Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve Smith Breaks His Arm... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 23, 2010, 03:21:00 PM

I'd take Steve Smith with a broken arm over any Buc WR.

...and you wonder why people automatically dismiss your opinions.

Really?   I tell you what.   I'll bet you $1000 usd right now that Steve Smith ends up with more receiving yards than any WR on the Bucs this year.

Even if Smith breaks it again Week 5? You must be loaded bro o.o

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 23, 2010, 06:46:24 PM

no complimentary WR for Smith(when he gets healthy)

Not true. They have Dexter Jackson

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 23, 2010, 09:51:42 PM

Really Java?? The guy IS getting old.

I bet while on his way to 1000 yards, he breaks something else... lol.

Ronde Barber is about 5 years older than Steve Smith.   What did you think of Ronde's level of play 5 years ago?   

ticketgirl99

Practice Squad

#33 : June 25, 2010, 10:43:08 AM

I hope he's back before the season starts...

http://www.totaltickets.com
For all your ticket needs

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 26, 2010, 02:53:28 AM

Ronde Barber is about 5 years older than Steve Smith. What did you think of Ronde's level of play 5 years ago?

Hello? Ronde doesn't get the ball thrown to him a 3rd of the games.... Different position altogether.

Seems to me that's why his brother didn't last as long too. Offensive guys take a much bigger beating in the longrun.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#35 : June 26, 2010, 12:52:01 PM

Ronde Barber is about 5 years older than Steve Smith. What did you think of Ronde's level of play 5 years ago?

Hello? Ronde doesn't get the ball thrown to him a 3rd of the games.... Different position altogether.

Seems to me that's why his brother didn't last as long too. Offensive guys take a much bigger beating in the longrun.
One thing I have always respected about Smith, is I have seen the dude take some "kill" shots over the years and 9 out of ten 10 times the Dude pops backs up ready to play.
The only time Ronde comes anywhere near that type of impact is the once in a while when a BIG back gets loose.

Smith is nowhere near as scary he used to be for me, now that the Bucs have Talib.IMO Talib is set to become a top 5 CB this year.

And a shutdown corner is>than a playmaker at WR imo.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 26, 2010, 06:55:12 PM

One thing I have always respected about Smith, is I have seen the dude take some "kill" shots over the years and 9 out of ten 10 times the Dude pops backs up ready to play.
The only time Ronde comes anywhere near that type of impact is the once in a while when a BIG back gets loose.

Smith is nowhere near as scary he used to be for me, now that the Bucs have Talib.IMO Talib is set to become a top 5 CB this year.

And a shutdown corner is>than a playmaker at WR imo.

IMO, they got Talib as the answer FOR the "Smith's" of the NFL. It was a damn-good pick despite the beatings he gives out every training camp.

Smith is getting near his end, I truly believe that.

Besides... We're hoping like hell that JUST the rook QB's/RB's alone won't eat us alive. Smith is a smaller fish right now.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 26, 2010, 07:12:58 PM

You never want to wish bad on a player.
Unless you're an Eagles fan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve Smith Breaks His Arm... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools