Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs fans dropping tickets and not looking back « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#195 : July 19, 2010, 12:08:46 PM

even if the glazers had kept ticket prices relatively steady over the years, there would have been pushback, complaints about prices, and outrage over committing to a team that treaded water like the bucs have.  the real issue is that the team was never less consistent than it was right when everyone's 10-year contracts were expiring.  combine that with a brutal economic downturn here in tampa, and you have 10 years' worth of reasons to leave staring over 30,000 season ticket holders in the face and not a ton of reminders of the team's best years or a core that made people excited for the future.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#196 : July 19, 2010, 12:30:59 PM

even if the glazers had kept ticket prices relatively steady over the years, there would have been pushback, complaints about prices, and outrage over committing to a team that treaded water like the bucs have.  the real issue is that the team was never less consistent than it was right when everyone's 10-year contracts were expiring.  combine that with a brutal economic downturn here in tampa, and you have 10 years' worth of reasons to leave staring over 30,000 season ticket holders in the face and not a ton of reminders of the team's best years or a core that made people excited for the future.

Excellent points.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#197 : July 19, 2010, 02:57:35 PM

the Bucs lost their fan base when the greedy Glazers ....in this dark time....had the gall after a bad year and nothing on the horizon....of raising ticket prices to 33 percent more....that is what broke the camels back.......greed......thats when no raise at all was the right thing to do......'let them eat cake 'said the queen of france......and you all know what happened to her....greed...greed ....greed......if they want to have fans come back they should have lowered all the prices on tickets not just a select few sections in the stadium.

When they jacked the prices by 35 percent in one season, that's when I bailed.   The economy had nothing to do with it in my case, I could afford those tickets with no problems at all.   But I thought it was unethical and greedy on the Glazer's part to unjustly raise the prices that much in one season.  They are getting what they deserve now.   By the way, the economy still has zero to do with the fact that I don't buy tickets now.   

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#198 : July 20, 2010, 01:49:49 PM

Java strikes again. Awesome. You're the best poster on this site, Java. LMFAO big time!! Great post.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#199 : July 20, 2010, 02:31:21 PM

Java strikes again. Awesome. You're the best poster on this site, Java. LMFAO big time!! Great post.

Great pic of Caddy whiffin on Alex Brown.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs fans dropping tickets and not looking back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools