Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Were gonna find out how much our OL has progressed tomorrow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 23, 2006, 09:38:45 AM

I definitely think our OL did a great job.  I agree with JG, give credit where it's due for a change.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 23, 2006, 02:06:28 PM

Here, here.  That was one of the biggest test the Bucs could face, and they gave up ONE sack (which turned out good for us anyway)!

Them boys played real good!

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

orlandobuc

Starter

#17 : October 23, 2006, 02:30:00 PM

And Trueblood is doing rookie things but I think that right side will be a great running side pretty soon. Remember we use dto run behind Buennig and Davis. Now it looked like we were going to the right.

BucHarbour

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 23, 2006, 03:08:32 PM

Once Mahan was pulled (thank God!), the Bucs were able to run the ball against a defense that was constantly run blitzing. They also gave up one "real" sack and the other that happened on the fumbled snap. This against a team that had 23 sacks coming in, and was blitzing all over the place. The offensive line is finally starting to look pretty good and you could see our success rate going up on right side runs. Eventually, within the next couple games, this offensive line is really going to start piecing it together and start consistently getting holes for Caddy.

In all honesty, I don't think Bruce is going to have to face another defense that can bring anything, blitz wise, that he hasn't seen now. They brought it from everywhere and Bruce was unphased, but he did struggle some. It'll be interesting to see if he gets it going against the Giants. I think he will.

>>Ugh.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 23, 2006, 03:08:55 PM

And Trueblood is doing rookie things but I think that right side will be a great running side pretty soon. Remember we used to run behind Buennig and Davis. Now it looked like we were going to the right.

Options and more options! Grads being right-handed has somethingto do with it too.
The OL is getting better every week, you can see it. And it's getting better with kids who may play here for YEARS! No more stop gap vets, those days are gone thank God.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 23, 2006, 05:11:15 PM

Now if we only had a 'stout' center. Next years draft completes the revamping of the o-line.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 23, 2006, 09:14:09 PM

Now if we only had a 'stout' center. Next years draft completes the revamping of the o-line.

That is the only piece missing to transform this o-line.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 23, 2006, 09:46:11 PM

Yeah, drafting a rookie center will make  our line great. He and a second year QB won't miss too many protection calls.

Wade, Mahan, or a FA will be our center next year, most likely Mahan.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 23, 2006, 09:48:16 PM

Yeah, drafting a rookie center will make  our line great. He and a second year QB won't miss too many protection calls.

Wade, Mahan, or a FA will be our center next year, most likely Mahan.

They would be short term stopgaps until the rookie center with beef is ready to go.  It is obvious the Bucs want a center that can hold his ground to complete the transformation of the o-line.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 23, 2006, 09:59:49 PM

The Panthers really like Hangartner, who took over at C when Hartwig was injured.  It would be great if we had an opportunity for Hartwig after the season.  I also would love for us to make a run for Steinbach from the Bengals who is a stud Guard, can play Center, and can back up LOT.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 23, 2006, 11:54:08 PM

I was thinking the same thing about Hartwig. That would be ideal, because I wasn't very impressed with Young from Fresno.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Were gonna find out how much our OL has progressed tomorrow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools