Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grimm - is it just me or.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: July 08, 2010, 02:48:42 PM

You got jokes now cause I just proved you 100% wrong with a picture.  :D

That's his senior year with Carson Palmer. He was 22. Grim just turned 23.

It doesn't even matter man. It's all about heart, not looks. That's why a half pint like Troy is a bad butt safety while prototypical robo Sabby is a peice of crap. Grimm has the heart, anything is possible. I'll stop now. A picture is worth a thousand words, and that link says it all.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 08, 2010, 02:41:13 PM

R U?

Wow...just wow.

Do you think Troy is a big guy?

https://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_26052_06.jpg

Reality check. That's Troy when he was Grimms age.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 08, 2010, 02:42:21 PM

R U?

Wow...just wow.

Do you think Troy is a big guy?

https://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_26052_06.jpg

Reality check. That's Troy when he was Grimms age.
Got any pictures of him in kindergarten?

X Factor

Starter
#3 : July 06, 2010, 10:08:38 AM

Is it just me or is Cody Grimm getting a lot of pub? I have heard more from and about him then Price, M. Lewis, Benn and Watson.. You would think he was a 1st or 2nd round pick or something... Well I guess you could never have enough SS's when you got Sabby as a starter...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 06, 2010, 10:16:05 AM

I'm pleased to hear the good news on Grimm but his best quality is being a ball hawk so doing drills in shorts means he can just kind of hang around and try and make a play when the ball is in the air. A lot of the other players' games are more suited wearing pads when they out-physical other players.

Also, Price hasn't even been allowed to practice because of the stupid graduation rule.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

flash_kiley

Second String

#5 : July 06, 2010, 10:20:37 AM

Grimm is getting a lot of pub because he is making a lot of splash plays, like Mike Williams.

#6 : July 06, 2010, 10:24:25 AM

Grimm is getting the pub only because Steve Wyche picked him as one of the guys for an article about struggling to make the team and there are followups along the way.

Doesn't hurt that 1.  Wyche likes the Bucs and 2.  Russ Grimm (Cody's Dad) is going into the HOF this year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 06, 2010, 10:30:04 AM

Grimm was known as a physical player coming out of college.  It is a surprise for him to be shining outside of his comfort zone playing away from the box.

obuc

Starter

#8 : July 06, 2010, 10:56:22 AM

Yeah its the Wyche thing. They are going to follow him over the course of training camp so it wont stop here.

JereLinc

Rookie
#9 : July 06, 2010, 12:09:34 PM

Yeah its the Wyche thing. They are going to follow him over the course of training camp so it wont stop here.
Yeah he's part of an NFL story on underdogs and has a HoF dad (maybe he's pulling some strings?). Of course what has been said about his time on the feild making plays backs up the good press

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 06, 2010, 01:39:29 PM

They actually bring up the situation of his dads induction on On the Fringe. He said he wants to go but if missing it means making the Bucs roster he has no problem with it.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 06, 2010, 01:44:04 PM

I think a lot of you are under-rating him. The reason we are hearing more about him than Price, M. Lewis, Benn or Watson is because he is doing more than Price, M. Lewis, Benn and Watson. Price and Lewis haven't even seen the field yet because of injury (Price got here mid June, but still didn't practice). Grimm seems to have the heart and football smarts you look for in a Safety, and will have an oppurtunity to contribute this year.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 07, 2010, 12:58:25 PM

Grimm was known as a physical player coming out of college. It is a surprise for him to be shining outside of his comfort zone playing away from the box.

Doesn't surprise me. The kid has great instincts. He was my sleeper in the entire draft. I still can't believe the Bucs actually picked him. I don't expect him to play this year unless there are injuries, but if he does, you won't see the bad angles and sloppy tackling that Sabby displayed last year. The kid is gonna be good IMO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 07, 2010, 03:27:30 PM

He has been getting alot of attention cause he is one of the 4 guys chosen to be part of "On the Fringe" Expect to continue to see and hear alot about him untill the final 53 man cut is made.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 07, 2010, 11:24:57 PM

Grimm is so small...he will really have to bring the pain if he wants to make it in the NFL...IMO...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grimm - is it just me or.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools