Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Over the Years... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

shawn731

Starter

#15 : July 05, 2010, 11:33:51 AM

I think the rivalry we had with the Eagles have subsided a little.  The team that I place as our number one rival would have to be the Panthers.  we see them twice a year, and its always a fight on both sides.  Remember the hit to peanut, the last game two years ago where they shredded our Dline, etc.  This team has not taking the front runner as #1 rival.

2.Falcons-we have had some close games against them. The Punt return from Bush was crazy, but I also remeber Payton going for that reverse LOL.

3.Saints-Eagles-they are tied.  The Saints is becoming a new rivalry because they are competitive.  Everyone knows the history behind the Eagles.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 05, 2010, 12:02:44 PM

I still got NFC Central hate...and add thse new guys to the mix there's 7 teams on the hit list at all times...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 05, 2010, 12:19:36 PM

I made a topic on the other board, titled something like, "How can you call yourself a Bucs fan, and not hate the Carolina Panthers?"

Those mother****ers give me nightmares.  I hate them.  I met John Fox at the Gator Pro-Day earlier this year, and I shook his hand and introduced myself.  I had to restrain myself from kicking him square in the balls.

I hate their coaches.  I hate their players.  I hate their fans.  I hate John Fox's smug look, arms crossed, as he stands on the sidelines.  I hate Steve Smith's touchdowns celebrations.  I hate Julius Peppers, the most overrated player in the NFL (who consistently fooled the media by destroying whoever we lined up at right tackle).

But, most of all, beyond the bull**** blocked kicks, the 300-yard rushing days, and our 7-12 record against them...

... I hate Jake Delhomme.  I hate him for his crap game-winning TD on November 9, 2003.  I hate him for the horse-shoe-up-his-butt pass to Keary Colbert on November 28, 2004.  I hate him for his first-down scamper on 4th down -- that set up a game-winning kick -- on September 24, 2006.

My level of disdain for this man -- this team -- is unhealthy.  I want bad things to befall them.  I want to see them wallow in mediocrity until the franchise folds.  I'd give up another shot at the Super Bowl for the next ten years if it meant sweeping the Panthers every season.

It's a sickness, man.  But I was driven to it.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 05, 2010, 12:44:35 PM

I made a topic on the other board, titled something like, "How can you call yourself a Bucs fan, and not hate the Carolina Panthers?"

Those mother****ers give me nightmares. I hate them. I met Jon Fox at the Gator Pro-Day earlier this year, and I shook his hand and introduced myself. I had to restrain myself from kicking him square in the balls.

I hate their coaches. I hate their players. I hate their fans. I hate Jon Fox's smug look, arms crossed, as he stands on the sidelines. I hate Steve Smith's touchdowns celebrations. I hate Julius Peppers, the most overrated player in the NFL (who consistently fooled the media by destroying whoever we lined up at right tackle).

But, most of all, beyond the bull**** blocked kicks, the 300-yard rushing days, and our 7-12 record against them...

... I hate Jake Delhomme. I hate him for his crap game-winning TD on November 9, 2003. I hate him for the horse-shoe-up-his-butt pass to Keary Colbert on November 28, 2004. I hate him for his first-down scamper on 4th down -- that set up a game-winning kick -- on September 24, 2006.

My level of disdain for this man -- this team -- is unhealthy. I want bad things to befall them. I want to see them wallow in mediocrity until the franchise folds. I'd give up another shot at the Super Bowl for the next ten years if it meant sweeping the Panthers every season.

It's a sickness, man. But I was driven to it.

Yeah, what he said ^^^^^^

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 05, 2010, 01:09:02 PM

I've never had "Hate" for the Panthers or Saints.... now Falcons, can't stand em.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#20 : July 05, 2010, 01:21:55 PM

Those mother****ers give me nightmares. I hate them. I met Jon Fox at the Gator Pro-Day earlier this year, and I shook his hand and introduced myself. I had to restrain myself from kicking him square in the balls.

I hate their coaches. I hate their players. I hate their fans. I hate Jon Fox's smug look, arms crossed, as he stands on the sidelines. I hate Steve Smith's touchdowns celebrations. I hate Julius Peppers, the most overrated player in the NFL (who consistently fooled the media by destroying whoever we lined up at right tackle).

... I hate Jake Delhomme. I hate him for his crap game-winning TD on November 9, 2003. I hate him for the horse-shoe-up-his-butt pass to Keary Colbert on November 28, 2004. I hate him for his first-down scamper on 4th down -- that set up a game-winning kick -- on September 24, 2006.

My level of disdain for this man -- this team -- is unhealthy. I want bad things to befall them. I want to see them wallow in mediocrity until the franchise folds. I'd give up another shot at the Super Bowl for the next ten years if it meant sweeping the Panthers every season.

"I hate him for his first-down scamper on 4th down -- that set up a game-winning kick -- on September 24, 2006"

that was my first bucs game, it would have been an amazing comeback..but he ruinied it!

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 05, 2010, 01:45:11 PM

I'd give up another shot at the Super Bowl for the next ten years if it meant sweeping the Panthers every season.

Ummm, yes..... sounds like a sickness to me.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 05, 2010, 02:01:11 PM

Old rivalry? The Bears. Even though they owned us for the most part. I used to get soooooo jacked up knowing I was going to have to deal with their fans at the game. As a fan, I HATED their guts.

Then came the Eagles, and the Rams. They both had belligerent fans, but the Eagle rivalry was better because we came out on top.

Recently? Definetly the Panthers, and the Falcons. We used to own the Falcons, and now they are competitive again. The Panthers are a great rival. They busted Chris Simms allll up.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 05, 2010, 02:32:13 PM

It always seemed the games against Atlanta were played pretty physical and dirty with a lot of fights, eye gouging, etc. during the past decade.
Yup, our D used to take the Michael Vick hype personally too.

PreferNFL2010

Rookie

#24 : July 05, 2010, 06:12:18 PM

Too bad Blaze cannot be more clear with his response....LOL.

If an apple has a spot on it, you remove the spot - Lynette Fromme aka Squeaky

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 05, 2010, 10:27:31 PM

LOL! Yeah Blaze seems like a man with something to say. Quit beating around the bush and say what you mean! :)

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#26 : July 05, 2010, 10:28:45 PM

Eagles
Panthers
Packers

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 06, 2010, 12:02:50 AM

Old NFC North Division rivalry I would have to go with Green Bay

Classic Monday Night Football rivalry would have to go to the Rams

Best playoff rivalry I would go with the Eagles

NFC South rivalry I would pick Carolina as the most physical games and the Falcons as the most emotionally charged games. I believe the Bucs and Panthers respected the physicality of each others' play, while the Bucs and Falcons just plain held each other in disdain.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 06, 2010, 01:25:59 PM

I'd say:

3 that get me thinking how bad we can damage them when we play them, Falcons, Eagles, Cowgirls

3 that i look forward to playing Rams, Packers, Saints.

1 that I'd happily reverse over any player, coach or cheeleader if i'd knocked them over in the first place (after I'd crossed the road to get to them) Panthers..

Hit-55

Starter

#29 : July 06, 2010, 01:48:47 PM

1. Panthers - HATE is a nice word for how I feel about them.
2. Eagles - Man I hated playing them. Even when we won, it seemed we shouldn't have.
3. Falcons - Those games are always physical and full of cheap shots. And it went up a little when McKay went there.

Never hated the Packers, good rivalry and the Favre and Sapp stuff was in good fun. And only hated the Rams because of the 99 NFC Championship game. Should have been ours.

Fire the cannons!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Over the Years... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools