Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Great Debate: Number one overall « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

: June 28, 2010, 02:20:05 PM

http://thecovertwo.com/2010/06/28/the-great-debate/

Article on who to take number one overall in fantasy football.

pewterpirates

Starter
#1 : June 29, 2010, 03:35:18 AM

im leaning towards cj2k..the guy racks up big yardage in a HURRY

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 29, 2010, 12:24:27 PM

Peterson is still my number one pick. Its so safe of a pick. He is also capable of breaking away and nobody catching him, and he is  capable of trucking people over when the hole is not really there(Not one of CJ's qualities). Its like you take CJ's speed but toned down one notch and Brandon Jacobs power toned down a notch then combine the two qualities and you got AP. Goal line TDs will be way more likely for two reasons: (1)The Vikings offense are going to get to the red zone very often and their defense is going bring the offense back on the field pretty quick; (2) AP's skill set and ability makes him very likely to be able pound those goal line TDs in whether its beating the D to the corner or trucking through the middle.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 29, 2010, 12:31:29 PM

I just read that article and laughed about that guy taking Steve Slaton over Chris Johnson last year. How come is able to write about Fantasy Football when he obviously isn't too good.

I hate how the NFL network and ESPN have there own special Fantasy Football guy and both of them state the obvious and/or are just flat out wrong a lot of times. How much do they get paid for that easy job?? Its a turn off to Fantasy Football for me.

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : June 29, 2010, 04:14:07 PM

I just read that article and laughed about that guy taking Steve Slaton over Chris Johnson last year. How come is able to write about Fantasy Football when he obviously isn't too good.

I hate how the NFL network and ESPN have there own special Fantasy Football guy and both of them state the obvious and/or are just flat out wrong a lot of times. How much do they get paid for that easy job?? Its a turn off to Fantasy Football for me.

Slaton was the #6 RB in 2008, Johnson was #11. Slaton bombing came out of nowhere.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 29, 2010, 08:46:40 PM

Slaton was the #6 RB in 2008, Johnson was #11. Slaton bombing came out of nowhere.

Ahhh you still use rankings to guide you... It was pretty obvious that he(CJ) was gonna have a huge second year. Personally I had him on my board at #3 behind MJD. My point is I cant believe people get paid to talk about a game but they obviously are no more knowledgeable than anybody that plays them. With the speed he had (blowing by ANYONE in the NFL as a rookie) he could have easily have been and should have been ranked in the top 5

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : June 29, 2010, 10:12:11 PM

By "rankings" do you mean Slaton's 1659 yards and 10 TDs in 2008? The guy was a fantasy stud.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 30, 2010, 08:17:54 AM

I love it was "obvious" CJ was gonna blow up but not Slaton. That's funny.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 30, 2010, 02:02:35 PM

Man, it was so obvious to anyone with a crystal ball and to Cleo of course

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 30, 2010, 06:32:52 PM

I love it was "obvious" CJ was gonna blow up but not Slaton. That's funny.

exactly lol - it's easy to say HA HA after the fact but both running backs looked like they were due for great sophomore seasons.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Great Debate: Number one overall « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools