Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Were gonna find out how much our OL has progressed tomorrow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 21, 2006, 07:32:11 PM

Because Jim Johnson is going to throw the whole book at Grads. If our OL holds up and plays well we may have turned the corner. I could see this being Bruce's worst game of the season. Hopefully, Jon has added some quick dump offs for Bruce to go to quickly to burn the blitz.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 21, 2006, 07:39:51 PM

Gruden's gonna have the kid ready. Mis-direction running plays will be lethal, I think the ofense will be alright. The defense is what I'm worried about.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 21, 2006, 08:24:54 PM

This is gong to be a great challege for our young OL, no doubt about it. there are others as well.
Can we build on last week's exciting win? Will Michael Clayton continue to stepup his game? Can the defense stop McNabb and Westbrook?
Most of all, will Grads handle the pressure Jim Johnson throws at him and make plays?

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 21, 2006, 09:16:47 PM

its the D that has me worried, i hope they dont give up the big play

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 21, 2006, 09:56:06 PM

I personally don't think the Bucs will win this game, but I will gladly admit that it's just a guess. I could easily be wrong. I just think the Eagles have too many weapons. But, I am anxious to see how Gradkowski will fare against the blitzing. Everyone knows that it's coming, so he has hopefully worked on that many times over the course of this past week.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 22, 2006, 02:25:33 AM

I personally don't think the Bucs will win this game, but I will gladly admit that it's just a guess. I could easily be wrong. I just think the Eagles have too many weapons. But, I am anxious to see how Gradkowski will fare against the blitzing. Everyone knows that it's coming, so he has hopefully worked on that many times over the course of this past week.

Actually, I would be suprised if the Eagles blitz Gradkowski a lot.  They know that the Bucs throw a ton of short range passes, and that would only provide the Bucs with a chance for the big play score, something they are trying not to give up.

They will stay the ground for a large portion of the game, IMO.  If they blitz, I think Bruce can handle it, and will be throwing a lot of safety valves.  It will be up to the skill positions to make the stuff happen.

Go Bucs! 

Unfortunately, I think they will lose.  Just a thought, a bad one.  But I would love to be wrong!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 02:47:34 AM

I think we finally have the O-line that is going to get even better as the season goes on. Caddy is getting his yards now, and Grads has plenty of time, also his ability to break out and make plays with his legs is so exciting. Since we have never had a QB that can do that..

Davis 26 ?
Mahan 27 ?
Wade 28 ?
Joseph 23
Trueblood 23

Still the future is bright.. And yes Philly will be a good test...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2006, 02:50:52 AM

I think we finally have the O-line that is going to get even better as the season goes on. Caddy is getting his yards now, and Grads has plenty of time, also his ability to break out and make plays with his legs is so exciting. Since we have never had a QB that can do that..

Davis 26 ?
Mahan 27 ?
Wade 28 ?
Joseph 23
Trueblood 23

Mahan sucks, no matter what age he is.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : October 22, 2006, 03:05:55 AM

Gruden's gonna have the kid ready. Mis-direction running plays will be lethal, I think the ofense will be alright. The defense is what I'm worried about.
How crazy is it that we would ever say this!! :o :o

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 22, 2006, 03:08:42 AM

Davis 26 ?
Mahan 27 ?
Wade 28 ?
Joseph 23
Trueblood 23

Mahan sucks, no matter what age he is.

Why is he starting over Beunning???

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : October 22, 2006, 03:12:52 AM

That is the $64,000 question. Too bad nobody seems to know. >:(

gharen

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 22, 2006, 05:30:57 PM

I think overall they played a very good game. Only a few times did the Eagles get to Bruce and there were some nice wholes for Caddy to run through. The tripping penalty was a killer but you have to expect some of that with a rookie.

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#12 : October 22, 2006, 05:47:50 PM

Wade is almost 32...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 23, 2006, 07:33:36 AM

I thought it would be a lot worse but overall as a unit they played well.  I also noticed that Mahan was pulled for Buenning at some point in the game.  I still think it is Muir trying to thrust the last of his "Muir" style OL into the lineup. 

Garv

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 23, 2006, 09:34:31 AM

Against a front like the eagles? Our OL did the JOB! Credit where it's due for God's sake.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Were gonna find out how much our OL has progressed tomorrow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools