Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeBron may be leaning towards the Bulls « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : July 01, 2010, 02:35:46 AM

lol Wade-Bosh-LBJ-Allen, That would NEVER work. Whats gonna happen when game is on the line and someone has to be picked to take the shot. Bruised egos.
Lebron will not go to Chi town and if he does, then he may as well never come back to Cleveland. Those people will kill him.

JC510

Practice Squad

#31 : July 01, 2010, 09:04:54 AM

I also wanted to add, how would Miami make it all work? Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are all max players...that already puts them near the cap max without even factoring in the other two starters and bench players. They'd have to take some serious pay cuts to make it all work.

The thinking is that Lebron and/or Wade would not take max deals. No Florida income tax would offset the loss. NBA salary is such a small percentage of Lebron's income anyway.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 01, 2010, 01:04:53 PM

lol Wade-Bosh-LBJ-Allen, That would NEVER work. Whats gonna happen when game is on the line and someone has to be picked to take the shot. Bruised egos.
Lebron will not go to Chi town and if he does, then he may as well never come back to Cleveland. Those people will kill him.

Game on the line, one shot wins it, they will.....they will...they will be pissed they couldn't get Kobe.

#33 : July 01, 2010, 01:08:52 PM

Also Bosh said he didn't wanna be an "add on". He wants to be the man a team builds around, a center piece.

Also, with all these teams clearing cap room for 3 guys, someone is bound to come anyway empty handed. Knicks are probably the most likely team.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 01, 2010, 04:45:49 PM

Also Bosh said he didn't wanna be an "add on". He wants to be the man a team builds around, a center piece.

That's true too, forgot about that. I'll be completely shocked if this "dream team" happens. Well, at least the Miami version. The Orlando version is still very much in the works apparently :)

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 01, 2010, 04:51:21 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5344459

I can't believe it.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 01, 2010, 06:11:55 PM

Me either, never thought he'd get a max offer.

bait619

Starter

#37 : July 01, 2010, 06:34:19 PM

would the game ever really be on the line...how do the rest of the NBA teams compete with that? 

I also wanted to add, how would Miami make it all work? Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are all max players...that already puts them near the cap max without even factoring in the other two starters and bench players. They'd have to take some serious pay cuts to make it all work.

The thinking is that Lebron and/or Wade would not take max deals. No Florida income tax would offset the loss. NBA salary is such a small percentage of Lebron's income anyway.

also, part of wade's max deal can cause them to go over the salary cap if miami is willing to pay the luxury tax...pretty sure they would be making enough money to afford the luxury tax if that happened...i think if they trade beasley they have enough to offer max deals to all three and still have enough to sign complementary players if they are willing to take less than market value

T

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 01, 2010, 09:07:14 PM

Can ever stop calling him 'King James'...little stupid for a player who has never reached the Finals

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 01, 2010, 09:09:38 PM

Can ever stop calling him 'King James'...little stupid for a player who has never reached the Finals

LeBron was in the Finals in 2007.  They were swept by the Spurs.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 01, 2010, 09:53:46 PM

Who LeBron meets with and when

Source:  ProBasketballTalk.com
Thu Jul 01,2010 1:38 PM ET By Kurt Helin

Just so you are not in the dark about LeBron James schedule:

Thursday: Nets and Knicks
Friday: Heat and Clippers
Saturday: Bulls and Cavaliers
Sunday: Fireworks and barbecue

Okay, we have no confirmation on the Sunday part, although we feel good about it. But the rest of it has been confirmed by Chad Ford and others. Ford adds this little tidbit:

If I were you, I'd read some significance into the Bulls and Cavs getting the last pitch. Multiple sources continue to believe that

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 01, 2010, 11:00:42 PM

::)

Really?

#42 : July 02, 2010, 01:51:29 AM

Lebron is meeting with the Cavs on Sunday.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 02, 2010, 03:15:37 AM

BULLS!

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 02, 2010, 03:45:07 PM

The Cavaliers are scheduled to meet with LeBron James at 11 a.m. on Saturday, meaning the Bulls will have the last chance to make their pitch.

This is an interesting development, as the Cavs appeared to have an edge by going last. Our guess is still that he'll end up in Cleveland, but that could change if LeBron's people intentionally switched things around to meet with the Bulls last. On a side note, Byron Scott said in his presser today that he wants to employ a running offense and referred to "Showtime," from his Lakers' days. And our guess is that will make LeBron happy.

Source: Brian Windhorst on Twitter

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeBron may be leaning towards the Bulls « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools