Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: LT FERGUSON'S NEW CONTRACT SHOULD PLEASE PENN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 08, 2010, 12:59:59 AM

What really perplexes me is how people say X player is not worth this amount of money. What do you care??? It's not your money!!!!

Yeah but when the cap comes back if you have a lot of $$$$ tied up in a mediocre guy it does hurt the team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 08, 2010, 01:00:47 AM

What really perplexes me is how people say X player is not worth this amount of money. What do you care??? It's not your money!!!!

Yeah but when the cap comes back if you have a lot of $$$$ tied up in a mediocre guy it does hurt the team.

What does it matter when the team is always 20 million or more under the cap anyway?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#32 : July 08, 2010, 01:35:08 AM

Why do people like to correlate **CENSORED**? Wanting to sign Donald Penn is not a matter of the Glazers, its flat out a bad business move. He is an average left tackle and hasnt warranted a long-term deal. His work ethic sucks, the guy was 40-50 pounds overweight last year. I'd defend him if he didnt turn into a fat mess in a contract year and put himself in a position where the front office has to question if hes worthy of being around long term.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 08, 2010, 01:55:22 AM

Why do people like to correlate crap? Wanting to sign Donald Penn is not a matter of the Glazers, its flat out a bad business move. He is an average left tackle and hasnt warranted a long-term deal. His work ethic sucks, the guy was 40-50 pounds overweight last year. I'd defend him if he didnt turn into a fat mess in a contract year and put himself in a position where the front office has to question if hes worthy of being around long term.

You are the same guy who wanted to pay McCardell more money back in the day.   His salary was fine.   Now you don't want to pay Penn.   Seems hypocritical to me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 08, 2010, 01:55:59 AM

Why do people like to correlate crap? Wanting to sign Donald Penn is not a matter of the Glazers, its flat out a bad business move. He is an average left tackle and hasnt warranted a long-term deal. His work ethic sucks, the guy was 40-50 pounds overweight last year. I'd defend him if he didnt turn into a fat mess in a contract year and put himself in a position where the front office has to question if hes worthy of being around long term.

Not protecting your franchise QB is a flat out, a horrible business move. While Penn holds out, Freeman is at risk. Plain and simple.

Pay him.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#35 : July 08, 2010, 02:03:49 AM

You are the same guy who wanted to pay McCardell more money back in the day.   His salary was fine.   Now you don't want to pay Penn.   Seems hypocritical to me.

Find a post of me saying that before you accuse me of saying **CENSORED** I never said. I was pissed off at the whole situation and was ecstatic to see we got a 3rd round pick for him when we did.

Not protecting your franchise QB is a flat out, a horrible business move. While Penn holds out, Freeman is at risk. Plain and simple.

Pay him.

Who says paying Penn guarantees Freeman being protected? If it was as simple as paying a player with questionable work ethic to do such an important job, then this would be a done deal.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 08, 2010, 02:50:07 AM

I gotta disagree with you Awitron...because there is no way Dotson is going to start...and if he does, oh dear Lord, the BUcs will have the worst starting LT in the ENTIRE NFL.  Flat out truth.

Penn will want his money, but it is not a horrible business move when the depth of your backups is paper thin, usually is, and assuming they will draft a stud LT next year means the BUcs are not taking any steps forward with improving this sorry squad.  The team is flat out bad...if not terrible.  No arguing what I saw last year.  It was horrible.

And if the BUcs are picking top 3 again next year...man...

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : July 08, 2010, 05:14:44 AM

I gotta disagree with you Awitron...because there is no way Dotson is going to start...and if he does, oh dear Lord, the BUcs will have the worst starting LT in the ENTIRE NFL.  Flat out truth.

Penn will want his money, but it is not a horrible business move when the depth of your backups is paper thin, usually is, and assuming they will draft a stud LT next year means the BUcs are not taking any steps forward with improving this sorry squad.  The team is flat out bad...if not terrible.  No arguing what I saw last year.  It was horrible.

And if the BUcs are picking top 3 again next year...man...

I agree, if Dotson starts then we have a problem. But HE IS NOT GOING TO START. What the hell do you guys expect Penn to do? One of the worst left tackles in football is going to sit out the season? Come on now. He is going to report when it matters and hes going to play for a contract. He has zero leverage right now. The front office is probably daring him to sit out.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#38 : July 08, 2010, 05:55:38 AM

I'm annoyed that the Bucs haven't offered him a reasonable contract 3 years $15 million + incentives. If they were really thinking long term they'd take a page out of the New England book, give Dotson time to train up or draft a good LT and then with  year left to go on Penn's contract trade him to another team.

At the end of the day, Penn is the best LT we have on the team. Give him a reasonable contract and make contingency for the future, then you cover all bases.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 08, 2010, 06:28:36 AM

The BUcs have a TON of cap room to sign Penn, and even if they gave him around 7 million a year (I hear he may want 9?),

Look, I am not saying Penn is the best LT out there. He is a middle of the road LT,

c'mon boid.  with these 2 posts it sounds like you are advocating paying a middle of the road LT 9mil per.

with the Bucs current cap situation they could have outbid snyder for haynesworth.   just because something is possible doesnt make it right.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 08, 2010, 06:31:09 AM

everyone is upset with the Glazers right now, and to be honest, it doesnt look good on their part.  but dont let the snowball effect cloud our judgement.

how can so many be so emphatic when they dont even know the facts?  unless we know what penn wants, and what the Bucs are offering, we all just look like idiots ranting about this.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 08, 2010, 06:57:38 AM

Pay him.

So why were Garcia and Griese constantly hurt with the great Penn protecting them?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 08, 2010, 06:59:30 AM

Look, I am not saying Penn is the best LT out there.  He is a middle of the road LT, but sadly one of the better LTs the Bucs have had in a long long time.  So he wants some money...pay him.  It is not going to destroy the Bucs chances of resigning anyone.  Or getting a quality free agent should they become available (HA HA HA YEAH RIGHT!).
How do you ever expect to be better than a middle of the road team when you pay big money to middle of the road players? Don't we want to be a great team?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 08, 2010, 08:39:55 AM

I'm annoyed that the Bucs haven't offered him a reasonable contract 3 years $15 million + incentives. If they were really thinking long term they'd take a page out of the New England book, give Dotson time to train up or draft a good LT and then with year left to go on Penn's contract trade him to another team.

At the end of the day, Penn is the best LT we have on the team. Give him a reasonable contract and make contingency for the future, then you cover all bases.

While I admit I haven't done a great job of keeping up with the offseason and would be very cheerful to be proved wrong, I get the strong impression that Penn wants considerably more than 3 years, $15M + incentives. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 08, 2010, 09:15:53 AM

I'm annoyed that the Bucs haven't offered him a reasonable contract 3 years $15 million + incentives.

How do you know it hasn't been offered?

That appears to be the Bucs plan.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: LT FERGUSON'S NEW CONTRACT SHOULD PLEASE PENN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools