Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs fans dropping tickets and not looking back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

#15 : July 14, 2010, 09:54:31 AM

if yorue stupid enough to call this guy a "fair weather" fan, then its only fair to cal you a "cheapskate loser" for not buying tickets in the first place.   That "fair weather" arguement is absolutely ridiculous.   Ive dropped $6,000-$7,000 a year on two ticekts for the past few seasons am I finally wised up.   The owners were charging inflated prices for years when you compare it to the greater Tampa market, and the success of the team.  It was out of proportion.   Now, the momentum is finally with the fans and the ticket holders.  

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#16 : July 14, 2010, 09:56:15 AM

I agree completly with this guy. If the Glazers put forth effort to show me they care then I will pay my bounty to come see your team. If not then why should I pay my hard earned money in a ressesion so that you can say... "Even though we slashed payroll fans still came"

Dont give this orginization any feeling of acceptance or that you are ok with this. The only way the Glazers will get the message is if Ray Jay is empty...then they will have to spend some money to get fans back

Make them come to us we dont have to come to them
Tampa fans want players they care about, and more likely than not, those are home grown players. They spent a ton of money on Keyshawn and the fans didn't like him. They spent a ton of money on Rice and the fans didn't like him. The Bucs were gunning for a 1st round bye in 2008 and were having trouble selling out games because the fans didn't give a crap about any of the players. They want the next Alstott, Lynch, and Brooks.

If you didn't like Rice, you had a problem... double digit sacks for like 5 years... He was my MVP of the Superbowl.  

The thing is signing Rice didn't preclude us from drafting Alstott, Lynch, or Brooks.  Just because you sign free agents, doesn't mean you have to draft poorly... they don't take away picks when  you sign a free agent.  This building through the draft excuse is a red herring... The fact is since the Glazers bought Manchester United they have cut the operating budget of the Bucs dramatically.  These are the facts and they are indisputable.  

I mean we got a guy name Digger negotiating contracts and his last job was in real estate.  It's not just players salary.. the front office is smaller, the coaching staff is cheaper... they don't go to Disney for training camp... every thing about the Bucs these days screams "low rent."  Look with your eyes and quit buying the company line.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 14, 2010, 10:02:21 AM

If you didn't like Rice, you had a problem... double digit sacks for like 5 years... He was my MVP of the Superbowl. 
Everyone liked what he did on the field, but for the most part they didn't like him-like him. He wasn't a ticket seller like Alstott, Brooks, Lynch, and others. No one, other than Java, cried when he got released like they did with those three.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JC510

Practice Squad

#18 : July 14, 2010, 10:11:09 AM

if yorue stupid enough to call this guy a "fair weather" fan, then its only fair to cal you a "cheapskate loser" for not buying tickets in the first place.   That "fair weather" arguement is absolutely ridiculous.   Ive dropped $6,000-$7,000 a year on two ticekts for the past few seasons am I finally wised up.   The owners were charging inflated prices for years when you compare it to the greater Tampa market, and the success of the team.  It was out of proportion.   Now, the momentum is finally with the fans and the ticket holders.  

Funny how this "momentum" came along after the team's worst season since 1991.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#19 : July 14, 2010, 10:12:27 AM

Everyone liked what he did on the field, but for the most part they didn't like him-like him. He wasn't a ticket seller like Alstott, Brooks, Lynch, and others. No one, other than Java, cried when he got released like they did with those three.

Alstott was forced out due to injury... nothing you can do about that, Any one who watched the end of '08 could see poor Brooks was a shell of his former self... I didn't have a problem with releasing him... maybe could have been done with more pomp and circumstance... but completely understandable.  Lynch hurts a bit, because in hindsight he had some gas left in the tank.

Players get old... I guess the average casual fan doesn't realize that, but letting players go who are hanging on past their usefulness has never bothered me... If Rice had gone to Denver and had 15 sacks, I bet there would be a lot more indignation.

The thing with Brooks was... he didn't go to another team... If people could have seen him go to New England and get cut before the season started... they may have seen he had nothing left to give...  It's really not fair to the current regime that people think of Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks and not the old man limping down the field in the '08 Raider game.  That is one of the few things I do not fault the current regime in doing. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 14, 2010, 10:16:47 AM

I'm not complaining about the parting of any of them. All I'm saying is you can't just go to the store and get more players the fans identify with that cause them to pay for tickets to go to games. It's an organic process.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 14, 2010, 10:19:12 AM

"They could invite me to go have breakfast with Raheem Morris,'' said the Englewood resident, "it doesn't change my mind.''

They would have to pay me pretty big money to have breakfast with Raheem Morris.

#22 : July 14, 2010, 10:19:25 AM

I'm on the fence about Brooks...   He was clearly done.  But refused the 'pomp and circumstance'.  In my mind, did he not bring it on himself?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 14, 2010, 10:21:03 AM

I'm on the fence about Brooks...   He was clearly done.  But refused the 'pomp and circumstance'.  In my mind, did he not bring it on himself?
At this point it doesn't even matter. All that matters is finding the next Brooks level player, and it's been over 10 years now.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : July 14, 2010, 10:25:01 AM

How long have you all had your tickets?

Had tickets with my stepdad in 93, 94 and 95.

Thomas

Starter

#25 : July 14, 2010, 10:28:28 AM

Funny how after we released Rice and Brooks they couldnt get a contract with a single other team.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#26 : July 14, 2010, 10:28:45 AM

I'm not complaining about the parting of any of them. All I'm saying is you can't just go to the store and get more players the fans identify with that cause them to pay for tickets to go to games. It's an organic process.

I think this fuzzy feeling people are supposed to get fro the new guys is just marketing talk.  The bottom line is... if The Bucs win the staduim will be full... if they suck... much less full.  The vets released in the purge were Brooks, Dunn, Hilliard, and June... I didn't feel that Hayes, Caddy, Stroughter, or Black did any worse than those guys in '08.

The real reason the stadium is empty has every thing to do with the decisions of the front office and the coaching staff that resulted in the Bucs winging it most of the season.  Scrapping the offense a week before the season and running an ill conceived defensive scheme made the Bucs look like the Yucs again... It was all unprofessional and unbecoming.. I don't think it was a talent problem necessarily... it's a management problem.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 14, 2010, 10:31:42 AM

Funny how after we released Rice and Brooks they couldnt get a contract with a single other team.

Who cares?   They were both studs and should be well respected by all Buc fans.  Anyone who doesn't respect those guys is and never was a Buc fan.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 14, 2010, 10:32:14 AM

How long have you all had your tickets?

Since 1976!  Will continue to do so as long as my health holds up.

And I didn't buy club seats and then biotch afterwards that they cost too much. My per seat price has gone up $30 since 1976-peanuts, comparatively. Two excellent seats in the north end zone.

Living thru the two early years and the multiple double digit loss years is a helluva lot worse than what is going on now.

I go to the games for entertainment and to give support to our players-whoever they may be. I certainly don't go because of who the owner/coach/GM is or isn't or where they train.

Either you support the TEAM or you don't. It's that simple.

I chose to and will continue to do so, despite all the naysayers.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 14, 2010, 10:41:18 AM

I think this fuzzy feeling people are supposed to get fro the new guys is just marketing talk.  The bottom line is... if The Bucs win the staduim will be full... if they suck... much less full.  The vets released in the purge were Brooks, Dunn, Hilliard, and June... I didn't feel that Hayes, Caddy, Stroughter, or Black did any worse than those guys in '08.

The real reason the stadium is empty has every thing to do with the decisions of the front office and the coaching staff that resulted in the Bucs winging it most of the season.  Scrapping the offense a week before the season and running an ill conceived defensive scheme made the Bucs look like the Yucs again... It was all unprofessional and unbecoming.. I don't think it was a talent problem necessarily... it's a management problem.
Bucs fans couldn't even fill up the stadium for a home playoff game in 2007. Disinterest in players, even when winning, has been going on for a while. It's bigger than just what happened in 2009.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs fans dropping tickets and not looking back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools