Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gruden ever admit Gradkowski was a mistake? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#60 : December 03, 2007, 01:48:13 PM

You can't coach accuracy and arm strength. One third down conversion in ten attempts is beyond pathetic. Gradkowski is clearly in over his head and regressing. Give someone a shot who improves with experience.

thanson

Starter

#61 : December 03, 2007, 04:32:14 PM

Dont jump the gun quite yet.....If we would of not scored that last touchdown, you would be saying the same thing about McCown and how he took the safety instead of throwing the ball. QB position is the hardest to learn. Dom't get em wrong, i think grad could be playing alot better, I jsut don't want to jump the gun quite yet.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#62 : December 03, 2007, 04:42:28 PM

No.

This is two years in a row he has clearly not had his depth chart right at QB. Same goes for the RB. In general his draft record at the skill positions is shakey. When it comes to judging talent he's blind. If the owners of this team decide to renew Gruden's contract they need to hire a strong personnel guy and give him the last word over Gruden and if he won't go for it then let him walk.
I believe you give Gruden credit/blame for actions performed by our scouts and our GM. The scouts provide information and recommendations based on the needs of the team. The final word belongs to Bruce Allen and he answers to the owners. Gruden wanted to keep Griese last year. It just was not possible.

Your bias is showing. Gruden will soon have half of the possible division championships possible since realignment, and you want to force him out. Road apples. Try making some sense for a change.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 03, 2007, 04:48:20 PM

"but I wonder if Gruden's ego would allow that."

Sorry Sparky, I stopped reading after that point.

Ah the "ego" reference just another media creation that has never been shown to ever be accurate.

skip

Starter

#64 : December 03, 2007, 09:20:31 PM

Like George Bush, I am amazed there is still support for Bruce Gradkowski. I have been beating the drum for this guys removal since he was inserted in the line-up last year. If you can't throw the football accurately beyond  15 yards, there is no place for you in the Arena league let alone the NFL.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#65 : December 03, 2007, 09:22:29 PM

Like George Bush, I am amazed there is still support for Bruce Gradkowski. I have been beating the drum for this guys removal since he was inserted in the line-up last year. If you can't throw the football accurately beyond  15 yards, there is no place for you in the Arena league let alone the NFL.

This is true. I think that at least part of the reason the team stuck with him is because his inaccuracy flies in the face of his college career. It's almost as if he's forgotten how to throw the ball. At this point I'll be very surprised to see him back next season.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gruden ever admit Gradkowski was a mistake? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools