Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Over the Years... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PreferNFL2010

Rookie

: July 04, 2010, 07:35:21 PM

...who would you say are the top 3 rivalries for the Bucs?  Explain why you think the way you do.

For me, in no particular order ---

Carolina - Division foe, games usually always physical, and arrogance on the part of some players/coaches

New Orleans - An opponent that we played often, even prior to re-alignment.  Also think that the sting of the 33-14 Buc win in 1977 still is in the air for some long-time Saints fans.

Green Bay - Former division rival that featured Sapp vs. Favre...classics.

If an apple has a spot on it, you remove the spot - Lynette Fromme aka Squeaky

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 04, 2010, 08:24:57 PM

Had brief heated rivalries with the Rams & Eagles. My most hated would be the Iggles....for obvious reasons.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 04, 2010, 08:47:48 PM

Chicago Bears - I will always hate them because of the way their fans treated us Buc fans when they came down to cheer for the Bears back in the Bears glory years of the mid to late 80's.

Philadelphia Eagles - Dungy made sure that they were a rival by losing to them so many times.   Their fans are also jerks.

Carolina Panthers - Perhaps the least knowledgeable fans in the NFL.   Delhomme was the luckiest bastard I've ever seen.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 04, 2010, 08:48:57 PM

Recent is carolina......
best may have been the iggles (at least results wise)
oldest has to be the packers for no other reason than we were usually outnumbered at home games lol.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 04, 2010, 11:11:52 PM

It always seemed the games against Atlanta were played pretty physical and dirty with a lot of fights, eye gouging, etc. during the past decade.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 04, 2010, 11:15:12 PM

Over the years?

Green Bay.

Philly.

Carolina.

JMO.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 04, 2010, 11:21:10 PM

St. Louis during the Warner/Faulk years because it usually featured their offense vs our defense.
Agree with Green Bay because the networks seemed to over hype the Pack in warm weather/Bucs in cold weather aspect, plus the Favre-Sapp competition was a highlight. A lot of these games seemed to decide division championships as well.
But the biggest rivalry for me was Philadelphia for all the reasons mentioned above. They were the biggest hurdle Bucs had to get over to get to that Super Bowl trophy. Still laugh when I see Matt Bryant's field goal go through from 62 yds and McNabb hang his head.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 05, 2010, 01:32:03 AM

Eagles

Panthers

Saints

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 05, 2010, 01:36:14 AM

I find it hard to hate Green Bay.  Their fans were the nicest of any fans in my opinion.  Sure, they packed our stadium, but that was because Tampa fans sucked and didn't buy tickets.   At the game, Packer fans were never rude like Bear or Eagle fans.   

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 05, 2010, 01:56:20 AM

Philly is a big one. The games are always good.

Green Bay. Straight hard nose football.

Atlanta- we always play Atlanta hard and they always turn out to be good games

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : July 05, 2010, 02:42:49 AM

Over the years?

Green Bay.

Philly.

Carolina.

JMO.

Thats my list as well.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 05, 2010, 03:09:16 AM

Green Bay - The Battle of the Bays. Man, there were some great games (even when we lost). It was downright awesome watching arguably the best QB of our time against one of the best defenses ever. If I had a time machine...sigh.

Redskins - We stole a few from them in very critical games, but they pretty much did the same to us. Some real wacky calls over the years.

Carolina - They seem to have our number as of late. Can't wait to see our DL new against their run this season. I have a feeling that they're done running all over us.

I also see us having a strong rivalry against New Orleans soon (next three years) if most of the draft picks pan out.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 05, 2010, 09:32:23 AM

I know some are going to laugh but I'll throw the Detroit Lions out there. We had some epic battles with them. Not recently but when we were in the NFC Central, it was always a dogfight.

The Bears fans were worse than the beatings we used to take at their hands.

Back in the day, Packers fans were actually pretty cool. They didn't call that game the "Bay of Pigs" for nothing.

Philly and the Rams for obvious reasons.

3 just won't do it for me.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#13 : July 05, 2010, 09:55:34 AM

1. Eagles: for all the reasons stated above.

2. Saints: These games have actully been pretty close the last 3 or 4 seasons. It was always cool to see our defensive minded team go up against the sky high offense. Hopefully our D can get back to form, because these games are always intense.

3. Rams: greatest show on turf vs Sapp and company

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#14 : July 05, 2010, 11:19:50 AM

I'll go with, in no particular order, GB...Chic...Atl. We more or less held our own vs GB over the years, Chicago not so much, and Atl is pretty even. I wish we played Philly and Wash more, as it's been close  overall. Carolina is my modern GB/Chic.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Over the Years... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools