Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Names to Stay Away From « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

: July 06, 2010, 12:16:32 PM

http://thecovertwo.com/2010/07/06/big-names-to-stay-away-from/

adamwest237

Practice Squad

#1 : July 14, 2010, 12:59:22 AM

Can't agree with Randy Moss or Tony G.  Especially Gonzo, he will be a value in 2010 if this article is any indication.  He moves to a new team in 2009 and still puts up great numbers and will be Matt Ryan's best friend again on a team that doesn't have a viable WR2 and their primary RB rarely catches passes....that tells me the TE is getting plenty of work.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 14, 2010, 02:57:37 AM

Yeah, I can't agree with the Gonzo pick either. There are only a couple TE's I'd pick over him. K2 or Davis.

#3 : July 14, 2010, 07:22:11 AM

Terrible list. No Fitzgerald. He should be on everyones stay away from list. His QB play will be very erratic this year. and lol @ Mendenhall being a big name.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 28, 2010, 03:43:26 PM

I agree on Fitz.  Somebody is going to take him earlier than they should and the Leinart effect is going to be painful.

Turn the page.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 05, 2010, 11:32:36 PM

Yeah, I can't agree with the Gonzo pick either. There are only a couple TE's I'd pick over him. K2 or Davis.
Dallas Clark ?? That guy gets targets like nobody's business. He was either first or second last year among TEs and he had over 1k yards and 10 TDs

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

ilovebeer

Starter

#6 : August 09, 2010, 03:17:20 PM

Here is who I am staying away from

Wes Welker - pretty obvious
Antonio Bryant - I won't be shocked when he is IRd
Jermicheal Finely - He will be overdrafted based on hype
Ryan Matthews - same as above
Carson Palmer - not sold on his noodle arm
Matt Forte - Mike Martz effect
Greg Olsen - Mike Martz effect

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 09, 2010, 03:22:09 PM

Here is who I am staying away from

Wes Welker - pretty obvious
Antonio Bryant - I won't be shocked when he is IRd
Jermicheal Finely - He will be overdrafted based on hype
Ryan Matthews - same as above
Carson Palmer - not sold on his noodle arm
Matt Forte - Mike Martz effect
Greg Olsen - Mike Martz effect

Don't sleep on Welker too much.  Of course he's not worth his normal draft position but if he starts to slide down towards the WR3 candidates he could be worth a look.
I agree with the rest of your list though.
Read something today about Ryan Matthews having trouble catching balls out of the backfield.  If that doesn't change, I wouldn't be shocked to see a dose of Sproles here and there.

Turn the page.

ilovebeer

Starter

#8 : August 09, 2010, 03:39:38 PM

My thinking is Edelman will be a better pickup then Welker.  I think they switch roles for at least the first 4-5 weeks.  Then after that Welker could be worth owning.  Its all just opinion, though. 

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 09, 2010, 03:43:55 PM

Its all just opinion, though. 

So true.  The only reason I chimed in on Welker is because I keep reading good things about how quickly he's healing.
Apparently, he took a huge hit from Jerrod Mayo recently and showed no effects.

We will have a better idea after preseason.  I just think the guy could be a valuable steal later in the draft because of his chemistry with Brady and his familiarity with the offense.
IF he's healthy of course.

Turn the page.

ilovebeer

Starter

#10 : August 09, 2010, 03:49:44 PM

I read all the glowing reports about his health as well.  Then just the other day I heard Welker was shooting for a week 1 return, but wasn't sure of it.  That comment right there should pushed him way down on my draft board.  Have you read anything regarding his playing time during pre season?

What about Brandon Tate, how does he fit in the Pats WR depth chart?

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 09, 2010, 03:53:19 PM

I really haven't heard much about Tate but it bears mentioning that any reports coming out of New England have to be taken with a grain of salt.
I'd like to see the guy drop down the board into the area where people normally start picking up their WR3.
If he's there.  I might take a poke.

Turn the page.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 13, 2010, 12:42:12 PM

I don't think this is too bad a year to worry about big name stinkers. Last year you had Tomlinson, Portis, Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, and others going way higher than they deserved but everybody has them figured out now. No one is going to want them this year.

As for what to expect from Larry Fitzgerald, I wouldn't worry too much about Leinart. He may stink, but Boldin is gone so you know he'll be looking for Fitzgerald on every pass play. The guys you really have to worry about are Breaston and Doucet.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 13, 2010, 06:50:50 PM

FRG, you may be right about Fitz not suffering from Leinart but think about it this way:
If Fitz does have a sub-standard season his anticipated production will be much harder to replace than Breaston/Doucet.

Fitz will be going off the board quickly at the WR position in ALL drafts.
Doucet/Breaston won't be going until much, much later.

If one of those guys flames out, you can replace either with a waiver wire pick up.

I guess you can argue either position but personally I'm going to look elsewhere this season for a WR1 until I've seen that Leinart-Fitz becomes a reliable connection.

Turn the page.

X Factor

Starter
#14 : August 14, 2010, 11:57:28 AM

I agree that Fitz probably isn't worth a late 1st round pick but he is still going to put up really good numbers. When you look at the top WRs to me the only guy worth a 1st round pick is Andre Johnson.  Maybe not big names but I am staying away from Percy Harvin/DeSean Jackson/Shone Green/S. Jackson/Ronnie Brown.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Names to Stay Away From « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools