Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the posters that say the only thing that matters is W & L « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 22, 2007, 12:32:59 AM

Its hard to shrug off a loss to mediocre team without coming to the conclusion that you are (at best) a mediocre team as well

They had a winning record before the game was played and still have a winning record.  To call them medicore is to stretch it.

You rarely post after a win and always after a loss.  I am suprised you consider yourself a credible poster on this board.

Just my two friendly cents.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#61 : October 22, 2007, 12:05:00 PM

But the Jags have better RBs, run the ball better, and instead of having 1 monster DT they have 2.  The Jags have arguably the best d-line in the league, and Garcia is going to have a rough day. 

Sounds like the same argument before the Tennessee game...

Watchman

Starter

#62 : October 22, 2007, 12:01:57 PM

One advantage we have going into the Jags game is they are an exact carbon copy of the Titans and we played pretty good against them. It will be another defensive slugfest, but we can pull it out if we limit the turnovers and create a few ourselves.

I see where you are coming from.  But the Jags have better RBs, run the ball better, and instead of having 1 monster DT they have 2.  The Jags have arguably the best d-line in the league, and Garcia is going to have a rough day.  I'll be rooting for the Bucs as always, but this will be a tough game to win.  Makes the team shooting themselves in the foot @ Det that much more frustrating knowing the Jags are coming to town.  I smell 4-4 in a week, still worlds better than I thought they'd be at this point.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#63 : October 21, 2007, 07:21:18 PM

Well the Bucs are currently sitting at one game above 500 and could be at 500 after next weeks game with the Jags. So I guess then it wont be about the wins and losses then will it.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 21, 2007, 08:38:47 PM

Well the Bucs are currently sitting at one game above 500 and could be at 500 after next weeks game with the Jags. So I guess then it wont be about the wins and losses then will it.

I am one of THOSE posters...with regard to your other posts, i have said and will continue to say if we turn the ball over we will not win...TODAY we turned the ball over...IF we hadn't we would have stood a very good shot at winning the game...we are 4-3 and considering, i am happily surprised

You must be accountable for your actions!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : October 21, 2007, 09:47:41 PM

Here's mine, ladies:

vs JAC: L
vs ARI: W
@ ATL: W
vs WAS: W
@ NO: L
@ HOU: L
vs. ATL: W
@ SF: W (possible loss, away)
vs. CAR: W

10-6 or 9-7.

We beat ourselves today, girls, not the other team.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#66 : October 21, 2007, 09:44:02 PM

From there
vs JAC: L
vs WAS: L
@ HOU: W
@ SF: W
vs. CAR: L

9-7 or 8-8 depending on who is in the drivers seat come the last game of the season

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Snook

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 22, 2007, 11:59:23 AM

Snook.. some people will be completely happy that he is gone because of some personal garbage they have against him. If he is sent outta here and goes on and has a few good seasons elsewhere then I will be happy for him. But the fact is Bellichik would never have been nearly as good as he is had he stayed in Cleveland.

True.  I'm just interested to see what the next whining will be about.  The Gruden haters aren't just Gruden haters.  They're just overall unhappy people.  They were on the wagon to push Dungy out of town (99% of us were).  They're on the wagon to push Gruden out of town.  And they'll be complaining the 1st second a new coach loses a game.  Or when a 1st round offensive pick doesn't score 5 TDs in his debut.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#68 : October 21, 2007, 09:18:25 PM

Things are not exactly looking gloomy.

The defensive front 7 still aren't getting the job done, and they're about to play a team that murders even good front 7's.

Things aren't exactly looking up either.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#69 : October 21, 2007, 09:20:50 PM

So what is your prognosis for the season, Caveat? 4-12? 8-8? 13-3? What?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 21, 2007, 11:15:20 PM

pilling yards up and not scoring touchdowns, doesnt mean a whole lot does it? you can have 500 yards and still if the team fails to score the out come will be the same a loss.

I dont think I have said anything about Garcia being the reason this team lost now did i?

Ya but some of those same wholes from a year ago are still there are they not
No pass rush, center is still a problem, or wait maybe the team has a backup qb ,if you havent noticed those same two things froma year ago are holding this team back this year

Oliver Goldsmith

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#71 : October 22, 2007, 12:34:35 AM

You rarely post after a win and always after a loss.  I am suprised you call yourself a credible poster on this board.

Never claimed to be credible, just honest and upfront about what I see and think.

And, yeah they have a winning record, but they beat the worst team in the NFL, a Saints team that couldn't get out of their own way, and a Carolina team 1st week without Delhomme. Only really quality team they've beaten in my mind is Tenn.

Again, just my opinion.

creekchub00

Starter

#72 : October 21, 2007, 11:27:32 PM

I personally think our team has taken huge steps forward this season. We regressed a little in Detroit, but lets bounce back next week against Jacksonville and we are sitting at 5-3 half way through the season that is much further then most expected, and even at 4-3 I have seen tons of positive things from this younger defense, Buchanon, Ruud, Phillips, Jackson, and June. We need Adams and the entire defensive line to step up, but the defense is there and it certainly wins championships (see 2002). I agree the offense isn't where we want it to be but Garcia has another year or two left in him, Gruden can find HIS QB of the future via the draft or FA. We are taking steps forward during the first season we haven't been in salary cap hell.
The loss of Williams really hurts, then Pittman, not to mention Luke Pettigout who was playing pretty well prior to being injured.
Alex Smith was out today, and this doesn't even factor in Paris Warren who probably would be the number 3 receiver had he not been injured. We have some problems, but I really think the injury bug has taken its toll on us, albeit this game was lost on a few stupid plays. 8-8 this season is a pretty damn good improvement and I still believe being in the NFC South we have a good shot at the division. Gruden deserves one more year without a doubt, assuming we don't lose every game from here on out. He needs a QB, and a someone to really take over at RB (Graham, Pittman, Bennett) or FA/Draft as well.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#73 : October 21, 2007, 11:22:42 PM

Here's how I see it:
vs JAC: W
vs WAS: W
@ HOU: W
@ SF: W
vs. CAR: W

12-4, maybe 11-5 season.  10-6 at the worst.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the posters that say the only thing that matters is W & L « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools