Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rev. Jesse Jackson's take on LBJ.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#90 : July 14, 2010, 01:36:23 PM

I love the graphic.

Most of the sales business isn't from gamblers.

But gamblers DO pawn their items from time to time. One HUGE gambler pawns his stuff and then uses that money to bet. I've been there when he hit a gigantic sports parlay. The cash on the table was ridiculous. Had to shoot that.

You want to get top dollar for your stuff? Don't bring it to a pawn shop. Pretty simple.

You want cash today? Come on down! Just educate yourself on how much your item is worth. You'd be surprised at how many people don't do that.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#91 : July 14, 2010, 01:44:09 PM

You want to get top dollar for your stuff? Don't bring it to a pawn shop. Pretty simple.

This is the part I don't get. I understand some of the quick cash transactions done there but some of the stuff brought in, you know a little research on the Internet could get you a better market to approach.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#92 : July 14, 2010, 01:50:28 PM

People want the quick buck and don't want to deal with the hassle of placing an ad on CL or EBay. Or, they tried and didn't get what they were looking for.

I guess others just like being on TV?

Some items would only sell for a lot in an auction. I think the NASA item (flag and signatures) is a good example of that. I think $4000 cash was a good deal for her.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#93 : July 14, 2010, 01:53:46 PM

I know you said few use the money to get their gambling fix. But every time someone completes a transaction there, I have this image in my head of them sitting at a craps table with all of their money.

I can't help it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#94 : July 14, 2010, 02:41:02 PM

I know you said few use the money to get their gambling fix. But every time someone completes a transaction there, I have this image in my head of them sitting at a craps table with all of their money.

I can't help it.

The out of towners may see it as free money and go to the tables. But the locals are a little different. For the most part, they don't gamble as much as the tourists.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rev. Jesse Jackson's take on LBJ.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools