Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grimm - is it just me or.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 19, 2010, 10:47:39 PM

The only reason I am not a fan of Peanut is because other than returning kicks, he is useless. Four fumbles in twelve touches...r u serious? If all you can do is return kicks, you better be the best effin returner in the history of the NFL. Peanut is not.

Dante Hall, Dieon Sanders, Brian Mitchell, Josh Cribbs, Devin Hester....these guys were all better returners than Peanut, but they also contributed greatly on offense.

If Peanut doesn't show he can stop fumbling and be an effective option on offense, then he is a waste of aroster spot. Period.
Absurd.  Flat out absurd, and I totally disagree with your logic.

I mean "COMPLETELY".

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#61 : July 20, 2010, 01:18:37 AM

Sounds like the second coming of Sabby to me. He is not fast enough nor is he big enough to tackle Vernon Davis. Gates and other tight ends in the league. But I do wish him well.

Losing is not a option

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : July 20, 2010, 09:32:26 AM

Sounds like the second coming of Sabby to me. He is not fast enough nor is he big enough to tackle Vernon Davis. Gates and other tight ends in the league. But I do wish him well.

Lol! To say he is a 7th round long shot with very slim chances is one thing, but to say he is like Sabby is pure ignorance. He is the anti Sabby. He couldn't be more opposite from Sabby. Sabby is a great athlete with no instincts and poor fundamentals with high expections because he was taken in the 2nd round. Grimm is an average athlete with superb instincts and fundementals who has little to live upto as a 7th round pick. Seriously, saying he is the second coming of Sabby is just 100% incorrect.

Also, too small to tackle Vernon Davis? Where are you guys coming from? He was too small to be a linebacker, but at 6ft 205lbs he is near prototypical size for a safety. Safeties like Sabby that are 220lbs or higher are the rarity and a dieing breed. Look around the league if you don't believe me. Teams want interchangable free safeties back there, not 220-230 linebacker type safeties.

Look at the top safeties from last year. Troy Polamolu, Ed Reed, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Nick Collins, Antoine Bethea, Roman Harper, Antrel Rolle, Brandon Merriweather, Laron Landry....everyone of these guys is between 5'11" and 6'1" and not one of them is over 210lbs.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 20, 2010, 01:29:19 PM

I gave this place one last chance, and it's just not for me anymore.

Well, let's just close the boards down.

If you can't deal with a different opinion, I'll be the first to wish you good riddance.

What are you talking about, slappy? I haven't addressed anyone's opinion on Grimm in this thread, only the humor that "this place" isn't good enough for someone of dbtb135's scouting ability and intellect.

Did you think I was referring to you Biggs?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 20, 2010, 01:34:24 PM

Lol! To say he is a 7th round long shot with very slim chances is one thing, but to say he is like Sabby is pure ignorance. He is the anti Sabby. He couldn't be more opposite from Sabby. Sabby is a great athlete with no instincts and poor fundamentals with high expections because he was taken in the 2nd round. Grimm is an average athlete with superb instincts and fundementals who has little to live upto as a 7th round pick. Seriously, saying he is the second coming of Sabby is just 100% incorrect.

Also, too small to tackle Vernon Davis? Where are you guys coming from? He was too small to be a linebacker, but at 6ft 205lbs he is near prototypical size for a safety. Safeties like Sabby that are 220lbs or higher are the rarity and a dieing breed. Look around the league if you don't believe me. Teams want interchangable free safeties back there, not 220-230 linebacker type safeties.

Look at the top safeties from last year. Troy Polamolu, Ed Reed, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Nick Collins, Antoine Bethea, Roman Harper, Antrel Rolle, Brandon Merriweather, Laron Landry....everyone of these guys is between 5'11" and 6'1" and not one of them is over 210lbs.

JDouble waxing poetic. Pay attention Carolinabuc, you may learn something. You don't think Grimm can tackle a TE? Bwahhh hahaha. You're either a comedian, or you're funny.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : July 20, 2010, 01:37:54 PM

I gave this place one last chance, and it's just not for me anymore.

Well, let's just close the boards down.

If you can't deal with a different opinion, I'll be the first to wish you good riddance.

What are you talking about, slappy? I haven't addressed anyone's opinion on Grimm in this thread, only the humor that "this place" isn't good enough for someone of dbtb135's scouting ability and intellect.

Did you think I was referring to you Biggs?

That usually happens when you quote someone and then post.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#66 : July 20, 2010, 01:51:31 PM

I'm sorry Biggs. I should have just quoted the other guy. My bad.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

ilovebeer

Starter

#67 : July 20, 2010, 02:14:30 PM

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Laron Landry is around 230 right now. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 20, 2010, 04:50:31 PM

Landry is considered more of a bust depending on what you read. 

lowlife

Starter
#69 : July 20, 2010, 05:44:35 PM

Why so much typing for a 7th round pick?

He'll never be more than a special teamer or an emergency starter.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#70 : July 28, 2010, 03:49:14 PM

So has there been any word what so ever as to why we haven't signed Cody Grimm to a contract yet? Very strange that a 7th rounder hasn't been signed 3 days before camp starts...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/09000d5d81959631/On-the-Fringe-A-day-with-Grimm?module=HP_video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-on-the-fringe/09000d5d81959bae/On-the-Fringe-Grimm-s-trophies

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#71 : July 28, 2010, 04:01:50 PM

last year it was Sammie.  everyone loves an underdog.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : July 28, 2010, 05:18:56 PM

last year it was Sammie.  everyone loves an underdog.

Very true. I admit I love underdogs. I am afterall a Bucs fan!  ;D

Grimm is considered by many around the league to be the most instinctive player in the 2010 draft though, so he's not a complete underdog. If he can improve his athletism and strength thru NFL training, he could be a solid starter eventually.

I just wanna know why he hasn't signed yet.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grimm - is it just me or.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools