Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Decision:Thomas over Johnson? Johnson over Thomas? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucLord

Starter

#30 : March 10, 2007, 11:05:54 AM

Both of them will be gone by #4

The better poll would have been

Quinn or Branch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 10, 2007, 11:12:46 AM

Oakland goes w/ a QB. Detriot goes with either Brady Quinn or Joe Thomas. Cleveland goes with AP or whoever is left out of Joe Thomas and Quinn. TB has a choice of CJ,whoever is left out of Quinn and Thomas.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#32 : March 10, 2007, 11:24:31 AM

Would anybody have a problem with it if we DID draft Joe Thomas and then put Petitgout at left guard to play there (in place of/or to compete with) Buenning? How would that turn out??

BucLord

Starter

#33 : March 10, 2007, 12:08:35 PM

Robert Gallery played awesome is rookie year 2 years ago and only let up 1 sack at RT, he did injury is elbow and had it in a semi cast, shifted over to LT and didnt play well

I just posted a couple links to Jerry Porters interview and from what read into it, they will take Joe Thomas, if they move Gallery back to RT where he dominated, the Raiders would have to of the best young bookened tackles in the NFL if the draft Thoma. And getting 2 time pro-bowler Jeremy Newberry, that Raiders offense will be solid.

I think Oakland takes Thomas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 11, 2007, 06:00:44 PM

I was listening to Sirius a lil while ago and they talked about D. Ferguson being the premier tackle last year while McNeil went in the second round and performed at a pro bowl level.

My question(because i don't follow the lineman that closely) who is the McNeil prospect this year?

Absoluetly Hate.. great point. You se it all over the NFL, look at all the teams that made the playoffs, their OL are guys the get from the 2nd, 3rd, 5th etcs. What do those teams have in common?

They have "PLAYMAKERS" on offense.. guys like Tomlinson , Larry Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Moss(in his prime), Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, Shawn Alexander and lets not forget the biggest playmaker of them all.. Tom Brady..

I will tell you this, you take any LT in the history of the NFL current or past, Munoz, Ogden, Pace, I dont care anyone.. and you plug him into the Pats LT spot and take out Tom Brady

I gurantee you the Pats dont win 3 SB's

Playmakers win SB's, guys that can change the outcome of a game in a single play. LT's are certainly important, but they are not even close to what playmakers like Tomlinson, Brady, Harrison etc.. Those guys won games by themselves. It was because of those guys (playmakers) that put a "W" in the column instead of an "L"

It's that simple, so stop with the stupid Joe Thomas > Calvin Johnson, thats just plain dumb.
Brad Johnson.

Trent Dilfer.

Mark Rypien.

Super Bowl Champs.

#35 : March 10, 2007, 09:35:30 PM

CJ is more important to us now and we could get a stud OL in later in the draft

kennard19

Starter
#36 : March 10, 2007, 10:30:49 PM

The bucs need CJ. If Joey went down, Can Clayton fill in? Or Stovall? Think about it.

kennard19

Starter
#37 : March 10, 2007, 10:33:17 PM

think about clayton's Rookie year. We had good pass protection and clayton caught 80 balls And we had a bad record. We need a game breaker.

Bucsker

Practice Squad

#38 : March 10, 2007, 10:44:48 PM

I tend to agree with **CENSORED** Vermeil's philosophy about the draft, which is that if you have two players on your board rated equally and an opportunity to take either one, you go with the guy who touches the football. Therefore, I'd take Johnson, but it's definitely a tough call.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 10, 2007, 10:56:55 PM

CJ makes your WR corps better and perhaps marginally improves your QB play and run game. JT makes your whole offense better: running game, passing game, QB play, everything.
A-freaking-men!

kennard19

Starter
#40 : March 10, 2007, 10:58:36 PM

I tend to agree with **CENSORED** Vermeil's philosophy about the draft, which is that if you have two players on your board rated equally and an opportunity to take either one, you go with the guy who touches the football. Therefore, I'd take Johnson, but it's definitely a tough call.
A-freaking-men!

PoorRichard

Starter

#41 : March 10, 2007, 11:18:55 PM

Hmmmm. Does anybody know where Paul Gruber went to college? Thought so...

That was 20 years ago. The Big 10 has been inferior athletically to other conferences for the better part of 15 years. That can't be your best argument??

PoorRichard

Starter

#42 : March 10, 2007, 11:20:38 PM

Robert Gallery played awesome is rookie year 2 years ago and only let up 1 sack at RT, he did injury is elbow and had it in a semi cast, shifted over to LT and didnt play well

I just posted a couple links to Jerry Porters interview and from what read into it, they will take Joe Thomas, if they move Gallery back to RT where he dominated, the Raiders would have to of the best young bookened tackles in the NFL if the draft Thoma. And getting 2 time pro-bowler Jeremy Newberry, that Raiders offense will be solid.

I think Oakland takes Thomas

Gallery = Bust. What are your watching???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 10, 2007, 11:23:50 PM

Joe Thomas makes the Bucs a better team.

Calvin Johnson makes the wideouts a better corps.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#44 : March 10, 2007, 11:38:41 PM

Amen Boid.  Johnson MIGHT touch the ball in a game.  But Joe Thomas is guaranteed to be there to block.  If there's poor blocking, Garcia can't get the ball to a guy like Johnson.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Decision:Thomas over Johnson? Johnson over Thomas? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools