Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Conspiracy theory to end all others... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#195 : July 14, 2010, 01:40:11 PM

I knew someone with knowledge would speak of this scripture or Revelations "lake of fire". It is an analogy ~ that is the extent of it. Read the entire verse. Does it map out "hellfire" as an eternal punishment for evil doers or is it simply an illustration to hammer home a point? I already told you what i think  hell is.

Sorry, Thomas, but it's just another one of those quirky little contradictions that are written off as analogies, illustrations, parables, etc ... Looks to me like there were so many "cooks in the kitchen" conjuring up all this stuff that it was only natural that there were a multitude of discrepancies, mainly due to interpretation. The overall message of the Bible, about how to treat fellow Man, is great .... It's all the other extraneous bullcrap that has kept that huge industry thriving, needlessly, for centuries.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#196 : July 14, 2010, 02:42:14 PM

I dont know how the final judgement will play out either.

You don't know anything about what happens to us when we die. None of us do.

All opinions.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#197 : July 14, 2010, 07:19:33 PM

Im not here to convince people that already have made up their mind. The bottom line is to accept and have faith that Jesus Christ was the messiah and is alive in heaven with God. The battle over hellfire doctrine will not cause one person to go to hell and another to go heaven. Saying the Bible is hogwash written by men WILL cause you to not make it due to that persons lack of faith. Not my opinion ~ just the facts.

It's your opinion. You need to learn the difference between opinions and facts. We all have opinions on what happens when we die. Yours are based on
The Bible. Mine are based on several things related to NDEs, mediums, (and the testing of them) seances and other related things that lots of people
dismiss.

None of us KNOW.

Also, you don't KNOW...

1) IF there is an afterlife.

2) If there is one, what the rules/laws are (if any) regarding who gets to enjoy it and who doesn't.

and...

You still haven't explained the contradiction I pointed out in Reply 192 regarding the words "NEVER to return." How does God call them forth if his memory has been wiped of their existence?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#198 : July 14, 2010, 07:23:19 PM

Im not here to convince people that already have made up their mind.

Seems like you have already made up your mind, too. We're all wrong and you're right.

I think tons of evidence points towards survival of consciousness when we die. But that evidence is lacking in several areas. So, I'll make up my mind when I die

The bottom line is to accept and have faith that Jesus Christ was the messiah and is alive in heaven with God.

No, that's YOUR bottom line. Not mine.

Thomas

Starter

#199 : July 14, 2010, 07:45:59 PM

Joe the contradiction you are referring to is self explanatory - or so I thought.
The post meant:  those that DIE IN UNION WITH THE LORD...will be brought back to life when it is time on the earth or into heaven. Those that are judged as wicked will be left where they lie - altogether forgotten.

Thomas

Starter

#200 : July 14, 2010, 07:48:03 PM

Joe u r right I have made up my mind, and so have you...Oh that u say you havent made up your mind is just a matter of semantics. You just need to work out the specifics to your belief set ...but you HAVE made up your mind that the Bible is not the answer for you. That's what I see.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#201 : July 14, 2010, 08:00:49 PM

Joe u r right I have made up my mind, and so have you...Oh that u say you havent made up your mind is just a matter of semantics. You just need to work out the specifics to your belief set ...but you HAVE made up your mind that the Bible is not the answer for you. That's what I see.

You're right. I think the Christian belief about Jesus is wrong. Mind made up. Same with Muslims and Allah. And Hindus and Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

But as far as what happens when we die? Mind not made up at all. Not sure if there is one. But I lean heavily in that direction. Having to believe in Jesus to have access to that afterlife? IMO, it makes no sense. So, yes, I have dismissed that, too.

Thomas

Starter

#202 : July 15, 2010, 06:04:02 AM

I guess you could say we are in the same boat as far mind made up. I debate Christian/Biblical doctrine on here and face to face but my mind is not completely made up concerning the manner in which Jehovah will fulfill His biblical prophecies and the manner of His son's return. I could be wrong. I am not perfect.

Just as you believe that all organized religions are wrong and the true answer is out there somewhere I believe the Bible has the answer you are still looking for and it's up to us to understand the more "up to interpretation" parts. I am proactive about figuring out these prophecies so I actually read the Bible and watch the news.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Conspiracy theory to end all others... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools