Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Julian Jenkins picked 156, Mark Anderson picked 159... Remember? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Aric

Starter

: October 21, 2006, 11:05:54 PM

I remember draft day when we picked Julian Jenkins. Nobody was very excited about the pick. I was listening to WDAE and the 2 guys who do the Blitz show were talking about how we should have picked up the DE from Alabama, Mark Anderson.

I was just checking some stats on NFL.COM and I realized how right they were. Check it out for yourselves.

Mark Anderson:
Year   Team                 G       Total    Tkl     Ast   Sack   Int   Yds   Avg   Lg   TD   Pass Def
2006   Chicago Bears   6   11   9.0   2   6.5   0   0   0.0   0   0   1

Julian Jenkins:
Year   Team                G   Total      Tkl     Ast   Sacks   Int   Yds   Avg   Lg   TD   Pass Def
2006   Tampa Bay   4   1   1.0   0   0   0   0   0.0      0       0        0

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#1 : October 21, 2006, 11:09:44 PM

I thought we would take Mark Anderson for sure there.  I was pissed we didn't.  After seeing Mark Anderson play a few times this year, I am even more upset with that pick. 

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 21, 2006, 11:24:34 PM

That was a horrible pick. He wont pan out mark my words. And I think its a waste they are grooming him or whatever.

#3 : October 22, 2006, 05:08:10 AM

Mark Anderson is having a great year. He's only a wave rusher but every time he is in he makes plays. Sacks, fumbles, etc. He has to be DROY so far

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 22, 2006, 08:17:56 AM

woopie ... so he's got to play in more games with very good talent around him this year.  Our D has been struggling all year trying to get on track.  They ain't gonna throw a young rookie out there [even in rotation] until our starters get it going.  I'm not saying Jenkins > Anderson by any means, but right now you can't compare the two.

#5 : October 22, 2006, 09:39:26 AM

^
He's right but I still think Anderson has more talent than Jenkins, but I have nothing to judge Julian on. I've at least seen Anderson play in college.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 09:43:44 AM

Jenkins has been part of the rotaton on several occasions I believe.  Anderson looks like to have starting potential and I really liked him coming out from college in this past draft.  Not a knock on Jenkins but Jenkins at most will turn out to be a rotational player at DT/DE with an off season of weight training.  Jenkins hustles despite not having that much athletic ability and I can never knock a player that hustles.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : October 22, 2006, 10:04:43 AM

I remember draft day when we picked Julian Jenkins. Nobody was very excited about the pick. I was listening to WDAE and the 2 guys who do the Blitz show were talking about how we should have picked up the DE from Alabama, Mark Anderson.

I was just checking some stats on NFL.COM and I realized how right they were. Check it out for yourselves.

Mark Anderson:
Year   Team                 G       Total    Tkl     Ast   Sack   Int   Yds   Avg   Lg   TD   Pass Def
2006   Chicago Bears   6   11   9.0   2   6.5   0   0   0.0   0   0   1

Julian Jenkins:
Year   Team                G   Total      Tkl     Ast   Sacks   Int   Yds   Avg   Lg   TD   Pass Def
2006   Tampa Bay   4   1   1.0   0   0   0   0   0.0      0       0        0
Cadillac was picked after Benson....so what is your point?

Aric

Starter

#8 : October 22, 2006, 10:13:04 AM

My point is... At the time I thought it was a bad pick. I still think it's a bad pick. Alot of people thought we should have taken Mark Anderson, and I agreed then and I agree now.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#9 : October 22, 2006, 11:02:38 AM

who knows julian jenkins could develop?  anderson has been good, but his stats are fixed a tad, because the bears first D-line comes and and get everybody nice and tired, then anderson has come in and got the sacks, so that may be helping him out imo

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 22, 2006, 11:55:51 AM

My point is... At the time I thought it was a bad pick. I still think it's a bad pick. Alot of people thought we should have taken Mark Anderson, and I agreed then and I agree now.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]
I'm still not getting your point...do you want us all to kneel down and praise you? Is that what you're looking for? Why don't you list all the players you were wrong about last year, and previous years. The draft is a crap shoot!!!

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2006, 12:48:56 PM

Did you see him run down Reggie Bush on the punt return. He runs like a girl.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 22, 2006, 02:35:35 PM

i actually thought he looked pretty fast for a d-lineman on that play. 

Aric

Starter

#13 : October 22, 2006, 02:39:21 PM

I'm still not getting your point...do you want us all to kneel down and praise you? Is that what you're looking for? Why don't you list all the players you were wrong about last year, and previous years. The draft is a crap shoot!!!

You can call it a crapshoot and often times it is. I didn't say every prospect always performs exactly as expected. I said 1 player was thought to be better than another by many people (obvioisly not the Bucs) and he has definitely turned out that way thus far. Hopefully you can comprehend that.

#14 : October 22, 2006, 05:33:53 PM

Everyoens trying to sugarcoat the fact that Anderson is far and away the better player. Im not overly upset. A lot of teams passed on Anderson a lot of times, and I dont dislike Jenkins at all. But Anderson gets very few opportunities himself, and for a rookie he has been quite the force.

WHo couldve predicted the DROY would be a DE and it wouldnt be Mario Williams but instead the 159th overall pick Mark Anderson? Thats how it looks now atleast
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Julian Jenkins picked 156, Mark Anderson picked 159... Remember? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools