Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nothing Surprises Me Anymore... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30

DailyRich68

Starter
#30 : June 24, 2010, 07:13:49 PM

More like "realized" than "decided."

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 24, 2010, 07:14:02 PM

I'm not gonna get into the whole "gay" debate but for those that feel its a choice, i'd like to know when u decided YOUR sexual preference?

Around kindergarten for me.

Yea.... right.

I've mentioned this b4 when this subject has been brought up but i have a cousin that we've know was "different" from the time he was 5-6 yrs old... he even has girly features. He has never been into "guy" stuff and while we were playing football and "kill the carrier", he was cheering and jumping rope with the girls. Now he's full-fledged. IMO, no one would choose all that comes with that. Why would they?

-------------------------------------------------------

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 24, 2010, 07:43:36 PM

I'm not gonna get into the whole "gay" debate but for those that feel its a choice, i'd like to know when u decided YOUR sexual preference?
Its like when you chose to start breathing...Its all part of nature...You chose to be gay so when is it that you chose to go against nature...OBD

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 24, 2010, 08:22:27 PM

Does it really matter if they were born like that or if it's a choice.

It matters a great deal. It is, in fact, the central issue here. Because if being gay is not a choice, the religious crowd is left to explain how it is that their god hates gay people yet he created so many of them. Convincing the world that it is a choice is essential to maintaining their delusion without giving up their bigotry.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 24, 2010, 09:51:09 PM

Does it really matter if they were born like that or if it's a choice.

It matters a great deal. It is, in fact, the central issue here. Because if being gay is not a choice, the religious crowd is left to explain how it is that their god hates gay people yet he created so many of them. Convincing the world that it is a choice is essential to maintaining their delusion without giving up their bigotry.

Just to straigthen something out here...God Jehoviah hates the sin not the people...If people continue to live in the sin then it is by their own decisions to Hate what Jehoviah has given them as a path to rightousness. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Do people make mistakes...yes that is why we have an advocate with the Father...Jesus...No one is perfect but we are to all work on ourselves to do what is right. Now I just wanted to clarify that God Jehoviah doesn't say anywhere were he hated his creation...That is man's paraphrase taken way out of context putting into words what he thinks about Jehoviah and himself...OBD

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Luke 9:62 (King James Version)
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 24, 2010, 10:28:52 PM

You covered the more theological part, I also want to say that God makes us with qualities that makes us easily become sinners. God hates adulterers, yet we're our bodies were made to find a large variety of women attractive and want to have sex with them.

If it was proven without a doubt that homosexuals were born that way, then it's not like it'll shake up Christianity any more than any other scientific development. Christianity just adjusts, for example the majority of Christians don't believe a word for word account of Genesis. Adam and Eve are more of an allegory for just any ancient man and woman. If homosexuals were proven to be born that way, then there's the common explanation for why bad things happen, God is testing us. God is testing people by making them homosexual. Sure it's not great for homosexual rights, but it doesn't shake up Christianity any one bit.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 24, 2010, 10:57:13 PM

You covered the more theological part, I also want to say that God makes us with qualities that makes us easily become sinners. 

God hates adulterers, yet we're our bodies were made to find a large variety of women attractive and want to have sex with them.

If it was proven without a doubt that homosexuals were born that way, then it's not like it'll shake up Christianity any more than any other scientific development. Christianity just adjusts, for example the majority of Christians don't believe a word for word account of Genesis. Adam and Eve are more of an allegory for just any ancient man and woman. If homosexuals were proven to be born that way, then there's the common explanation for why bad things happen, God is testing us. God is testing people by making them homosexual. Sure it's not great for homosexual rights, but it doesn't shake up Christianity any one bit.

Galatians 5

13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15) But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17)  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 )Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26) Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Throughout all the scriptures it has been shown that being gay is a sin. Now if you think that God Jehoviah didn't give you the ability to fight urges to sin then you doubt who God Jehoviah really is and you wont want to seek him for him to help you in your understanding...Thats would be Free Will which he has given to every man to make his own decision to choice which path he has before himself. Rightousness or Evil...Its 50/50 the rest is merely man trying to make it different to fit his justification...OBD

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#37 : June 24, 2010, 11:02:37 PM

then there's the common explanation for why bad things happen, God is testing us. God is testing people by making them homosexual.

He's a sadist, then?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 24, 2010, 11:08:41 PM

then there's the common explanation for why bad things happen, God is testing us. God is testing people by making them homosexual.

He's a sadist, then?

I agree, I guess this quote isn't so wrong.

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 24, 2010, 11:17:14 PM

Anyone care to strike up a conversation about how tall leprechauns are or how fast a unicorn is?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 25, 2010, 12:04:55 AM

I respect people's opinion on the matter but no one will ever make me believe that someone chooses to be gay. I just can't believe that a straight male would one day decide he wants to be a pole smoker... just can't fathom it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Booker

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 25, 2010, 09:33:30 AM

Its like when you chose to start breathing...Its all part of nature...You chose to be gay so when is it that you chose to go against nature...OBD

Goes against nature? So animals do not present homosexual qualities?

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 25, 2010, 02:09:11 PM

Goes against nature? So animals do not present homosexual qualities?
Isaiah 11:1-2 (King James Version)

2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

If the animals possess these types of skills then it wouldn't be in their nature because then they would have been made in the very image of God Jehoviah himself...I think it is a sad argument if one tries to dumb down Human Nature to Animals Nature. The intellengent levels are completely different although some would argue that too!...OBD

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#43 : June 25, 2010, 04:53:41 PM

They shouldn't be able to adopt, chances are it would procure more of the behavior rather than squash it.

So straight parents NEVER have kids who grow up to be gay?

And gay parents NEVER have kids who grow up to be straight?

Wow, is that what you took from my comment?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 25, 2010, 04:59:39 PM

libs suck.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nothing Surprises Me Anymore... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools