Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gruden ever admit Gradkowski was a mistake? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 10, 2007, 01:27:51 PM

Bucsguru,

What do you want?  You want every coach in the NFL to come out and admit the mistakes? Is that really the responsibility of a coach to confess all the mistakes to the fans? 

Once again I have to bring up how stupid it is to criticize Gruden for his press conference skills.   You want to criticize him for putting in Gradkowski?  Fine I agree.  It was a mistake.

OK now you imply that something would be accomplished by our head coach coming out and admitting his mistakes to the fans, and if he doesn't thats some kind of character flaw.  Would it help if he broke down and cried and said "Please forgive me!" while he was reading his list of mistakes to the press?   You may occasionally see a coach admit to making a mistake, but those examples are few and far between and rightfully so.  Its not the coaches job to explain everything to the fans.

Every week Gruden stood up in front of the microphones and said "Its my responsibility. The buck stops here." And then he goes on to blame injuries and the defense.  So what?  When Dungy had his press conferences we criticized him for saying "We just didn't execute" all the time. There is no way to have a good press conference when your team sucks.

As for Gradkowski he should be on the roster as a 3rd string QB.   He got some valuable experience albeit at the expense of the Bucs.  Now he can build on that.  I would rather have Grads than Rattay.  Grads will get better.  Rattay will always suck.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 10, 2007, 01:37:09 PM

"Curious to see who makes the final cut. I would prefer Garcia, McCown, and Eugene, to start the season, but I wonder if Gruden's ego would allow that."

so if garcia goes down you'd like us to rely on the quarterbacks withOUT the experience..

you'd be a great coach buddy.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 10, 2007, 01:40:21 PM

I didn't know they broadcast Arizona Cardinal games in Indonesia.

I can watch any game I want each week.   They show every game at the American embassy club.    But I will admit that I only saw a couple of Cardinal games.   The main one that sticks out in my mind was the game against the Bears.   Leinart was phenomenal.    No way does Gradkowski have that kind of talent.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 10, 2007, 01:43:13 PM

I just don't see Gruden going to Grads and saying, "Bruce, I have to let you go." I think
Gruden would start crying!

I don't know if Grads will beat out Luke in TC but I hope he can. I'll take whoever makes it
but there's something in me that says Grads will be a very good WCO QB one day. I
thought Grads would get better with time, too. But hey, it's not an easy transition to
make for the best QBs, let alone a guy who has to rely a lot on heart. I think we will
see some very good things from Grads in TC. I would guess that he is working his
ass off as we debate this.

#34 : March 10, 2007, 01:45:23 PM

Will Dungy ever admit his failure in Tampa to provide a Championsip for Tampa? Will Schottenheimer ever admit to his failures in the playoffs? Will Rich McKay ever admit to his mistakes on drafting offensive talent?

These men are in proffesional high paying jobs and don't ever have to publicly admit their mistakes, and probably never will. At least Gruden apologized to the fans for the team's failures this year, so thats about all I think we as fans can expect to hear.

Cutting him would be just like admitting to a mistake.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 10, 2007, 01:59:01 PM

The odds are stacked against McCown.  It does not look like he will be a Buc heading into 07.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 10, 2007, 02:06:01 PM

"but I wonder if Gruden's ego would allow that."

Sorry Sparky, I stopped reading after that point.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#37 : March 10, 2007, 03:34:25 PM

He had better #s then Christopher Simms, I believe.

How can he be a mistake?  I hope you don't mean the so called "mistake" of starting Grads over Rattay?  Please with Rattay we'd have the same record, maybe a win or two more.  Don't act like Grads couldn't beat the Browns.

Grads is like 23-24 years old and has alot years left in this league.  Only quarterbacks currently on the roster guarenteed to make it come regular season time are Garcia and Grads.  Simms may get traded, where McCown is as good as cut.  Your just a hater if you want Eugune in there....

Eugune and McCown are wastes of space...

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#38 : March 10, 2007, 04:01:08 PM

Gruden knew it was going to be a bad year with the teams we had to play!!!  He knew we would not win  many games after losing the first three the way we did!!! Come on did you think we would win more games if we had CHris for the hole 16 games.  He sucked big time!!! Why not but  Gradkowski in and see what he could do. Rattay did not show much in TC . I still think Gradkowski can be  good in time.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 10, 2007, 04:12:11 PM

I am no big fan of Simms or Gradkowski but to sit here and say you would rather have McCown and BRUCE EUGENE?? over Simms and Gradkowski - WOW.  What, are we trying to go from bad to worse?  What the hell have McCown or Eugene shown that would ever think they are NFL QB's?  McCown has some physical talent but he has not shown much - hell if he did why would Cleveland trade him as it is not like they are full of All-Pro QB's?  Bruce Eugene is a joke as even Jared Allen has more NFL potential that this fat butt has.  Our best set of QB's will be Garcia, Simms and Gradkowksi and if we can get David Carr I would like to see Garcia, Carr and Gradkowski.  Bruce gets a pass for last season as he was a rookie but Simms has no excuse and to me he is all hype and little production.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#40 : March 10, 2007, 04:23:53 PM

Gradkowski has an amazing arm.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 10, 2007, 04:42:42 PM

Thats like asking your mother and father if you were a mistake

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 10, 2007, 05:46:01 PM

Itchalot, you would not look so foolish if read what I wrote in CAPITAL LETTERs.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 10, 2007, 06:22:45 PM

Samari28, I can't get the quote function to work here, but yes, that would be my QB roster. By now McCown should know the playbook as well as Simms. Simms has more arm strength, but he's not as mobile, and he is too indecisive. Simms has more experience, but like Gradkowski, experience has not improved his performance. McCown has the advantage in every other category. Simms was resigned because he has been in the system the longest. That doesn't translate to game performance. I am convinced McKay picked Simms as an act of sabotage. A left-handed pocket passer is the last thing Gruden wanted on this team. McCown has not shown much, but tell me when he had the opportunity. He looked pretty decent in the '05 preseason but that's the only chance he has had to play. I like Eugene over Gradkowski not just for his stats at Grambling, which are amazing, but because he can dish out punishment as well as absorb it. I doubt he would perform any worse than Gradkowski. The guy is huge and he is still quick. I can't wait to see how he does in Europe.

nflinsider

Starter

#44 : March 10, 2007, 06:51:29 PM

Dude...I'm not a Gradkowski apologist but the guy was a rookie and oh by the way, the Bucs weren’t winning with Simms either. I'm not sure Gruden has to admit anything. Simms when down with a season ending injury and he wanted to see if Bruce could be a spark. So the experiment didn’t work. It had a pretty darn good chance of failing considering most rookie QB's don’t light it up their first season. I think Gradkowski could benefit from sitting and watching a guy like Jeff Garcia for a couple of years.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gruden ever admit Gradkowski was a mistake? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools