Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rev. Jesse Jackson's take on LBJ.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 12, 2010, 05:18:05 PM

The parody in the NBA was a joke long before this happened.  Now instead of having just the Cavs, Celtics, and Magic in the east, you have the Heat, Celtics, and Magic who compete for the opportunity to face the Lakers in the Finals.  I guess you can throw in Chicago and Atlanta, but they are not going to beat the Heat or Celtics, IMO.

Since 1990:
The Chicago Bulls won 6 times
The LA Lakers won 5 times
The SA Spurs won 4 times.

The other 4 franchises to win in the past 20 years: Houston(2), Detroit, Boston, & Miami.

So, as I said, the parody was a joke long before this “debacle”

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 12, 2010, 05:23:50 PM

Didn't Barkley play with Olajuwon (and Drexler) in Houston in an effort to win a Title? I don't have a problem with LBJ going to Miami to play with other great players. Garnett and Allen did the same in Boston.

The huuuuge problem for LBJ is how he handled the whole situation, not what his ultimate decision was.
at the end of his career.  AO and CD were long in the tooth at that point as well.  Houston was CD's home town as well.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 12, 2010, 05:41:44 PM

Didn't Barkley play with Olajuwon (and Drexler) in Houston in an effort to win a Title? I don't have a problem with LBJ going to Miami to play with other great players. Garnett and Allen did the same in Boston.

The huuuuge problem for LBJ is how he handled the whole situation, not what his ultimate decision was.
at the end of his career.  AO and CD were long in the tooth at that point as well.  Houston was CD's home town as well.

The point remains that Barkley went to Houston (through a trade at Barkley's request) to play with 2 other guys in the 50 NBA's Greatest Players club in an effort to win a championship.

I had no problem with Chuck putting himself in what he thought was his best place to win, nor do I LBJ.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 12, 2010, 06:45:14 PM

The Cavs owner is an as-sbag and gave the rest of the league ammunition against him when competing for a FA. No player is going to want to play for that piece of garbage and how can you blame them? He did way more harm than good long term to his own franchise.

I hope he's fined Mark Cuban style.

From what I heard, Gilbert was holding back. Seems like Lebron, once the cameras are off, is a big time jackazz.

Glad for Cleveland that he stuck up for them and spoke him mind.

So when he talks about people not holding Lebron accountable then he's talking about himself right?

How do you think Gilbert would have reacted if LBJ said Cleveland on Thursday night, would Gilbert have turned him away? If in fact Lebron is like that and GIlbert has hidden his honest feelings for 7 years then he is the one to blame, not Leborn.

When LBJ was stacking paper for Gilbert's franchise you didn't hear a peep out of him, interesting huh?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 12, 2010, 07:25:05 PM

.  I guess you can throw in Chicago and Atlanta, but they are not going to beat the Heat or Celtics, IMO.
Well the Hawks did sweep the season series with Boston last year. Only the regular season of course but it counts for something.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 12, 2010, 07:46:04 PM

the whole thing is funny to me. if lebron signs with the knicks he's just in it for the money. if he signs with the cavs he doesnt care about winning. if he signs with the heat he knows he isnt one of the greatest.

** nods head in approvement **

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 12, 2010, 07:48:38 PM

"His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."

Sickening.

Leave it up to this turd to bring race into it.  Jackson is nothing more than a racist himself, helping to set back race relations every time he opens his stupid mouth.

Guys like him need to go hide under a rock along with the kkk guys from the 50's.   They are no longer viable.   Racists to the extreme while everyone else has moved on.

PreferNFL2010

Rookie

#37 : July 12, 2010, 07:55:28 PM

The end game to me is that the Cavs' brass is displaying sour grapes to the point of re-defining them.  Had the brass surrounded LJ with better talent things might have been different.

Like the Bucs' situation, it ALL starts at the top.

As for Jesse?  Tuned that hypocrite out long ago.

If an apple has a spot on it, you remove the spot - Lynette Fromme aka Squeaky

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 12, 2010, 09:14:25 PM

I'd like to know if African Americans in general even bother listening to Jackson anymore...

Who is he even speaking for these days?

Do African Americans find him to be an embarassment, or do they rally behind him?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 12, 2010, 09:21:53 PM

Pretty sure it is embarrassing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 12, 2010, 09:22:45 PM

LeBron James has the right to play wherever he wants - the Cav's could have handled this better.

LeBron certainly could have avoided the 'rubbing Cleveland's nose' in the process - the whole ESPN show, waiting to tell the owner... bad.

Cleveland's owner had every right to say what he said in his open letter.

And his letter put him on a par with the poor behavior of he former player.

Jesse Jackson - no need to say anything about ol' Jesse.  He covers himself with vile about every damned time he speaks.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#41 : July 12, 2010, 09:28:42 PM

I'd like to know if African Americans in general even bother listening to Jackson anymore...

Who is he even speaking for these days?

Do African Americans find him to be an embarassment, or do they rally behind him?

Michael Wilbon agreed with Jesse Jackson today on PTI. I lost a TON of respect for him....

MBF

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 12, 2010, 09:46:25 PM

I was gonna say that too Paul, but Wilbon tried to say that "tens of thousands of black men" were saying the same thing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 12, 2010, 10:11:32 PM

I was gonna say that too Paul, but Wilbon tried to say that "tens of thousands of black men" were saying the same thing.

Not this one!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 12, 2010, 10:26:37 PM

Stern fines Dan Gilbert $100,000 for LeBron letter

Mon Jul 12,2010 8:08 PM ET By John Krolik
 Source:    PBT.com

David Stern has just announced that he will fine Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert $100,000 for his open letter to Cleveland fans, which Gilbert wrote shortly after LeBron James announced on ESPN that he would sign with the Miami Heat. When explaining the fine, Stern called Gilbert's letter both "ill-advised" and "imprudent."

Stern was not a fan of the way LeBron's decision was produced, but he did say that players are "within their rights to sign with any team," which likely explains why he fined Gilbert for his letter. The money won't mean much to Gilbert, but Stern's condemnation of his actions must feel like a dash of salt in what was clearly a very deep wound for him.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rev. Jesse Jackson's take on LBJ.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools