Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Decision:Thomas over Johnson? Johnson over Thomas? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

« #75 : March 11, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »

It's that simple, so stop with the stupid Joe Thomas > Calvin Johnson, thats just plain dumb.

Who is predicted to be drafted first? 

« #76 : March 11, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »

CJ is listed as the best player coming out.... the draft predictions are based on team needs.

« #77 : March 11, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »

CJ is listed as the best player coming out.... the draft predictions are based on team needs.

And if they are both there the Buccs will take JT.

« #78 : March 11, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »

I posted a thread last week about what Woodson said about CJ on NFL Network.  His view was CJ will struggle to get separation in the NFL and he will not be the player many people think.  On the way home the other night Duemig quoted his agent, who is also an NFL agent, and his and many people’s view around the NFL was CJ does not get good separation.  Sure he is big and fast in a straight line, but that size will hinder him when it comes to making cuts and turns.

If CJ is on the board I will be happy if the Buccs take him, but I don’t have highly inflated expectations of the impact he will make like many of the goobers.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #79 : March 11, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »

Keyshawn doesn't get seperation,good WR and he is in the NFL. And im sure CJ is much faster than Keyshawn,this whole seperation thing is getting out of hand.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucLord

Starter

« #80 : March 11, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »

And if they are both there the Buccs will take JT.

I'm not surprised, why would they start making sense now? Crusty 40 year olds with health problems in FA's? A clear bust WR in Clayton and a 36 year Galloway. Why stop now?

We can get a LT in rd 2. Matt Light from the Pats who won 3 SB's was a 2nd rd pick, Marvel Smith won a SB 2 years.. yeah? who's Marvel Smith? Hes a 2nd pick LT for the Steelers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

BucLord

Starter

« #81 : March 11, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »

I was listening to Sirius a lil while ago and they talked about D. Ferguson being the premier tackle last year while McNeil went in the second round and performed at a pro bowl level.

My question(because i don't follow the lineman that closely) who is the McNeil prospect this year?

Absoluetly Hate.. great point. You se it all over the NFL, look at all the teams that made the playoffs, their OL are guys the get from the 2nd, 3rd, 5th etcs. What do those teams have in common?

They have "PLAYMAKERS" on offense.. guys like Tomlinson , Larry Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Moss(in his prime), Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, Shawn Alexander and lets not forget the biggest playmaker of them all.. Tom Brady..

I will tell you this, you take any LT in the history of the NFL current or past, Munoz, Ogden, Pace, I dont care anyone.. and you plug him into the Pats LT spot and take out Tom Brady

I gurantee you the Pats dont win 3 SB's

Playmakers win SB's, guys that can change the outcome of a game in a single play. LT's are certainly important, but they are not even close to what playmakers like Tomlinson, Brady, Harrison etc.. Those guys won games by themselves. It was because of those guys (playmakers) that put a "W" in the column instead of an "L"

It's that simple, so stop with the stupid Joe Thomas > Calvin Johnson, thats just plain dumb.
Brad Johnson.

Trent Dilfer.

Mark Rypien.

Super Bowl Champs.

I'm sure thats exactlly the list Al Davis is looking at

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #82 : March 11, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »

I was listening to Sirius a lil while ago and they talked about D. Ferguson being the premier tackle last year while McNeil went in the second round and performed at a pro bowl level.

My question(because i don't follow the lineman that closely) who is the McNeil prospect this year?

Absoluetly Hate.. great point. You se it all over the NFL, look at all the teams that made the playoffs, their OL are guys the get from the 2nd, 3rd, 5th etcs. What do those teams have in common?

They have "PLAYMAKERS" on offense.. guys like Tomlinson , Larry Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Moss(in his prime), Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, Shawn Alexander and lets not forget the biggest playmaker of them all.. Tom Brady..

I will tell you this, you take any LT in the history of the NFL current or past, Munoz, Ogden, Pace, I dont care anyone.. and you plug him into the Pats LT spot and take out Tom Brady

I gurantee you the Pats dont win 3 SB's

Playmakers win SB's, guys that can change the outcome of a game in a single play. LT's are certainly important, but they are not even close to what playmakers like Tomlinson, Brady, Harrison etc.. Those guys won games by themselves. It was because of those guys (playmakers) that put a "W" in the column instead of an "L"

Brad Johnson.

Trent Dilfer.

Mark Rypien.

Super Bowl Champs.

I'm sure thats exactlly the list Al Davis is looking at
I am sure he has more pressing things to do.

BUt I am glad the point was taken.

Playmakers are in abundance onthe Raiders.

Lamont, Moss, Porter, even Brooks before he was cut was considered a guy who could make a play here and there.

If the Raiders still have Moss in their lineup, as well as Porter, then you can kiss that CJ GOING TO THE RAIDERS headline goodbye.  And from the way things are churning, I can't see any team willing to buy a 30 year old WRs contract, a 30 year old WR that is a known malcontent, and has never gotten along with any coach in his life.

It is also hard for me to swallow a QB being taken #1 by the Radiers because Al Davis doesn't draft QBs. 

But I can see them seeing that they have the absolute worst O-line in the NFL, and deciding that they need Joe Thomas as their pick.

Which throws Gaines Adams into the front running spot for the Lions.  Of course, with Millen there, there is no rule saying he would not draft a WR first, espescially with Martz as the O-coordinator.

The BRowns will go with a QB or AP.  One or the other.  If they take CJ oh well.  They have BE and CJ, WInslow, and Lewis and Frye.  NOt such a bad looking paper lineup.

There is too much smoke for me to be buying anything anyone is selling right now.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

« #83 : March 11, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »

The great thing about this discussion is there is no wrong answer. There is more than 1 way to win - the main thing is having the entire team "believe in your system and perfect its execution". Teams have dominated with great to average offensive lines i.e. Dallas in the 90's had one of the meanest lines ever (Eric Williams, Nate Newton, Mark Stepnoski), while several others Denver, Green Bay) were above ave at best. But many factors come into play here. Skill position players, running backs, wide receivers, and quaterbacks can make the line better by their play. So I think either choice would be fine but if both were there, hearing a great deal of information on both, I would opt for CJ due to his physical attributes as well as superior attitude. But really we cannot go wrong either way unless some freak accident happens.
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Decision:Thomas over Johnson? Johnson over Thomas? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools