Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gruden ever admit Gradkowski was a mistake? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: March 10, 2007, 10:36:38 AM

Curious to see who makes the final cut. I would prefer Garcia, McCown, and Eugene, to start the season, but I wonder if Gruden's ego would allow that.

I would like to see Simms traded. He just doesn't fit in Gruden's system and being a lefty just complicates things.
Gradkowski got worse with each game he played. I've seen enough to convince me he'll never be a starter at this level, maybe never even a decent backup. I can't imagine how Gruden could still be impressed with him. Most players improve with experience.This seems to be a trend with every QB Gruden has had here. It makes me believe he makes the system more complicated than it needs to be. Too much terminology.

I'm not sure Garcia can last through sixteen games plus the playoffs. Replays of Jim Mora Sr. yelling playoffs?
I am confident that McCown could step in and play a respectable game for the Bucs.
Bruce Eugene is a guy I want to see in action. I know he won't cough up his spleen though he might cause defenders to cough up theirs.

I believe we will field a competitive team this year and David Boston will be a league surprise.. I really hope Gradkowski doesn't waste a spot on the roster.

I support Jon Gruden as HC. I just don't agree with everything he does. I felt exactly the same when Tony Dungy was here. My loyalty stays with the team.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 10, 2007, 10:41:57 AM

admit he was a mistake starting him last year or a mistake drafting him?  i don't think taking him in the 6th round was a mistake but clearly he was overwhelmed and the more experienced Rattay should have been tried earlier.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 10, 2007, 10:42:57 AM

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 10, 2007, 10:44:49 AM

I agree with that post Java.

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 10, 2007, 10:45:15 AM

Will Dungy ever admit his failure in Tampa to provide a Championsip for Tampa? Will Schottenheimer ever admit to his failures in the playoffs? Will Rich McKay ever admit to his mistakes on drafting offensive talent?

These men are in proffesional high paying jobs and don't ever have to publicly admit their mistakes, and probably never will. At least Gruden apologized to the fans for the team's failures this year, so thats about all I think we as fans can expect to hear.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 10, 2007, 10:47:17 AM

Gruden Still thinks there was a way to win the Giants game by throwing 52 times with a rookie. What makes you think he'll change now?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#6 : March 10, 2007, 10:50:42 AM

Last year, Gru was vilified for not having a veteran qb backup and now you propose the same thing?  Willyou admit your post is a mistake?

JC510

Practice Squad

#7 : March 10, 2007, 10:59:17 AM

Gradkowski was one the best value picks in the draft.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 10, 2007, 11:00:33 AM

What I meant was will Gruden prolong a failed experiment at the expense of others that I consider better prospects. I don't care if he admits to a mistake. I do care about what he does to correct it.

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : March 10, 2007, 11:03:03 AM

Gradkowski had a better TD/INT ratio than Leinart and Young.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 10, 2007, 11:02:54 AM

Eugene ??? Hey I think Gradkowski is on a high school level but I would take him over Eugene.

JC510 you are correct. When bang comes to buck Grads was well worth it. Who knows, you neve know. Gradkowski may be something in the future. Right now, in the immediate, he stands little chance.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 10, 2007, 11:04:43 AM

And Rex Grossman had comparable numbers to Carson Palmer in his first full season as a starter...........

Baghead #2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 10, 2007, 11:07:53 AM

Gradkowski stinks compared to Leinart or Young.   I have eyes.   I've seen those guys play.   I don't care what statistic you try to spin, there's no comparison between those players.   I'm not saying Gradkowski couldn't become a good QB in this system eventually.   But he's not the most talented guy in the world.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 10, 2007, 11:08:21 AM

He will never admit to that. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 10, 2007, 11:12:08 AM

What purpose would that serve for Gruden to say Grads was a mistake?   If Gruden has any class, he won't ever say Grads is/was a mistake.   That wouldn't be fair to Grads.    If Gruden feels Grads is a mistake, he should move in a different direction.   But if he ever said it was a mistake playing Grads, I'd lose alot of respect for Gruden as a man.   Gruden's a class act, there's no way he'll diss one of his players like that.   He's never done it with any player in the past (not even Keyshawn), I doubt he'll do it now.    I agree with BucsGuru, Gruden is too good a man.  He'll never say that Grads was a mistake.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gruden ever admit Gradkowski was a mistake? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools