Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Top WR's of All-Time? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 03, 2010, 02:45:25 PM

It's all about the ring, so I'll go with the 3 who got us over the hump to get us that ring...
KJ
KM
JJ

Individually at the time they were here, none was at their peak, but all contributed at key moments in 2002; this was the best tandem of receivers we've ever had.

You're entitled to your opinion however I don't see how you can choose 3 guys just because they were the receivers on the Super Bowl team. Was Mike Pittman the best RB in Bucs history?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 03, 2010, 03:27:00 PM

Was Mike Pittman the best RB in Bucs history?

In the biceps category, yes!   :D

Turn the page.

watson

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 03, 2010, 04:23:33 PM

Then there is the famous pair of

Isaac Haggins and Gordon Jones

Haggins will always be famous for the ball off the helmet play that ais shown in the NFL's funniest videos.

Jones had huge hands and couldn't catch a cold.

I can still picture Doug Williams with a slumped shoulder...."how did you not catch that" look after he hit Jones on the numbers....again....and as usual, Jones dropped the ball.

I remember after one game John McKay made a comment that Gordon Jones' nickname was Gordon "Too much" Jones. Then he said "I don't know what he's too much of though."
Yes that was a classic McKay comment......and so true!!

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 03, 2010, 04:26:36 PM

I can still picture Doug Williams with a slumped shoulder...."how did you not catch that" look after he hit Jones on the numbers....again....and as usual, Jones dropped the ball.

Watson, was Jones our original Michael Clayton?
Just curious, what jersey # did he wear?
[/quote
Can't remember the # for sure, but I think it was 84.  GJ made MC80 look like Jerry Rice.  It was reported that his middle finger was 5 inches in length and he has huge palms.  When he did catch the ball, it basically disappeared in his hands.  The trouble was, he never seemed to catch if during the game.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 03, 2010, 04:46:38 PM

Watson, was Jones our original Michael Clayton?
Just curious, what jersey # did he wear?

Can't remember the # for sure, but I think it was 84.  GJ made MC80 look like Jerry Rice.  It was reported that his middle finger was 5 inches in length and he has huge palms.  When he did catch the ball, it basically disappeared in his hands.  The trouble was, he never seemed to catch if during the game.

He was a little before my time.  I didn't start following the Bucs until I moved to Tampa in '87. 
Crazy to think that we had a receiver more frustrating than MC80.

Turn the page.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 03, 2010, 05:00:09 PM

Was there a WR in our history that commanded more respect from the opposition than Key?

-------------------------------------------------------

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 03, 2010, 06:12:01 PM

It's all about the ring, so I'll go with the 3 who got us over the hump to get us that ring...
KJ
KM
JJ

Individually at the time they were here, none was at their peak, but all contributed at key moments in 2002; this was the best tandem of receivers we've ever had.

You're entitled to your opinion however I don't see how you can choose 3 guys just because they were the receivers on the Super Bowl team. Was Mike Pittman the best RB in Bucs history?
   "Best" can mean different things to different people. I'm a team guy, and IMO they were the best TANDEM of receivers we've ever had. Statistics don't do it for me; the bigger the game, the bigger every play becomes. And yes, in the Bucs' Super Bowl win, Pittman was the best RB in Bucs' history. Pittman delivered his best game on the biggest stage the NFL has. Obviously not so if you consider every game as equally important; I don't. So many guys saved their best games for that improbable Super Bowl run!!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#37 : July 03, 2010, 06:23:54 PM

Horace Copeland could top this list if it weren't for the injuries.
If he hadn't gotten injured he would be top 5.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 03, 2010, 06:34:29 PM

Was there a WR in our history that commanded more respect from the opposition than Key?

No way!  Keyshawn was the best to play at the position for the BUCS IMO.  Galloway was so overrated it wasn't funny. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 03, 2010, 07:08:12 PM

He was a little before my time.� I didn't start following the Bucs until I moved to Tampa in '87.�
Crazy to think that we had a receiver more frustrating than MC80.

Gordon Jones wasn't anywhere near as frustrating as MC80.    Jones wasn't that bad at all.   The only receiver in Bucs history who was as overpaid, hated and crappy as MC80 was Alvin Harper.   But he didn't last as many years as Clayton.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 03, 2010, 07:17:53 PM

Galloway was so overrated it wasn't funny. 

Ya, so many receivers go over 1000 yards for the Bucs 3 years in a row.   Oh wait, Joey Galloway was the ONLY one.

Here are the top 10 plays of 2007.   Notice the player who is involved in more of those plays than any other Buc.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 03, 2010, 07:20:57 PM

Â  The only receiver in Bucs history who was as overpaid, hated and crappy as MC80 was Alvin Harper.� �But he didn't last as many years as Clayton.� �

At least Alvin Harper had a partial excuse. The Buc's trainer did chop off part of his finger.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 03, 2010, 07:22:38 PM

Harper sucked long before that finger was cut.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 03, 2010, 08:51:00 PM

The only receiver in Bucs history who was as overpaid, hated and crappy as MC80 was Alvin Harper.� �But he didn't last as many years as Clayton.� �

At least Alvin Harper had a partial excuse. The Buc's trainer did chop off part of his finger.

At least we got something out of Harper. I pray they have it in a jar in the basement of OBP.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 03, 2010, 10:49:14 PM

Java, how could he have not done well.........he was the only receiver we tossed the ball to!  Numbers don't always tell the tale, and tale is that Galloway was overrated.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Top WR's of All-Time? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools