Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: LT FERGUSON'S NEW CONTRACT SHOULD PLEASE PENN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 07, 2010, 07:57:50 PM

Penn is very replaceable, I don't blame the Bucs.

Maybe. Who would we get to replace him for this year and not have to pay a ton of money?
Demar Dotson baby!

Slide protection every game.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 07, 2010, 08:05:03 PM

Penn is very replaceable, I don't blame the Bucs.

Maybe. Who would we get to replace him for this year and not have to pay a ton of money?
Penn isn't leaving $3 million on the table for 2010 when he hasn't even made $4 million in his entire career. He doesn't have to be replaced until 2011.

Player
  Penn, Donald
Year   Team   Base Salary   Sign Bonus   Other Bonus   Total Salary   Cap Value   Position
2009   Buccaneers    $ 2,792,000    $ 0    $ 5,200    $ 2,797,200    $ 2,797,200    OL
2008   Buccaneers    $ 445,000    $ 0    $ 5,280    $ 450,280    $ 450,280    OL
2007   Buccaneers    $ 360,000    $ 0    $ 6,360    $ 366,360    $ 366,360    OL
2006   Buccaneers    $ 275,000    $ 0    $ 0    Â        $ 210,294    $ 210,294    OL

source:  http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=penn&player=4242

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 07, 2010, 08:28:39 PM

Once again, who would replace him?

If he's holding out of training camp and misses a pre-season game, what happens if Freeman gets clocked (and injured) as Dotson's inexperience
costs him a big sack?

I agree that IF the Bucs can wait it out, Penn will eventually sign. But at what risk to Free?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 07, 2010, 09:14:07 PM

IMO quarterback injuries have a lot more to do with the quarterback's frailty and not the amount of hits. Weaklings like Garcia and Griese were constantly hurt even with the great Penn while young, strong guys like Rodgers and Roethlisberger combined to get sacked 100 times in 2009 and still started 31 of 32 games.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 07, 2010, 11:15:05 PM

this is the really sad thing about this "issue".

The BUcs have a TON of cap room to sign Penn, and even if they gave him around 7 million a year (I hear he may want 9?), it doesn't hurt the BUcs cap space one bit. 

The management is cheap, regardless of the CBA, or Penn's subjective worth.

What makes it worse, is that Penn WOULD be in camp if they would pay him, getting ready for the season, and helping him generate more communication with the new QB and the players around him, if they did pay him, and they are paper thin at the position and really have no excuse as to NOT pay the man.

Pathetic ownership man.  I blame them 100 percent, there is no other way you guys can view this.  They have a ton of cap space, he is a Dominik found "diamond", and it is becoming obvious the Glazers are strangling the life out of the talent level on this team...

Glazers suck donkey balls.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 07, 2010, 11:18:56 PM

It has nothing to do with the cap;its all about guaranteed money

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 07, 2010, 11:23:57 PM

It has nothing to do with the cap;its all about guaranteed money
And how much money under the cap are the Bucs?

And how badly do they need a LT?  Dotson?  Child please.  He will get eaten alive out there, and most of us know this.

It does have a  lot to do with the cap in my perception, because the Bucs have a LOT of cap space, meaning they have the means to really sign him, but they think Dotson is the answer?  Please.

Look, I am not saying Penn is the best LT out there.  He is a middle of the road LT, but sadly one of the better LTs the Bucs have had in a long long time.  So he wants some money...pay him.  It is not going to destroy the Bucs chances of resigning anyone.  Or getting a quality free agent should they become available (HA HA HA YEAH RIGHT!).

Glazers suck, no way you guys can manipulate this into anything other than the Glazers are not willing to pay Penn anything more than 3 cents a year.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 07, 2010, 11:24:56 PM

The BUcs have a TON of cap room to sign Penn, and even if they gave him around 7 million a year (I hear he may want 9?), it doesn't hurt the BUcs cap space one bit.  

What makes it worse, is that Penn WOULD be in camp if they would pay him, getting ready for the season, and helping him generate more communication with the new QB and the players around him, if they did pay him, and they are paper thin at the position and really have no excuse as to NOT pay the man.

Pathetic ownership man.  I blame them 100 percent, there is no other way you guys can view this.  They have a ton of cap space, he is a Dominik found "diamond", and it is becoming obvious the Glazers are strangling the life out of the talent level on this team...

The Bucs have no more or less cap room than any other team, since this is an uncapped year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 07, 2010, 11:26:44 PM

Pathetic ownership man.  I blame them 100 percent, there is no other way you guys can view this.  They have a ton of cap space, he is a Dominik found "diamond", and it is becoming obvious the Glazers are strangling the life out of the talent level on this team...

The Bucs have no more or less cap room than any other team, since this is an uncapped year.

Making this argument even funnier.

Who exactly do the Bucs have in mind to play LT this year?

And in the end, Penn will get paid, and all that will have happened is that he missed a lot of time bonding with his new QB.

And when the CBA gets hammered out (it will), the Bucs will be right back to being one of the teams with the most cap space. 

Glazers suck.  Flat out liars.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 07, 2010, 11:28:40 PM

I find it bizarre that there are people actually taking the Glazers side on this.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 07, 2010, 11:30:54 PM

I find it bizarre that there are people actually taking the Glazers side on this.
Me as well...

This team needs all the help it can get.  Paying Penn is really not an issue, unless they don't get it done ASAP.  they have so much money to spend under the cap (which is imaginary right now, but it will be back in play), it should be a non-issue. The Glazers are cheap, and are throwing out all sorts of excuses.  It is pathetic.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 07, 2010, 11:32:49 PM

The people taking the Glazers side are the blind homers who think that supporting the management of the team makes them a true fan.   Weird way of thinking, but whatever.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 07, 2010, 11:36:20 PM

The people taking the Glazers side are the blind homers who think that supporting the management of the team makes them a true fan. Weird way of thinking, but whatever.
Stupid way of thinking.

Just because the leader is an idiot, doesn't mean we are as well.

calibucfan15

Starter

#28 : July 08, 2010, 12:01:50 AM

The people taking the Glazers side are the blind homers who think that supporting the management of the team makes them a true fan. Weird way of thinking, but whatever.
Stupid way of thinking.

Just because the leader is an idiot, doesn't mean we are as well.

What really perplexes me is how people say X player is not worth this amount of money. What do you care??? It's not your money!!!!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 08, 2010, 12:39:06 AM

The Glaciers aren't paying Penn because there are no good players on the roster worth paying due to the previous administration's poor drafting blah, blah, blah.  ~  TheGlaciers2010

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: LT FERGUSON'S NEW CONTRACT SHOULD PLEASE PENN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools