Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Supplement Draft on the 12th... Running Backs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#90 : July 13, 2010, 02:50:30 PM

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11493569&autostart=y

You know you like this kid....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#91 : July 14, 2010, 05:08:24 PM

per rotoworld

Sources tell the National Football Post that NFL teams are concerned about supplemental draft prospect Harvey Unga's "discipline" and "ability to work hard day in and day out."
Unga, who was dismissed by BYU for breaking the school's honor code, was reportedly "never asked to push himself" by the Cougars' coaching staff and "isn't a real self-starter." NFP scout Wes Bunting is impressed with Unga's inside running, nimble feet, and tackle-breaking ability. Bunting predicts Unga will be "a physical No. 2 guy" with short-yardage value in the pros.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#92 : July 14, 2010, 06:38:44 PM

per rotoworld

Sources tell the National Football Post that NFL teams are concerned about supplemental draft prospect Harvey Unga's "discipline" and "ability to work hard day in and day out."
Unga, who was dismissed by BYU for breaking the school's honor code, was reportedly "never asked to push himself" by the Cougars' coaching staff and "isn't a real self-starter." NFP scout Wes Bunting is impressed with Unga's inside running, nimble feet, and tackle-breaking ability. Bunting predicts Unga will be "a physical No. 2 guy" with short-yardage value in the pros.

That's hillarious. Unga's #1 quality is suppose to be his work ethic and ability to play thru minor injuries. Sounds to me like someone is trying to drop his stock in hopes of getting him with a lesser pick.

bait619

Starter

#93 : July 16, 2010, 01:19:17 PM

Jared Gaither was picked in the 5th round of the supplemental draft and he was a potential franchise LT...these RBs woul have been drafted in the 5th or later of this last year's draft...Unga will be lucky to be drafted in the 6th of this year's supplemental

Take what you think they are worth and subtract 3 rounds

my prediction: Unga in the 7th and the other two undrafted

LOL @ everybody talking about spending a third or fourth on Unga

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#94 : July 16, 2010, 01:59:48 PM

Jared Gaither was picked in the 5th round of the supplemental draft and he was a potential franchise LT...these RBs woul have been drafted in the 5th or later of this last year's draft...Unga will be lucky to be drafted in the 6th of this year's supplemental

Take what you think they are worth and subtract 3 rounds

my prediction: Unga in the 7th and the other two undrafted

LOL @ everybody talking about spending a third or fourth on Unga

yeah, i think people long for another alstott so they hold onto these big guys in hopes they will be the next. In all actuallity, Alstott was more of an anomally IMO. So many guys come out with these skill sets, but are rarely productive. I feel confident that the Bucs didnt miss out on anything with Unga.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#95 : July 16, 2010, 04:21:01 PM

I think the funny thing is that just because nobody wanted to risk a decent pick on a supplemental draft player, you guys think he sucks. Let's see what he does in the next few years before you decide a 4th would have been so stupid.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#96 : July 16, 2010, 04:31:33 PM

I think the funny thing is that just because nobody wanted to risk a decent pick on a supplemental draft player, you guys think he sucks. Let's see what he does in the next few years before you decide a 4th would have been so stupid.

So because 31 NFL teams  who have paid and professional scouts decided that a Tweener that would not have been drafted in this years draft had he declared are dumb because they didn't submit a pick from next years draft that has a better RB crop than this years on a player who doesn't have exciting stats or highlights? C'mon Double, I usually like your opinions on things but lets face it. At this point, the guy isn't special. Yeah sure he could become good but he probably won't. He plays a position that hasn't shown much success in the NFL and didn't even do overly well while doing it. 7th round picks are throw away picks, every now and then you'll catch a guy with one but usually they end up cut.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#97 : July 16, 2010, 04:40:03 PM

And all 32 teams have never been wrong before....right?

All I'm saying is the dude hasn't played a game yet. Where your drafted don't mean a thing. He could end up being great for the Bears and only time will tell.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Supplement Draft on the 12th... Running Backs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools