had over 400 yards total offense. We were extremely competitive and lost to a team on the road that is 4-2. Should we have won? Sure. We blew plenty of opportunities, but to say we haven't made steady progress is silly.

In Verner We Trust

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#32 : October 21, 2007, 10:49:19 PM

I'm sure you actually heard the "shades" comment, right?  Or did you just read it?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 21, 2007, 10:47:49 PM

Not what I asked for, I want improvement, clear direction and a bright future while the team being competitive and scoring points, which was what was told to the fan base by Gruden himself. " You aint seen nothing yet" " The future so bright you got to wear shades"

What is so bright about the future?
A 37 year old QB, 35 year old WR, the running game, the lack of pressure, maybe it is the center position?
No real future qb, no real threat at wr if Galloway goes down, no pressure for two years now and the coaching staff only talked about getting pressure all off-season, and the center position is a mess.

No tell me in those quotes that Gruden has said where you see any of that?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 21, 2007, 09:31:13 PM

So what is your prognosis for the season, Caveat? 4-12? 8-8? 13-3? What?

I'm thinking Jax is an L and Ari is a W, so into the bye at 5-4.

From there
@ ATL: W
v WAS: L
@ NO: L
@ HOU: L
v. ATL: W
@ SF: L
v. CAR: W

So, yeah: 8-8.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 21, 2007, 11:03:05 PM

well, when you put the two of those quotes together, what would you think after five season and now a half of season for him to build his offense here in Tampa?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 21, 2007, 11:05:07 PM

You expect me to hold him hostage because of a "shades" comment?  At least make your case sticking to draft choices, not quotes.

And the offense didn't look too bad to me today...defense cost us this game.  You should be focusing on Monte.

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 21, 2007, 10:53:34 PM

I heard him say it too, it sounded more sarcastic than making a promise.

What did you expect him to say anyway?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 21, 2007, 10:52:07 PM

heard the press conference

Oliver Goldsmith

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#39 : October 21, 2007, 08:35:25 PM

The Saints are improving, and who knows what we and Carolina will look like in 2 months. Nothing is a given. We all should know that by now.

sandiegobuc

Starter

#40 : October 21, 2007, 08:55:37 PM

Last week against the Titans we snuck away with a win, this week against the Lions we got caught with our pants down.
That's why they play the game and we watch it...
Should we have lost to the Titans hell yea!!!!
Should we have won against the Lions hell yea!!!!

The way I see it was all the bucs did is switch weeks too win...

I know it is a stupid concept but it helps ease the pain of losing..

Who really thought based on the team the bucs threw on the field on week 1 would now be 4-3?  Hell I'm happy!!!!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 21, 2007, 07:54:48 PM

Java, the only problem with being at home the next two weeks is the first week of that, the three things this teams does not do well are stop the run and protect the qb and open holes.

The few things the Jags do well is run the ball and stop the run while getting pressure, which could be a bad recipe for next week

Oliver Goldsmith

#42 : October 21, 2007, 07:55:29 PM

Things are not exactly looking gloomy.

They are if that's the way you want to look at them.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 21, 2007, 07:58:45 PM

We seem to be a different team at home. Hopefully we can rebound and beat the jags and the cards.

creekchub00

Starter

#44 : October 21, 2007, 08:02:26 PM

The teams chemistry isn't that great, especially with the injuries and the YOUNG offensive line, playing on the road is much more difficult, I think the team played pretty well short of a few stupid plays which really caused us to lose the game..
Wins and Losses are the only thing that matter, that is why today sucked...if we had won everyone would be talking about how well Garcia and Graham played....

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the posters that say the only thing that matters is W & L « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools