Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeBron may be leaning towards the Bulls « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

MBF

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 30, 2010, 09:03:26 PM

Who would they pair with James? Bosh or possibly even Dirk?

The Bulls? I don't know that they would care. They be pretty damn good with just Rose and James. Anybody else is icing.
True, but with all that cap space you figure they'd at least try for another star player, if only to keep them from going to an Eastern Conference rival.

And if you think that's unfair, read this...

per rotoworld

With a report earlier in the day of how LeBron James and Ray Allen could end up in Cleveland together, it's now being rumored that LeBron has spoken to Allen about playing for less money in Miami.
LeBron is said to be referring to him, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as 'Dream Team,' and supposedly has already asked Ray-Ray to join the three of them in Miami. Again, most of this is coming from unnamed sources, but it is starting to feel like Bron, Wade and Bosh all have a plan in place to play together, and if they can get Allen to join the mix, they are going to be very tough to beat.
How would would that work? Wade at PG?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 30, 2010, 09:07:27 PM

I'm obviously in the minority, but I think Wade and James would play very well together.  They are both very unselfish players.  The only legitimate question would be who gets the ball at the end of games, but I think Riles and the players would figure out something to make everybody happy.  If they win, they'll be happy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 30, 2010, 09:08:53 PM

would rose and james be a good fit together?  seems like both of those guys want the ball in their hands...but i guess james and anyone is a good fit.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 30, 2010, 09:10:45 PM

The Bulls? I don't know that they would care. They be pretty damn good with just Rose and James. Anybody else is icing.
True, but with all that cap space you figure they'd at least try for another star player, if only to keep them from going to an Eastern Conference rival.

per rotoworld

With a report earlier in the day of how LeBron James and Ray Allen could end up in Cleveland together, it's now being rumored that LeBron has spoken to Allen about playing for less money in Miami.
LeBron is said to be referring to him, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as 'Dream Team,' and supposedly has already asked Ray-Ray to join the three of them in Miami. Again, most of this is coming from unnamed sources, but it is starting to feel like Bron, Wade and Bosh all have a plan in place to play together, and if they can get Allen to join the mix, they are going to be very tough to beat.

If that team happened, they would rename positions and schemes and plans around those guys.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 30, 2010, 09:24:00 PM

Quote from: Fox Sports
James and Wade essentially have the same game plan: Attack the rim with speed and power, make jump shots on a streaky yet inconsistent basis, execute assist passes mostly on the go, create scoring opportunities on virtually all high screen/rolls and play earnest but overrated man-to-man defense.

Both guys also need extraordinarily large chunks of ball time to be effective, as well as requiring open lanes to the rim. As such, fitting them into a smoothly functioning offense would be extremely difficult. Indeed, the most tempting (because it’s the easiest) option would be to have LeBron, say, dominate the ball and unilaterally initiate the attack. Then, should three possessions come up empty, the same responsibilities would be shifted to Wade.

For these two stellar talents to function on a championship-caliber team, several other pieces must be in place. Such as a pass-first point guard who can routinely knock down open shots; a mobile rebound-eater who also can set heavy-duty screens and hit mid-range jumpers; plus another rebounding, shot-blocking big to compensate for everybody else’s defensive deficiencies. Three-point shooters coming off the bench would also be mandatory, as would a creative wing scorer to maintain the high-octane offense when either LBJ or D-Wade takes a blow.

Whoever the complementary players might or might not be, the pairing of James and Wade would always be exciting to witness.

They'd be fun to watch, although I can't see them co-existing when it comes to playoff time.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#20 : June 30, 2010, 09:55:46 PM

Would love to see Bron and Bosh team up in Chicago. Would be a great team to watch.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 30, 2010, 10:54:00 PM

One hour to go...got my fingers crossed...LeBron to Chicago would make my year in sports.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2010, 11:05:28 PM

per rotoworld

If that team happened, they would rename positions and schemes and plans around those guys.

There are serious rumors regarding the Magic acquiring Chris Paul AND Carlos Boozer, moving Rashard back to the three. A lineup of Paul, JJ or Pietrus/Rashard/Boozer/Dwight is also ridiculous. It also doesn't consist of players who will, for the first time in their careers, have to learn how to play without the ball in their hands. That Miami squad would be pretty amazing no doubt, but chemistry is a very important thing to consider.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 30, 2010, 11:09:29 PM

I also wanted to add, how would Miami make it all work? Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are all max players...that already puts them near the cap max without even factoring in the other two starters and bench players. They'd have to take some serious pay cuts to make it all work.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 30, 2010, 11:12:52 PM

per rotoworld

There are serious rumors regarding the Magic acquiring Chris Paul AND Carlos Boozer, moving Rashard back to the three. A lineup of Paul, JJ or Pietrus/Rashard/Boozer/Dwight is also ridiculous. It also doesn't consist of players who will, for the first time in their careers, have to learn how to play without the ball in their hands. That Miami squad would be pretty amazing no doubt, but chemistry is a very important thing to consider.

Ok, NOW, imagine those teams playing each other.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 30, 2010, 11:13:37 PM

One hour to go...got my fingers crossed...LeBron to Chicago would make my year in sports.

I might be crazy but I don't see anything happening tonight.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 30, 2010, 11:16:00 PM

per rotoworld

Ok, NOW, imagine those teams playing each other.

Yeah no kidding, and they are in the same division. Talk about a freaking rivalry. I think it's safe to say the NBA championship would reside in the southeast division for the next 6-7 years at the minimum.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 01, 2010, 12:48:01 AM

LeBron James-F- Cavaliers Jul. 1 - 12:29 am et

LeBron James will reportedly make his decision on free agency by July 5.

Ric Bucher reported this on ESPN early Thursday morning, and if his calculations are right, that means four more days of drama. Fasten your seat belts.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#28 : July 01, 2010, 12:50:53 AM

Damn, he isn't going to wait too long.

Good.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 01, 2010, 01:16:40 AM

James and Bosh in Chicago would be filthy as well. 

And LeBron is waiting to see what Orlando does, IMO...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeBron may be leaning towards the Bulls « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools