Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers FanFest Screw Up « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#30 : June 20, 2010, 02:15:28 PM

Here's another one.  Lets play "Name that Coach."

Offensive minded coach hired to a top defensive team with the hope of instilling some offense.  Team's average offensive rank during the coaches tenure is in the 20's.  Team does win a superbowl behind a top ranked defense and a veteran QB against an offensive powerhouse who's QB decides to have a meltdown in the SB.  Team made 3 playoff births in the first 7 seasons (7 to match Grudens tenure here) of the coaches tenure.

Notable differences to Gruden-
-4 total playoff births in 9 season tenure.
-55.9% winning percentage while with that team vs 50.8% (grudens)
- won 85 games during his 9 year tenure, averaging 9.4 wins a season vs 57 games over 7 years averaging 8.1 wins a season.
-Average strength of schedule rank over tenure 16.3 vs 20.4.

Name that coach.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 20, 2010, 02:25:15 PM

Here's a thought: rather than pouting because you weren't going to be able to grill Dominick as originally planned, take advantage of the opportunity to talk one-on-one with the director of scouting instead.  Who knows, it may have been fun and informative.

Hell yeah! I would have grilled Hickey:

Q: Do you think it was a mistake to falsely accuse a Rhodes Scholar (Myrone Rolle) of "quitting on his team"?
Q; How many other prospects have you asked embarrassing and insulting questions?
Follow-up Q: Do you think such questions might put the organization in a bad light and hurt us when those insulted players become FAs?
Q: What was your role in scouting Dexter Jackson?
Q: how has your role changed since MD became GM? How has the scouting process changed?
Q: During the draft, what does the war room consider greater; Position need or Best/most athletic player available.
Q: Is there any single trait you find most important when scouting a player?

Jeez, i could go on for a while. I can't believe those guys (including the OP) passed on a chance to grill Hickey.

BucNChampion, you could have had a great opportunity to get some great insight into major part of our Org. and shared it with this board, thereby attaining MB hero status.

Instead, you pouted over ruffled feathers and attained only FAIL!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 20, 2010, 03:04:13 PM

The team had nothing but sold out stadiums when Gruden was coach.   They didn't go in the toilet until Gruden left.   Try to spin it however you want, but it's a fact that the team didn't fold until after he left.

Glazers weren't working at McDonalds, they just swung in to take a dump on Buc fans cheeseburgers for kicks.

December 08 ring a bell? They went in the toilet when Monte checked out. Does that Monte was the real reason the Bucs had success all those years?

hahaha, you people ar rediculous. Im just playing on words like Java does in 99% of his posts. Anyone can take some facts, spin to some rediculous direction and just play it off.....you know, Javas entire gig.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 20, 2010, 03:44:57 PM

Here's another one.  Lets play "Name that Coach."

Offensive minded coach hired to a top defensive team with the hope of instilling some offense.  Team's average offensive rank during the coaches tenure is in the 20's.  Team does win a superbowl behind a top ranked defense and a veteran QB against an offensive powerhouse who's QB decides to have a meltdown in the SB.  Team made 3 playoff births in the first 7 seasons (7 to match Grudens tenure here) of the coaches tenure.

- won 85 games during his 9 year tenure, averaging 9.4 wins a season vs 57 games over 7 years averaging 8.1 wins a season.

Name that coach.

Brian Billick

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 20, 2010, 04:07:27 PM

Folks, this team had nothing but sold out stadiums when Gruden was coach. Remember that last playoff game against the Giants where Bucs fans immediately snatched up all of the available tickets so the Giants fans couldn't make their presence known?

LOL.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 20, 2010, 04:21:28 PM

Folks, this team had nothing but sold out stadiums when Gruden was coach. Remember that last playoff game against the Giants where Bucs fans immediately snatched up all of the available tickets so the Giants fans couldn't make their presence known?

LOL.

lol, now thats funny.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 20, 2010, 04:35:11 PM

LOL.

Attendance had been steadily declining for the past few seasons. That's why the Glazers finally pulled the plug on the last regime. Regardless of whether the games were sold out or not, if you were at the games you would have noticed this decline. Last year was a little over 5,000 fewer in actual attendance at each game from 2008 but average actual stub attendance back in 2008 was only 55,221 which is over 10,000 less than RJS stadium capacity.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#37 : June 20, 2010, 04:51:57 PM

Here's another one.� Lets play "Name that Coach."

Offensive minded coach hired to a top defensive team with the hope of instilling some offense.� Team's average offensive rank during the coaches tenure is in the 20's.� Team does win a superbowl behind a top ranked defense and a veteran QB against an offensive powerhouse who's QB decides to have a meltdown in the SB.� Team made 3 playoff births in the first 7 seasons (7 to match Grudens tenure here) of the coaches tenure.

Name that coach.

Brian Billick

We have a winner!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 20, 2010, 05:38:19 PM

This weekend the Bucs held a HUGE event with tens of thousands of fans and several thousand organizers/employees to run the event....and because of this very minor screw up, the whole organization is run by amateurs and is unprofessional? Gimme a break. I'm with Doug. This is about the same as saying the valet guy scratching your car is another example of how incompitent the FO is. Yet another weak attempt to sling mud on the Bucs imo. I'd be pissed if it had happened to me persoanlly, but it has absolutely nothing to do with how ell the team is ran.

Draft Aaron Donald

1954papa

Rookie

#39 : June 20, 2010, 05:46:55 PM

It's all a matter of one's opinion. 

Some feel the Bucs are on the right path to recovery, others think it is a disaster in continued regression.  Who is anyone here to determine right or wrong?

REMEMBER - Light travels faster than sound....that's why some people appear to be bright until they open their mouth and speak.

calicojack

Starter
#40 : June 20, 2010, 05:54:36 PM

Riveting Hickey Q&A Session #1
Hickey's Resurgence Under Dominik

The Dream Team

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 20, 2010, 05:56:14 PM

LOL.

Attendance had been steadily declining for the past few seasons. That's why the Glazers finally pulled the plug on the last regime. Regardless of whether the games were sold out or not, if you were at the games you would have noticed this decline. Last year was a little over 5,000 fewer in actual attendance at each game from 2008 but average actual stub attendance back in 2008 was only 55,221 which is over 10,000 less than RJS stadium capacity.

It was a lot more than 5,000 fewer fans there.

One week there were more fans at a USF game than at the Bucs game the next day. Something like only 45,000 actually showed up. This year, the stadium will be half-empty if the team isnt any good.

No matter how you want to sugar coat it, it doesnt change the fact that a strong majority of the fan base is not satisfied with how this team is being run from the ownership to the front office to the coaching staff.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 20, 2010, 06:38:44 PM

I don't really like the division of responsibility.  When we won the SB behind the #1 defense in the land, Gruden got all the credit, but when we tanked 4 games to close out 2008...Monte gets all the blame.  Was Gruden the HC or the OC?
Standing ovation with thunderous applause!!!!

I knew we hit it off for a reason.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 20, 2010, 06:41:58 PM

I don't really like the division of responsibility.  When we won the SB behind the #1 defense in the land, Gruden got all the credit, but when we tanked 4 games to close out 2008...Monte gets all the blame.  Was Gruden the HC or the OC?
Standing ovation with thunderous applause!!!!

I knew we hit it off for a reason.
You guys forgot to add Morris in that blame.  He also failed to motivate the defense when Monte announced he was leaving.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 20, 2010, 06:51:28 PM

LOL.

It was a lot more than 5,000 fewer fans there.

One week there were more fans at a USF game than at the Bucs game the next day. Something like only 45,000 actually showed up. This year, the stadium will be half-empty if the team isnt any good.

No matter how you want to sugar coat it, it doesnt change the fact that a strong majority of the fan base is not satisfied with how this team is being run from the ownership to the front office to the coaching staff.

Like I said, the attendance count was down roughly 5,000 from 2008 to 2009....

That average stub count of 49,621 for 2009 marks a 10.1 percent drop from the average in-house attendance of 55,221 during the 2008 season, when Tampa Bay finished 9-7 in Jon Gruden's final season as head coach

The point I was making was that even the 2008 attendance was nothing spectacular in a stadium with 65,657 capacity.

btw, I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything...just stating the facts. I like facts, unlike a lot of posters on here with an agenda.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers FanFest Screw Up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools