Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers FanFest Screw Up « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucBowl08

Practice Squad
: June 19, 2010, 08:07:10 PM

I would normally not post this on a board that is meant for football talk but I do believe that the following story is reflective of the level of organization that currently exists within this organization.

I was contacted by the buccaneers a few days ago and informed that as a member of the One Buc Club I had won the opportunity to be one of 30 fans that gets to have a Question and Answer session with General Manager Mark Dominik at the Buccaneers Fan Fest.  We got to the stadium and finally got to the right location at the Media entrance where they took a group of about 12 of us up to the Press Box.  (which by the way is pretty cool)  The representative from the Bucs then tells us that we were in the wrong place and takes us back downstairs where they tell us, after about 10 minutes, that we were in the right place before but that the Question and Answer session was actually with the director of scouting.  The employee from the Buccaneers said that it was his fault that the people who called us were mis-informed and that they would take us back up.  We all declined at which point the employee said that they would have us back next weekend for a behind the scenes tour of One Buc Place, show us the Lombardi trophy and super bowl rings, and have the q and a session with Mark Dominik.  As great as that sounds, I doubt it will actually happen.

Just another example of how this organization seems to be run into the ground.  While this negative experience alone would not have been such a big deal, it feels like when you combine it with their recent track record it looks worse.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 19, 2010, 08:15:23 PM

Because one stadium employee fudged up, that in itself is representative of the entire organization? Get real, move this garbage to the cove or something.

It's like some kid at McDonald's that flips burgers, messes up your order, and then you blame it on how the entire business is ran. Sounds absolutely stupid.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 19, 2010, 08:29:24 PM

No way is Dom going to have another Q&A with "fans" after he screwed up big time with the Penn comments.

And it IS a microcosm of how the franshise is being run by amateurs.

Doug, I bet you defend the Bucs at every turn....don't you?

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 19, 2010, 08:33:50 PM

No way is Dom going to have another Q&A with "fans" after he screwed up big time with the Penn comments.

And it IS a microcosm of how the franshise is being run by amateurs.

Defend the Bucs at every turn? Because some fan relations person who they brought in to coordinate the traffic is a microcosm of the entire organization? Spare me.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 19, 2010, 08:40:03 PM

Because one stadium employee fudged up, that in itself is representative of the entire organization? Get real, move this garbage to the cove or something.

It's like some kid at McDonald's that flips burgers, messes up your order, and then you blame it on how the entire business is ran. Sounds absolutely stupid.

+1

BucBowl08

Practice Squad
#5 : June 19, 2010, 09:20:37 PM

Doug, I am fully aware that this is a lower level employee of the organization, but not a stadium usher.  I also admit that I am pissed because it just happened a few hours ago.  But I don't think that it is unfair for me to make a reference to the disorganized manner at which the organization has displayed in the past year with their decisions in coordinators and the "rumors" of the cutbacks in employees due to their ownership of that "other" team across the pond. 

By the way...the kid who messes up an order at McDonalds is more like an usher that shows you where your seat is.  The boss of the representatives for the One Buc Club would be a bit above flipping burgers.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 19, 2010, 09:40:16 PM

Doug, I am fully aware that this is a lower level employee of the organization, but not a stadium usher.  I also admit that I am pissed because it just happened a few hours ago.  But I don't think that it is unfair for me to make a reference to the disorganized manner at which the organization has displayed in the past year with their decisions in coordinators and the "rumors" of the cutbacks in employees due to their ownership of that "other" team across the pond. 

By the way...the kid who messes up an order at McDonalds is more like an usher that shows you where your seat is.  The boss of the representatives for the One Buc Club would be a bit above flipping burgers.

I'd be pissed too if that happened to me... but I wouldn't blame the entire org. I'd be pissed at the one guy who's solely responsible for the blunder.

BucBowl08

Practice Squad
#7 : June 19, 2010, 09:54:08 PM

Incognito, I'm not necessarily pissed at the entire organization for this incident.  Just saying its another small brick in a pretty large building. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 19, 2010, 10:45:43 PM

Bingo.   The Glazers took a dump on his cheeseburger once at McDonalds and he thanked them for it.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 20, 2010, 01:08:20 AM

Most of the blues were volunteers. I found out as much when I asked for directions as well.

I see. Didn't realize that.

Well... Thank you Mr. and Mrs. volunteer....(insert beer commercial)

"Thank you for making me walk around aimlessly at RJS all day.... You work so hard looking the other way while other people are cutting in line for Gaines's autograph... Sometimes, two or three times... When someone asks you a question, you pony up to that bad-boy and fire back with the blankest stare you can muster. You need a break from your long lines of idiotic questioning and needless conversation with the masses.

....So here's to you Mr. Buccaneer-blue-shirt-wearing-volunteer-guy."

Naw, seriously... I'm glad they're there though. Now that I know, I just won't ask them important isht.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 19, 2010, 11:51:08 PM

I was there today.

NONE of the "blue shirts" knew where the disabled elevator was, where signings were for what players, and I even asked one guy where the "pewter statues" were (knowing full well), and he didn't know... He actually directed me to the Lombardi trophy lol. It's like those guys weren't trying very hard, or they were flown in.

If I had any problem with today, it was with those guys, and the fact that I missed out of the first session of autos by only one line. Of course, they could have had more fans too. It was ridiculously hot.

I got all of the autographs for the second round after seven (except for the assistant coaches... Walked right by them).

Mario was the "upset" to me. He was the only player that chit-chatted with my kid. ..Would've thought he was more of a jerk. Surprising.

On a good note, Many Buc-wives were wearing little...

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#11 : June 20, 2010, 12:02:10 AM

Most of the blues were volunteers.  I found out as much when I asked for directions as well.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 20, 2010, 01:14:53 AM

Why would anyone volunteer to help out billionaires for free?    I can understand volunteers for free on game day to get into the game free.   But fan fest?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 20, 2010, 05:58:07 AM

When someone stabs you in the back like Monte did, you tank.   You do realize that Monte was still DC for those last 4 games.   He hadn't left yet, so it wasn't as if Gruden was without him for those games.   But the players obviously felt betrayed by the way the announcement was made.   However, they'd have been fine in 09 with Raheem as DC.   The big mistake was moving him to HC before he was ready.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 20, 2010, 03:18:14 AM

Bingo.   The Glazers took a dump on his cheeseburger once at McDonalds and he thanked them for it.

Glazers had to work at McDonalds? I guess I can see it, after Gruden ran this franchise into the ground and all.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers FanFest Screw Up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools